Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

Like i said, its there, it's just not as usable as how xyphos currently does it ie. Return all the items that match the requirement and its already categorized into armor slots, wep slots, etc. Auno works, just requires to redo searches with different slots each time to limit total results returned each time just so it can display all. And if you didn't know any better, you'd just assume that was the total list returned anyway, not a subset cut off at an arbitrary level

Usable in a pinch, but prefer the way it was implemented in xyphos, that's all
    RK2 - Pimpmyride 220 Engi!

Certainly in terms of how the search results are presented, Xyphos is the best template.

And as for Auno.org comments, for now I'd just provide a link as Xyphos does from each item to it's Auno equivalemt (given that some more recent item will create broken links).
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Hi, thanks for another great tool. Im just curious, in your post you offer looks at the site, one of them is for a AI pistol. When i click on that link im taken to the site. ON the lefthand side of the screen there is a heaing for NANOS and under that are listed professions. Why are some of them greyed out and some are appear active? Dont understand that at all. Please advise? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pinknpinker View Post
    Hi, thanks for another great tool. Im just curious, in your post you offer looks at the site, one of them is for a AI pistol. When i click on that link im taken to the site. ON the lefthand side of the screen there is a heaing for NANOS and under that are listed professions. Why are some of them greyed out and some are appear active? Dont understand that at all. Please advise? Thanks
    Thank you.

The site is still a work in progress, so not all nano listings are done yet. The ones which are missing are greyed out in the menu to the left.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Thank you.

The site is still a work in progress, so not all nano listings are done yet. The ones which are missing are greyed out in the menu to the left.
    Thanks for the reply Understood.

Cheers

Updated database to patch 18.6.8, and pushed several new features and fixes to aoitems.
    • New Module: Perk Explorer lets you browse and inspect all available perks, perk actions, research, and research procs. Examples: General, Bureaucrat
    • New Module: ToolModule. This module will contain various smaller tools, such as lists of items.
      • Feature: Shadowbreed display (link).
    • ItemModule
      • Feature: You may now easily navigate a perk or research line by using the new perk navigator. Example: Lay On Hands, Ergonomics
      • Fix: CastByWidget no longer show monster- and trash items.
      • Fix: CastByWidget no longer shows the currently displayed nanoprogram if it casts itself. (LE procs do this)
      • Fix: Stat criteria now waste less space, and don't overflow their columns.
      • Bug: Some spells had inconsistent column widths
      • Bug: Spell table 'ApplyOn' column was too small
      • Bug: Some criteria didn't fit into their respective fields
      • Bug: Some weapons didn't display the correct requirement for capping burst. Example: Customized IMI Desert Reet 1000
    • SearchModule, QuickSearch
      • Fix: Removed many unused duplicate perk actions from search results
      • Bug: Fixed several bugs with string sanitazion, which should improve accuracy when searching by name.
    • NanoModule
      • All professions now display available nanos, but not all of them are sorted. The menu to the left indicates which nano listings are sorted. (The ones which are not sorted are greyed out)
      • The top box of all nano listings now contains a link to the relevant PerkExplorer page.
      • The Orphan table now groups nano programs by nano line.
    • HelpStoreModule
      • Fix: Initial page is now cached for some time
      • Fix: Store contents are cached for about 5 seconds
    • Theme
      • Updated jquery-ui theme to better fit the overall site theme
      • All links (except buttons) should now be black, underlined text.
    • Backend
      • Performance: Now use Memcached instead of files for storing cacheable pages.
      • Performance: Tweaked cache sizes.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

best version ever!
    I prefer this look and feel to xyphos any day.

Love the new perk explorer very easy to see what's going on at a glance.

thanks demo
    this is now my official itemsdb lookup tool as it is 100% usable now
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Quote Originally Posted by cybertron View Post
    Return all the items that match the requirement
    This is actually the only thing I use any DB site for, wtb this in AOItems too, because site is looking really nice!
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Thanks for the great work Demoder, I didn't think something automated could replace auno's comments, but your links to outside guides has certainly done so, ingenious!

I have a feature request for you:

Comparing items... How about a temporary solution that requires little frontend work along the lines of a new box (like the Debug box), titled Compare with three buttons: Add/Remove to List, Copy to Clipboard and Clear List (like the Raw Data and Verbose buttons), and possibly each added item listed in that box.

Upon clicking on Copy to Clipboard you'd get a tab separated string displayed that you can copy (or is directly copied to clipboard).

Example:
    After adding these two:
    https://aoitems.com/item/282120/
    https://aoitems.com/item/264503/225/
    You get the string:
    Code:
    Name	Hood of the Goddess	Ofab Bureaucrat Headgear
    Slots	Head (Armor)	Head (Armor)
    Properties	Special	
    QL	150	225
    R. Expansions	SL	LE
    R. Agility	500	
    R. Sense	500	
    R. Psychic		642
    R. Intelligence		784
    Melee/ma AC	700	945
    Imp/Proj AC	700	945
    Energy AC	700	945
    Fire AC	700	945
    Cold AC	700	945
    Radiation AC	700	945
    Chemical AC	700	945
    Disease AC	700	945
    Intelligence		14
    AAD		19
    %Nano Cost		-3%
    Psycho Modi		19
    Max Health	125	199
    Max Nano	125	
    Physic. Init.	10	
    Ranged. Init.	10	
    Melee. Init.	10	
    NanoC. Init.	10	
    Nano Resist	10	
    Evade-ClsC	15	
    Dodge-Rng	15	
    Duck-Exp	15	
    Add. Poison Dam.	10	
    Add. Fire Dam.	10	
    Add. Cold Dam.	10	
    Add. Rad. Dam	10	
    Add. Chem. Dam.	10	
    Add. Energy Dam.	10	
    Add. Melee Dam.	10	
    Add. Proj. Dam.	10
    Which can easily be copy pasted into Excel (or equivalent) for proper display.

I'm sure you'll come up with better sorting, and possibly better column names.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbane View Post
    In terms of things to add, I guess a more sophisticated search system would be my #1. Auno's was always good (I only used mainframe for weapon searches as it could search on damage too), and I think Xyphos had more or less copied Auno.
    Auno doesn't support partial searches (i.e. tying "enh dust" and gettng DB armors in return) but Xyphos does. Even budabot and bebot support this. This functionality would also be my #1.

Amazing work, btw. Can't thank you enough for all this effort!
    Trypha - 220/30/70 Engineer - General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypothecary - 220/30/69 Doctor
    Trypocalypse - 220/30/70 Soldier
    Tryptophy - 220 Crat

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxia View Post
    Thanks for the great work Demoder, I didn't think something automated could replace auno's comments, but your links to outside guides has certainly done so, ingenious!

I have a feature request for you:

Comparing items... How about a temporary solution that requires little frontend work along the lines of a new box (like the Debug box), titled Compare with three buttons: Add/Remove to List, Copy to Clipboard and Clear List (like the Raw Data and Verbose buttons), and possibly each added item listed in that box.

Upon clicking on Copy to Clipboard you'd get a tab separated string displayed that you can copy (or is directly copied to clipboard).

Example:
    After adding these two:
    https://aoitems.com/item/282120/
    https://aoitems.com/item/264503/225/
    You get the string:
    Code:
    Name	Hood of the Goddess	Ofab Bureaucrat Headgear
    Slots	Head (Armor)	Head (Armor)
    Properties	Special	
    QL	150	225
    R. Expansions	SL	LE
    R. Agility	500	
    R. Sense	500	
    R. Psychic		642
    R. Intelligence		784
    Melee/ma AC	700	945
    Imp/Proj AC	700	945
    Energy AC	700	945
    Fire AC	700	945
    Cold AC	700	945
    Radiation AC	700	945
    Chemical AC	700	945
    Disease AC	700	945
    Intelligence		14
    AAD		19
    %Nano Cost		-3%
    Psycho Modi		19
    Max Health	125	199
    Max Nano	125	
    Physic. Init.	10	
    Ranged. Init.	10	
    Melee. Init.	10	
    NanoC. Init.	10	
    Nano Resist	10	
    Evade-ClsC	15	
    Dodge-Rng	15	
    Duck-Exp	15	
    Add. Poison Dam.	10	
    Add. Fire Dam.	10	
    Add. Cold Dam.	10	
    Add. Rad. Dam	10	
    Add. Chem. Dam.	10	
    Add. Energy Dam.	10	
    Add. Melee Dam.	10	
    Add. Proj. Dam.	10
    Which can easily be copy pasted into Excel (or equivalent) for proper display.

I'm sure you'll come up with better sorting, and possibly better column names.
    This is on the wish-list, but will have to wait until more pressing features are in place. It'll take a lot of effort (read: time) to implement something like this properly, as there's ridiculously many corner cases which won't be as straight forward as symbiants and some armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Trypha View Post
    Auno doesn't support partial searches (i.e. tying "enh dust" and gettng DB armors in return) but Xyphos does. Even budabot and bebot support this. This functionality would also be my #1.

Amazing work, btw. Can't thank you enough for all this effort!
    IIRC, bebot uses the CIDB, which supports partial searches as you describe. AOItems supports full-text and partial search in the quick-search field, as well as for auto-completion in the "advanced" serach right now. However, when the new search implementation becomes available, the advanced search will support both as well.

Another big update hits aoitems! Many new nano listings (only missing NT now!) and other awesome goodies, and the database was updated to 18.6.9.

2013-10-11
    • NanoModule
      • Feature: Tables are now sortable by clicking on table headers. Shift+click to sort by multiple columns. Ctrl+click to remove sorting of a column.
      • Feature: Added profession nano listings for
      • Feature: Added general nano listing
      • Fix: Table row height is now more consistent
      • Fix: Most orphan nanos which were in a nano line are now properly sorted.
      • Bug: Name column wasn't properly sized
      • Bug: MP Evasion buffs weren't showing
    • ItemModule
      • Added formatting of DrainHitSpell. (example)
      • Added formatting of operator CheckNcu and IsInDuel. (example)
      • Added proper display of MonsterShape stat. (example)
      • Fix: Removed more debug info from infosheet
      • Fix: TimedEffectSpell now has more consistent formatting
      • Bug: TauntNpcSpell would add an extra 's' to duration
    • General
      • Now using more accurate playfield names.
    Last edited by Demoder; Oct 11th, 2013 at 13:25:39.

When I search for "Abilities NCU - Type 3F (6/6)" (exact), it doesn't pull up any results. Assuming it has something to do with some of the characters in the item name.

Looks like a limitation of the current search function.
    Your search is being shortened to the keywords "abilities ncu -type". Which means look for items with the works "abilities" and "ncu", but not "type", in its name. Which of course returns no results.
    It doesn't appear to support putting text in quotes for exact match.

We can only hope Demoder will improve this in time
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Almost correct.
    The search term "Abilities NCU - Type 3F (6/6)" gets shortened to "abilities ncu type" (note that the hyphen is dropped, because there's a space between it and the next word).
    If you drop the quoation marks, there's no results. This seems to be an interesting bug, or bad feature. I'll have to figure out which it is and fix it either way. ^^

The upcoming search feature will detect whether it can perform a fulltext search or not, and should hopefully be better at handling searches for exact matches.

Thanks for the report!
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 2nd, 2013 at 14:03:29.

Without quotes it gets shortened to "abilities ncu -type"...
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawerick View Post
    Without quotes it gets shortened to "abilities ncu -type"...
    Indeed! I wonder what I did to miss that when checking this yesterday.

Wish I had something 'smart' and technical to add to the discussion about AOItems, but I don't

I can say that I love the shadowbreed listing, the Perk Planner area is amazing and I love the way the nano listing works (including the ability to sort each sub-area the way you like).

Nice job so far.. really professionally done.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I do wish Auno would update his site. Thank you for your attempt though Demoder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    I do wish Auno would update his site. Thank you for your attempt though Demoder.
    YEAH for troll!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast