Thread: Shadowbreeds and factions

Shadowbreeds and factions

Two possiblities:

Make the available shadowbreed for a player based upon their SL faction, not their RK faction.

Make both shadowbreeds available to clan and omni of the same breed, but have them share a lockout.

Potential issues:

Removes a unique ability of being clan or omni.

Shadowbreeds being changed like this would have greatest impact on PVP, arguably affecting a key part of PVE content.

People would no longer have shadowbreeds to blame for losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    People would no longer have shadowbreeds to blame for losing.
    Untrue - whining ppl always find a reason for blaming something for anything. And it doesnt matter which SB seals their doom in a fight, they would blame it for losing anyhow.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

I can see why people complain about others using a vastly superior tool to gain unfair advantage in mass pvp. Can't you?

PS: shadowbreeds are bad. Either remove all of them completely, or allow both sides to use all of them.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    Untrue - whining ppl always find a reason for blaming something for anything. And it doesnt matter which SB seals their doom in a fight, they would blame it for losing anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I can see why people complain about others using a vastly superior tool to gain unfair advantage in mass pvp. Can't you? shadowbreeds are bad.
    Hilarious

SB's are awesome at towers. Nuke strikes are awesome too.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I can see why people complain about others using a vastly superior tool to gain unfair advantage in mass pvp. Can't you?

PS: shadowbreeds are bad. Either remove all of them completely, or allow both sides to use all of them.
    Putting only 1 aspect into a focus while ignoring the other is... As if only the omni SB would be "vastly superior".

For example: The omni root SB is a powerful tool, without a doubt. Heal and absorb SB too. The root can be removed (ie: hindered) but the clan effects cant.

So please, dont twist facts in these ways since they render a single result false. There are always two sides of a story.
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

Putting only 1 aspect into a focus while ignoring the other is... As if only the omni SB would be "vastly superior".

For example: The omni root SB is a powerful tool, without a doubt. Heal and absorb SB too. The root can be removed (ie: hindered) but the clan effects cant.

So please, dont twist facts in these ways since they render a single result false. There are always two sides of a story.
    It's just the way things work, an offensive SB is never really wasted although it can be countered. A defensive SB cannot be countered, but the heal can be wasted on players who do not need it (or used to counter an offensive SB) and the blocker only helps the players who are attacked.

I generally feel offensive SB's are more useful most of the time, but defensive SB's being used in an offensive manner are certainly effective as well. What would probably happen with my suggestion is everyone using the clan atrox SB and the omni soli SB.

I'm not twisting facts at all. An AoE root in mass PvP is much more effective then special blockers, simply because usually docs are pre-targeted and with 30 people using AS/FA and every other special attack in the book on them, they have no chance. While omni doctors can safely stay behind their zerg and heal, giving them a huge advantage.
    I don't really care if you find this true or not, but if you've ever played a clan doctor at tl7 wars, you'd know what I'm talking about.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

doesnt the clan nm sb give 30s area immunity to sb root and every other root/snare? lets take tara for example... 1 nm claner use his sb either when they are in box and see omnis rushing or right before they rush box themselfs and 4-5+ omni root sbs are wasted like you mentioned. and all the roots/snares in that 30s too.
    bump for the suggestion