Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

Hiya!

I seem to be unable to enter aoitems lately. I'm getting some "ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH" error, on either of my webbrowser on the PC. However it is working from my mobile devices. Any clue whats up?

thanks!

You might be using an old browser which does not support modern SSL standards. Which OS and browsers are you using?
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

xp

and probably quite old chrome/explorer too. I'll just try get the later versions if that works!

Try that and let me know how it goes.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Alright, so apperently I can't get either Chrome or Explorer updated to a version that works (on XP) but firefox does. So I guess my new browser will be firefox

It might be your anti virus software that interfere too.
    Many of them have some integrated Internet security features.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

Lliers (and others): What data do you need AOItems public API to provide, specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Lliers (and others): What data do you need AOItems public API to provide, specifically?
    I'd like to get XML (and sounds like Novagen would like JSON as well) result when I specify an an AO item ID to CIDB that returns all (or as many as possible) the attributes of the item so that my bot plug-ins can look up values of items.

Oh, I guess this is a CIDB feature and not an AOItems feature...
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

I want as much data of an item as possible based on ID and ql.
    Preferably in json
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

AOItems has been updated with a large internal code change, many bug fixes, and some new features that may be of interest. This update lays the first groundwork for making it possible to implement AOItems Open API. More information can be found at https://aoitems.com/

Internal server error at this page: https://aoitems.com/item/164500/sola...chanic-pistol/
    Is the item no longer in the database?

Thanks for the report. There are quite a few bugs to fix from the large code restructure still and this seems to be one of them.

Edit: Many, many, MANY bugfixes applied yesterday evening and just now.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 18th, 2015 at 08:41:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    I'd like to get XML (and sounds like Novagen would like JSON as well) result when I specify an an AO item ID to CIDB that returns all (or as many as possible) the attributes of the item so that my bot plug-ins can look up values of items.

Oh, I guess this is a CIDB feature and not an AOItems feature...
    CIDB won't be gaining any new features, as when AOItems API becomes available, CIDB will be legacy. CIDB will continue to live with its current feature set, and will be using the AOItems dataset to do its thing.

AOItems API will be json(p) only. XML is too much trouble to implement with the tech that's being used. (Replacing said tech is too momentous a task to do)

Quote Originally Posted by Novagen View Post
    I want as much data of an item as possible based on ID and ql.
    Preferably in json
    I don't think the API will be able to provide full item information, but I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    CIDB won't be gaining any new features, as when AOItems API becomes available, CIDB will be legacy. CIDB will continue to live with its current feature set, and will be using the AOItems dataset to do its thing.

AOItems API will be json(p) only. XML is too much trouble to implement with the tech that's being used. (Replacing said tech is too momentous a task to do)

I don't think the API will be able to provide full item information, but I'll see what I can do.
    I think I should be able to deserialize JSON just as easily as XML. Just the existing VhaBot code works with XML, but it'll be an opportunity to learn new things.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

hey Demo...yeah YOU. thanks man. you know, for the stuff you do for AO. thanks.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Can you switch these locations of the text fields under Nano Listings: Time & Space / Matter Creations

The form doesn't match the layout in the game.

Also, can you make the search suggestion box appear above a scrolled nano listing instead of behind? That z-index: 1001 is perhaps just too much!

Edit:

Weapon damage type isn't listed.
    Last edited by Psithief; Jun 22nd, 2015 at 13:39:53. Reason: new issue

I really like the way item-search is taking form! Are you planning to make it kinda like the one on auno; when you search for instance for all armor items buffing sense, it will list them with the part adding most sense (and how much in it's own column) and downwards(maybe the right word is ascending, my english isn't that good) ?
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Demoder, would it be possible for you to incorporate a feature like Auno's "Check Against My Nanos" function that lets you upload a character's Prefs.xml and then tells you exactly which nanos you're missing?

Obviously, Auno is dormant and hasn't been updated in several patches, so it would be nice for a regularly-updated website to have this feature so we can compare our nanos to the current database.

Another bug

Adding "Criteria" "Expansions" "not Present" doesn't exclude any item that requires an expansion.
    Does this need its own section?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNilvarg View Post
    Demoder, would it be possible for you to incorporate a feature like Auno's "Check Against My Nanos" function that lets you upload a character's Prefs.xml and then tells you exactly which nanos you're missing?

Obviously, Auno is dormant and hasn't been updated in several patches, so it would be nice for a regularly-updated website to have this feature so we can compare our nanos to the current database.
    It's on the todo list.

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    Another bug

Adding "Criteria" "Expansions" "not Present" doesn't exclude any item that requires an expansion.
    Does this need its own section?
    Thanks for the heads up. Looking at the code, the 'criteria' filter does not check the bit operators. It really should. I've made a ticket on it, and will fix it when I get time.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast