I've been working on a new item site for almost a year. I've been focusing primarily on displaying items and nanos correctly, and I think this part of the site is good enough for public consumption right now. The website is still a work in progress, but it's improving every day.
For the impatient, the website url is: https://aoitems.com/ (and https://tl.aoitems.com/ for TestLive)
A lot of work went into displaying stuff in a sensible manner, and I've picked some examples for you to look at, if you'd be interested. Nano:Malpractice Weapon:Kyr'Ozch Pistol - Type 4 (ql 161) Armor:Anything Perk Actions: Mongo Rage
I've tried to put nano programs into logical groups to make it easier to find what you're looking for, and to see what stacks and what doesn't. The top box of the page will eventually provide a quick navigator to the various groups of nano programs on the page. Some nano listings are missing still, but the ones which are available should be complete. If you happen to notice a nano program is missing from one of the available nano listings, please let me know!
The current search implementation is very minimalistic. You can search by item name, description, and whether the item is nodrop, unique or special. Name/Description supports fulltext search. For example, searching for 'perennium -bolts' (without quotation marks) would display all matches except those having 'bolts' in their name. If you put quotation marks around some text, that exact text has to exist in the name (or description).
There's also a quick-search bar at the top of the page at all times, which you'll just have to try for yourself.
This is a complete listing of the patch history, as far as I know it. I know there are some missing patches from the older days, but this is because I was unable to obtain these patches, and therefore had to skip them. The "patch info -> Date" column describes when the patch was assembled at Funcoms offices; This is usually some time before the specific patch hits testlive.
This is a tool for browsing the available perks, perk actions, research, and LE procs. You can click on the perk line buttons, or perk actions, to see more information about those.
You can get the general overview (things which are available to everyone) in the menu to the left of the page, or the per-profession overview by visiting the respective professions nano listings, then clicking "Perks" in the top box, under "Related tools".
Shadowbreeds tool displays a complete overview of all shadowbreeds, grouped by side and breed.
I am also working on implementing item comments and a character planner tool. More details on this will follow at a later date.
I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback!
- Search Module:
- Fulltext search now removes stray hyphens (-) when not embedded in quotes.
- Fulltext search now supports words which are 2 letters or more. (alphanumeric only. FT keywords supported, other special characters treated as whitespace)
- Feature: Tables are now sortable by clicking on table headers. Shift+click to sort by multiple columns. Ctrl+click to remove sorting of a column.
- Feature: Added profession nano listings for
- Feature: Added general nano listing
- Fix: Table row height is now more consistent
- Fix: Most orphan nanos which were in a nano line are now properly sorted.
- Bug: Name column wasn't properly sized
- Bug: MP Evasion buffs weren't showing
- Added formatting of DrainHitSpell. (example)
- Added formatting of operator CheckNcu and IsInDuel. (example)
- Added proper display of MonsterShape stat. (example
- Fix: Removed more debug info from infosheet
- Fix: TimedEffectSpell now has more consistent formatting
- Bug: TauntNpcSpell would add an extra 's' to duration
- Now using more accurate playfield names.
- New Module: Perk Explorer lets you browse and inspect all available perks, perk actions, research, and research procs. Examples: General, Bureaucrat
- New Module: ToolModule. This module will contain various smaller tools, such as lists of items.
- Feature: Shadowbreed display (link).
- Feature: You may now easily navigate a perk or research line by using the new perk navigator. Example: Lay On Hands, Ergonomics
- Fix: CastByWidget no longer show monster- and trash items.
- Fix: CastByWidget no longer shows the currently displayed nanoprogram if it casts itself. (LE procs do this)
- Fix: Stat criteria now waste less space, and don't overflow their columns.
- Bug: Some spells had inconsistent column widths
- Bug: Spell table 'ApplyOn' column was too small
- Bug: Some criteria didn't fit into their respective fields
- Bug: Some weapons didn't display the correct requirement for capping burst. Example: Customized IMI Desert Reet 1000
- SearchModule, QuickSearch
- Fix: Removed many unused duplicate perk actions from search results
- Bug: Fixed several bugs with string sanitazion, which should improve accuracy when searching by name.
- All professions now display available nanos, but not all of them are sorted. The menu to the left indicates which nano listings are sorted. (The ones which are not sorted are greyed out)
- The top box of all nano listings now contains a link to the relevant PerkExplorer page.
- The Orphan table now groups nano programs by nano line.
- Fix: Initial page is now cached for some time
- Fix: Store contents are cached for about 5 seconds
- Updated jquery-ui theme to better fit the overall site theme
- All links (except buttons) should now be black, underlined text.
- Performance: Now use Memcached instead of files for storing cacheable pages.
- Performance: Tweaked cache sizes.
- Fixed inconsistent display of Level/Lvl
- More consistent column widths and alignment
- Bureaucrat: Fixed formatting of nuke table
- Fix: Weapons and nanos now display less (useless) debug information in their InfoSheet, in an effort to prevent skewing the layout.
- Duration/Time should now always display seconds with two decimals.
- SpecialHitSpell now has proper formatting
- Bug: SystemTextSpell would skew layout if the text was long enough.
- Bug: Display of general items would sometimes have skewed layout when the item description wasn't long enough.
- Bug: Nanoprograms' info sheets position would be off by a few pixels horizontally in some cases
- Rearranged the order of widgets, so that the more useful widgets are on top
- AouWidget renamed to RelatedLinksWidget
- RelatedLinksWidget now supports data from the WebCrawler. This currently includes AOWiki, AOTradeskills, and AOVault. Examples: Carbonum Breastplate, Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol, Lock Pick
- RelatedLinksWidget now also looks for links related to a nano programs nano crystal
- Feature: Now displays NanoCrystal quality
- Fix: Table header formatting is now more consistent.
- Bug: Bureaucrat area reduction nanos didn't display correct skill requirements
- Feature: Item names in "store content" are now clickable, so you can easily inspect the items in your store.
- Bug: Profession listings would sometimes display the same profession twice
- Fix: Line spacing in store content is now more appropiate.
- Feature: Item links now only include quality level when relevant
- Feature: Item links no longer use an items hash when this is available. This is to improve compatibility with IRC relays.
- Bug: Items which referenced perks would not display at all. (introduced in previous update)
- Helpbot store (helpstore) now found a new home at AOItems.
- This also fixes a long-standing bug where items, such as symbiants, would not display the correct professions.
- New widget: AO-Universe! This widget displays links to guides where the currently viewed item appear. Example.
- Stats should now be described using the same names as AO use for describing them
- On-site item links would sometimes display the incorrect item name.
- Several stats (such as min/max damage) would not interpolate correctly
- Some items would have irregular Nanoschool (example) or other unexpected values which would sometimes skew the layout.
- Information from the MDB, such as nano line names, now display correctly.
- Nano listings
- Shade: Now displays Nanite Deprive proc line, and correctly separates stun/init procs.
- Creation weapons: Shields and 1HB have been corrected.
- No longer lists MA nemesis nano in 'orphan' table.
- History tool now works as expected. (fixed last friday)
- Quick search now works as expected. (fixed last friday)
- Verbose mode, items: Attribute list shouldn't get wedged between other elements any more.
- Several improvements to help search engines better index the site.