Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

Hey!
    I've been working on a new item site for almost a year. I've been focusing primarily on displaying items and nanos correctly, and I think this part of the site is good enough for public consumption right now. The website is still a work in progress, but it's improving every day.

For the impatient, the website url is: https://aoitems.com/ (and https://tl.aoitems.com/ for TestLive)

Item/Nano Display
    A lot of work went into displaying stuff in a sensible manner, and I've picked some examples for you to look at, if you'd be interested. Nano:Malpractice Weapon:Kyr'Ozch Pistol - Type 4 (ql 161) Armor:Anything Perk Actions: Mongo Rage

Nano listings
    I've tried to put nano programs into logical groups to make it easier to find what you're looking for, and to see what stacks and what doesn't. The top box of the page will eventually provide a quick navigator to the various groups of nano programs on the page. Some nano listings are missing still, but the ones which are available should be complete. If you happen to notice a nano program is missing from one of the available nano listings, please let me know!

Search
    The current search implementation is very minimalistic. You can search by item name, description, and whether the item is nodrop, unique or special. Name/Description supports fulltext search. For example, searching for 'perennium -bolts' (without quotation marks) would display all matches except those having 'bolts' in their name. If you put quotation marks around some text, that exact text has to exist in the name (or description).
    There's also a quick-search bar at the top of the page at all times, which you'll just have to try for yourself.

History
    This is a complete listing of the patch history, as far as I know it. I know there are some missing patches from the older days, but this is because I was unable to obtain these patches, and therefore had to skip them. The "patch info -> Date" column describes when the patch was assembled at Funcoms offices; This is usually some time before the specific patch hits testlive.

Perk Explorer
    This is a tool for browsing the available perks, perk actions, research, and LE procs. You can click on the perk line buttons, or perk actions, to see more information about those.
    You can get the general overview (things which are available to everyone) in the menu to the left of the page, or the per-profession overview by visiting the respective professions nano listings, then clicking "Perks" in the top box, under "Related tools".

Other tools
    Shadowbreeds tool displays a complete overview of all shadowbreeds, grouped by side and breed.

Pipeline..
    I am also working on implementing item comments and a character planner tool. More details on this will follow at a later date.

I'm looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Changelog
    2013-11-04
    • Search Module:
      • Fulltext search now removes stray hyphens (-) when not embedded in quotes.
      • Fulltext search now supports words which are 2 letters or more. (alphanumeric only. FT keywords supported, other special characters treated as whitespace)

2013-10-11
    • NanoModule
      • Feature: Tables are now sortable by clicking on table headers. Shift+click to sort by multiple columns. Ctrl+click to remove sorting of a column.
      • Feature: Added profession nano listings for
      • Feature: Added general nano listing
      • Fix: Table row height is now more consistent
      • Fix: Most orphan nanos which were in a nano line are now properly sorted.
      • Bug: Name column wasn't properly sized
      • Bug: MP Evasion buffs weren't showing
    • ItemModule
      • Added formatting of DrainHitSpell. (example)
      • Added formatting of operator CheckNcu and IsInDuel. (example)
      • Added proper display of MonsterShape stat. (example
      • Fix: Removed more debug info from infosheet
      • Fix: TimedEffectSpell now has more consistent formatting
      • Bug: TauntNpcSpell would add an extra 's' to duration
    • General
      • Now using more accurate playfield names.

2013-09-30
    • New Module: Perk Explorer lets you browse and inspect all available perks, perk actions, research, and research procs. Examples: General, Bureaucrat
    • New Module: ToolModule. This module will contain various smaller tools, such as lists of items.
      • Feature: Shadowbreed display (link).
    • ItemModule
      • Feature: You may now easily navigate a perk or research line by using the new perk navigator. Example: Lay On Hands, Ergonomics
      • Fix: CastByWidget no longer show monster- and trash items.
      • Fix: CastByWidget no longer shows the currently displayed nanoprogram if it casts itself. (LE procs do this)
      • Fix: Stat criteria now waste less space, and don't overflow their columns.
      • Bug: Some spells had inconsistent column widths
      • Bug: Spell table 'ApplyOn' column was too small
      • Bug: Some criteria didn't fit into their respective fields
      • Bug: Some weapons didn't display the correct requirement for capping burst. Example: Customized IMI Desert Reet 1000
    • SearchModule, QuickSearch
      • Fix: Removed many unused duplicate perk actions from search results
      • Bug: Fixed several bugs with string sanitazion, which should improve accuracy when searching by name.
    • NanoModule
      • All professions now display available nanos, but not all of them are sorted. The menu to the left indicates which nano listings are sorted. (The ones which are not sorted are greyed out)
      • The top box of all nano listings now contains a link to the relevant PerkExplorer page.
      • The Orphan table now groups nano programs by nano line.
    • HelpStoreModule
      • Fix: Initial page is now cached for some time
      • Fix: Store contents are cached for about 5 seconds
    • Theme
      • Updated jquery-ui theme to better fit the overall site theme
      • All links (except buttons) should now be black, underlined text.
    • Backend
      • Performance: Now use Memcached instead of files for storing cacheable pages.
      • Performance: Tweaked cache sizes.

2013-09-13
    • NanoModule
      • Fixed inconsistent display of Level/Lvl
      • More consistent column widths and alignment
      • Bureaucrat: Fixed formatting of nuke table
    • ItemModule
      • Fix: Weapons and nanos now display less (useless) debug information in their InfoSheet, in an effort to prevent skewing the layout.
      • Duration/Time should now always display seconds with two decimals.
      • Spells
        • SpecialHitSpell now has proper formatting
        • Bug: SystemTextSpell would skew layout if the text was long enough.
      • Bug: Display of general items would sometimes have skewed layout when the item description wasn't long enough.
      • Bug: Nanoprograms' info sheets position would be off by a few pixels horizontally in some cases
    • Widgets
      • Rearranged the order of widgets, so that the more useful widgets are on top
      • AouWidget renamed to RelatedLinksWidget
      • RelatedLinksWidget now supports data from the WebCrawler. This currently includes AOWiki, AOTradeskills, and AOVault. Examples: Carbonum Breastplate, Solar-Powered Master Engineer Pistol, Lock Pick
      • RelatedLinksWidget now also looks for links related to a nano programs nano crystal

2013-09-09
    • NanoModule
      • Feature: Now displays NanoCrystal quality
      • Fix: Table header formatting is now more consistent.
      • Bug: Bureaucrat area reduction nanos didn't display correct skill requirements

• HelpStore
      • Feature: Item names in "store content" are now clickable, so you can easily inspect the items in your store.
      • Bug: Profession listings would sometimes display the same profession twice
      • Fix: Line spacing in store content is now more appropiate.
    • Other
      • Feature: Item links now only include quality level when relevant
      • Feature: Item links no longer use an items hash when this is available. This is to improve compatibility with IRC relays.
      • Bug: Items which referenced perks would not display at all. (introduced in previous update)

2013-09-04
    • Helpbot store (helpstore) now found a new home at AOItems.
      • This also fixes a long-standing bug where items, such as symbiants, would not display the correct professions.
    • New widget: AO-Universe! This widget displays links to guides where the currently viewed item appear. Example.
    • Stats should now be described using the same names as AO use for describing them
    • Bugfixes:
      • On-site item links would sometimes display the incorrect item name.
      • Several stats (such as min/max damage) would not interpolate correctly
      • Some items would have irregular Nanoschool (example) or other unexpected values which would sometimes skew the layout.

2013-08-25
    • Information from the MDB, such as nano line names, now display correctly.
    • Nano listings

• Shade: Now displays Nanite Deprive proc line, and correctly separates stun/init procs.
      • Meta-Physicist:
        • Creation weapons: Shields and 1HB have been corrected.
        • No longer lists MA nemesis nano in 'orphan' table.
    • History tool now works as expected. (fixed last friday)
    • Quick search now works as expected. (fixed last friday)
    • Verbose mode, items: Attribute list shouldn't get wedged between other elements any more.
    • Several improvements to help search engines better index the site.
    Last edited by Demoder; Aug 7th, 2014 at 19:23:22.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Yay!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

2nd :-P

Congrats on another GREAT tool, and I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU on behalf of the entire AO community for all your great work so far in so many areas.

Keep up the great work Demo and thanks again!
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Demoder ftfw!
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Yay!

Really impressive at first look!
    Last edited by Mekh; Aug 21st, 2013 at 14:00:03.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Looking pretty good so far.
    Keep up the good work

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Might as well come up with a feature request already while I'm looking at it...

A feature that can be used to compare two (or more) items against eachother.

To visualize it I have made a spreadsheet saved in single-file HTML format and then zipped it here on dropbox.

The list is sorted alphabetically with superior and/or unique modifiers marked with green.

When I click the links to the professions nano listing this text is at the top of every single one:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Integer nec odio. Praesent libero. Sed cursus ante dapibus diam. Sed nisi. Nulla quis sem at nibh elementum imperdiet. Duis sagittis ipsum. Praesent mauris. Fusce nec tellus sed augue semper porta. Mauris massa. Vestibulum lacinia arcu eget nulla. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Curabitur sodales ligula in libero. Sed dignissim lacinia nunc.

Curabitur tortor. Pellentesque nibh. Aenean quam. In scelerisque sem at dolor. Maecenas mattis. Sed convallis tristique sem. Proin ut ligula vel nunc egestas porttitor. Morbi lectus risus, iaculis vel, suscipit quis, luctus non, massa. Fusce ac turpis quis ligula lacinia aliquet. Mauris ipsum. Nulla metus metus, ullamcorper vel, tincidunt sed, euismod in, nibh. Quisque volutpat condimentum velit. Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora torquent per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos. Nam nec ante.

I dont know whats going on with that.

Also, some of the profession nano listings dont work and bring up just a white screen (like agent and adv), while some of the profession nano listings aren't "whited" out some are and still bring up the nano listings like the fixer one, that one is whited out but still brings up the listing, but adv and agent are whited out and do not. I realize your site is still under construction but letting you know, I use firefox.

I would like to see a comment section to be able to comment on items. One thing I like about auno is that it is old and that over time players have discussed items, where to find them, make them, if they are in game etc, but all that came with age. And while I doubt players would do the same thing with your site (since I didn't see much commenting on xyphos) it is still a good feature to have. I think a way to improve on that idea though is perhaps make a section where it brings up a listing of items that have been commented on so players can discuss the item and answer any questions and share knowledge.

awesome work there, thanks for putting so much time in it

Actually I started to make a site by myself because I never really liked that modded phpBB of xyphos. Now I can just use yours
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Advisor of Vox Populi

Nice work
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Beautiful! Good work. =]
    +9999.99
    Deviance: Nanomage = Nanotechnician (Main)
    Hypoxia: Atrox = Enforcer (ToTW Twink (in the making))
    Devinma: Opifex = Martial Artist (PvE)
    Lament: Solitus = Nanotechnician (PvP/Kiting)
    Devfix7: Opifex = Fixer (Blitzer?)
    Malignity: Nanomage = Engineer (Tradskiller (in the making))
    Devincrat7: Nanomage = Bureaucrat (EG PvE (in the making))
    Appetence: Solitus = Adventurer (Pure PvP (in the making))

-=Looking for people who like to adventure and PvE, send me tells!=-

thumbs up, just found new items!
    do you put items one by one?
    how you get your Database?
    just wow really,

Quote Originally Posted by algoreith View Post
    how you get your Database?
    You export the database that comes with Anarchy Online itself.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Even without polish or being finished this looks really nice, can't wait to see the finished product!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

It looks really, really good!
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Are your nanos auto-sorted? For MPs, Curse of Chronos should be under Combat, the Construct Empowerments and Touch of Poison should be under pets, Quantum Wings should be under buffs, Nano Division under debuffs. Induce Stupor isn't an MP nano, it's an MA nano that's usable on only MPs. I don't think Sacrifice Combat Pet is ingame.

Great work! Thumbs up!

EDIT: Actually had another look at it, and its really nifty! ^^ GJ
    Last edited by Xandathrii; Aug 22nd, 2013 at 02:53:12.
    Opsund 220/30 Ma
    Xandathrii 220/30 Enf
    Vekten 220/30 Doc

Lifdrasil 100/10 Eng

Retired General of Ascension, enjoying my elder days and the end of AO in The Asylum.(Currently of-world , but comming back soon(TM)
    Stop the inflation and madness, support my Tier 4 crusade

Just some random comments/feedback...

I like how you have the AO icon set as the favicon on every page, don't think I've seen that done before.

On the "Anything" page, for example (and other items), I think it could be visually cleaned up a bit by removing the "User" and "Modify" text, since it is all very redundant, and shrinking the column size to autofit the contents, so there isn't such a large horizontal gap to match up the stat name with the stat value.

I'm assuming the "User" text there is to specify that it's a passive stat (and not some on-use effect for example), but I think it would be best to just assume that's the default kind of stat, and only list the stat effect if it's not a normal passive stat.

I like the static search box at the top, that stays in place while scrolling. Just being nitpicky here, but from a design perspective, I would shrink that into a better fitting rectangular box, with only slightly rounded edges.

I see that the search page is still very basic. It would be nice that if default search results excluded items that aren't actually available in-game. This would require them to be individually flagged I assume, but I'm sure you could find some volunteers.

One thing that I would really like to see on every item page, is a place to officially declare the source and purpose of the item. E.g., Crystalline Disk would have source as from alien generals, and purpose as 'for crafting sureshot glasses', just as an example. Again, this would require a lot of volunteer work, but I'm sure you could find people happy to help (including myself). Another box for "related tradeskill processes" may be appropriate as well.

For your search algorithm, I would like to see partial word matching if possible, so searching for "cryst disk" would pull up the item, like it does on the ingame market.

For the nano listing page, maybe a check box to toggle the display of which nanos are FP'able or not. Sort of an eye sore for half of the text to be FP-related, if you're not concerned with it. Or at least shrink/dim the font.

I'm sure I'll think of more suggestions in the future, but great job so far.

Oh, also, it would be pretty amazing if you could import all of the Auno database comments. I'm not sure if he would be supportive of that or not, but given the extended history of that site, the item/page comments contain the vast majority of the information that people actually go there to look for.
    Last edited by Veev; Aug 22nd, 2013 at 03:10:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    /snip
    Oh, also, it would be pretty amazing if you could import all of the Auno database comments. I'm not sure if he would be supportive of that or not, but given the extended history of that site, the item/page comments contain the vast majority of the information that people actually go there to look for.
    Agreed. Those are quite the resource in themselves.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Veev View Post
    Agree 100%... Those comments are invaluable.

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast