Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

Sent to Demoder on Twitter, was now looking into the issue.

Please "Xzeep" It - Atrox Fixer - 220/30
    Dictator of Small Hands of Trump

Please "Halpme" - Nanomage Enforcer - 220/30
    "Tolerable" - Nanomage Adv - 220/30

So... Today, I learned: Enabling caching for Smarty templates which use the {include} directive means you're gonna have a bad time. The strangest thing is it didn't have this bug on the test site, and it didn't have this bug the first few minutes after pushing to live, which was when I tested it on live. I'll definitely have to figure out what's up with that.

It should be fixed now though, and nano listings should hopefully be a bit faster than they were before.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Nicely done! Any chance you could add a sorting feature for the results list, e.g. allowing us to sort by QL?

Or allow to specify a QL range for the search in general?
    I will eventually. The problem with searching for QL is that it will only match 'member templates' of that QL. For example, searching for Combined Commando's between ql 200 and 230 will yield no results, as the templates of those items are only ql 1 and 300. But the item DOES exist at those QLs, because of interpolation between those two templates.

I'll see if I can make it yield "correct" results, and if not, will implement it anyway, but with aforementioned bugs.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Search: Fixed some minor bugs, and filtered the Stats selector. Example: If you chose to add a filter for Attack Skill, only stats which are used as attack skills will be shown in the dropdown.

Heya,

https://aoitems.com results in 500 Internal Server Error for the past minutes.
    Burrstin | Laug | Snorkel | Spores
    Hellcom Super Admin
    Keeping Admins and Leaders in check since.. forever.

Thanks for the heads-up. It should be fixed now.

Can you make the filters for breed, gender, profession and faction so, that they also include "All"? Or at least make a checkbox for that? With such a change it would be perfect
    Last edited by sha1ra; Jun 1st, 2015 at 01:52:57.

Yes, I'd like be able to search by seeing all the items my breed/profession/side can use.

The search interface would need to be re-done somewhat though.

If I want to find all neck items that can be used by neutral characters, I can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by sha1ra View Post
    Can you make the filters for breed, gender, profession and faction so, that they also include "All"? Or at least make a checkbox for that? With such a change it would be perfect
    If this is the same request, then I support it.

- - -
    Request #2

The titles in related links are often too long to be legible in the box on certain resolutions. Could you also add the title of the article in the title attribute so I can see it on hover?

Or remove that 40 pixel left indent on the list. It doesn't need to be there when there are no bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    If this is the same request, then I support it.
    It is... because basically you want to have items that ALL can wear and that ONLY NEUTRALS can wear... so the logic would be to have the NEUTRAL filter include ALL by default and maybe have a checkbox to make those filterboxes exclusive.

Beside of that i like the design and that it's the current database as well

Yeah I have to admit I still revert to auno when doing item type searches to see what (e.g.) a female omni opifex engineer can wear in neck slot that buffs psy. Being able to do that just as neatly with AOItems would be ideal.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

The most recent AOItems downtime (May 31st, as reported by Burrstin) was caused by the automated upgrade of installed packages. This routine is usually trouble-free, and it wouldn't have been a problem at that time either, had it not been for a bug with the underlying package system. It was easily corrected once I was made aware the site was down and had time to fix it (read: once i was not sleeping)

When PHP was upgraded, pecl-memcached was not. This made pecl-memcached complain about missing symbols and whatnot, and this caused the 'internal server error' page you all saw.

Although Poudriere (package build server) properly rebuilt pecl-memcached together with PHP, pkg (package management thingy, kinda like apt) didn't upgrade pecl-memcached. After having a talk with the poudriere and pkg maintainers on IRC, I was informed the PHP and PECL ports (ports are what packages are built from) don't properly define dependencies, so pkg didn't know to upgrade pecl-memcached when php got a minor update. (related issue report)

So... I guess I should look into fixing that and submitting a patch. But for now, the automated upgrade is disabled, so that I am present to fix any surfacing errors when an upgrade is manually run.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 4th, 2015 at 10:00:47.

AOItems is currently unavailable due to isp maintenance

Edit: it's back up now :
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 9th, 2015 at 01:21:11.

Thank you!
    I really like the search function and the look of the profession nanolist.

It would be perfect if I search for an item with mc or int to see how much skill the armor or weapon has.

Greetings
    Angler - Level 220/30 Adventurer - RK 3-> RK 1 -> RK - PVP Equip - DMG Equip

AOItems updated with patch 18.7.4, and now has a new landing page which summarizes recent changes!

Quote Originally Posted by Angler View Post
    Thank you!
    I really like the search function and the look of the profession nanolist.

It would be perfect if I search for an item with mc or int to see how much skill the armor or weapon has.

Greetings
    It's on my wishlist as well! I won't have time to work on that for a while though, as I'm currently working on higher-priority features. You might agree when you realize what they are.

Json and/or xml access to the items!?
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

Quote Originally Posted by Novagen View Post
    Json and/or xml access to the items!?
    That's on my wishlist.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Can we get the "search from address bar" feature please? It is the best feature.

Thank you so much for your amazing work with AOItems.com. The service is truly invaluable

I frequently use the nano-listing-per-profession feature, and I have a small request regarding those lists. Would it be feasible to add a rightmost column, displaying which patch number is currently affecting the nano? Basically your PatchWidget, in the detailed item view, but only showing the most recent "modified by".
    Izgimmy
    [220/30/80 Nano Technician]
    Dellingr
    [220/30/72 Engineer]
    Avalinn
    [220/30/80 Doctor]

Plus many more...
    Tiralinn
    [220/30/78 Bureaucrat]

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    Can we get the "search from address bar" feature please? It is the best feature.
    AOItems did this before the new layout... I must have forgotten to include the meta tag for it in the new smarty template. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Izgimmy View Post
    Thank you so much for your amazing work with AOItems.com. The service is truly invaluable

I frequently use the nano-listing-per-profession feature, and I have a small request regarding those lists. Would it be feasible to add a rightmost column, displaying which patch number is currently affecting the nano? Basically your PatchWidget, in the detailed item view, but only showing the most recent "modified by".
    I don't think I'll have that shown by default as it's already at "information overflow" levels, but I'll consider implementing something which allows the user to request extra info to be shown for them.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast