Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

Thumbs up

Feedback on design:

If you visit Auno, or AOUniverse or even the Arcanum site hosted by AODevs you will notice that:

The First page you see is an information page with current updates on it, a bit of chatter and mention of current events and sidebars to other pages with relevant information to the name on the sidebar. This is done as to not overwhelm the senses of the first time user so that they feel comfortable to come back. Most ppl who play this game are not coders so they are used to clean simple user friendly designs.

Choose a simple friendly colour scheme, Auno used just white, grey and black, Arcanum used basically black and blue, and AOUniverse used basically a uniformed flat matte green

I have a suggestion for you. When I was studying to be a project manager, I went out and found practicums for myself that basically meant writing up a proposal and implementation for a network upgrade and then bringing in some fellow students(Network Engineers) to implement it. This is nothing new ofc and you may want to approach a college or art schools(some do teach computer graphic design) and ask to see of any students need a practicum. They are usually overseen by an instructor and they do get graded on them which means they take it seriously.

So basically your looking for some front end DB design students. You could point them to some of the most popular sites as a starting point.

Why do I say this? I like your site, but it looks too much like a defunct site that I found overwhelmed me when I visited it. Major reason why I avoided it. I think that's one of the reason's why it went defunct. My own opinion of course. I haven't visited your site in awhile but if you are indeed able to visit Auno comments then you have a potential popular site on your hands. I love the ease of use of Auno and the comments of the past users are a gold mine.

One more suggestion please

Is it possible you can point out which patches implemented the major game designs such as NTWars, AI, SL, Xan etc etc. I say this as when i search for noob stuff I get allot of information not relevant to my search and I don't know which were the major patches. So if i want to search pre AI and onward I would know which patch to query or if i just wanted to search AI I would be able to do that.

Thanks for your time and your doing allot of work. I appreciate your efforts

AOItems heuristics error

Hi Demoder.

I think you have a error in your heuristics to get the item groups (lowid, highid combinations)

Example: 234612 (Pulsating Energy Maelstrom)

There is an item 234611 (Pulsating Energy Maelstrom).
    I think you compare names and try to combine them then. But in this case all of these items have QL1 so you'll end up with a 500 server error. Probably because 1-1=0 -> leading to a Division by Zero error.

Maybe you want to compare QL's before you try to combine them.

Cya and thx for your work
    Last edited by Drowwitch; Dec 12th, 2013 at 09:07:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Drowwitch View Post
    Hi Demoder.

I think you have a error in your heuristics to get the item groups (lowid, highid combinations)

Example: 234612

There is an item 234612 (Pulsating Energy Maelstrom).
    I think you compare names and try to combine them then. But in this case all of these items have QL1 so you'll end up with a 500 server error. Probably because 1-1=0 -> leading to a Division by Zero error.

Maybe you want to compare QL's before you try to combine them.

Cya and thx for your work
    Thanks for the feedback! This problem seems to be related to some unreliable handling of spell criteria.

I've updated the internal version of the site so that it doesn't error out like that, and will attempt to track down the actual error when time permits.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Database updated to 18.6.12

AOItems changes:

2014-05-31
    • UserModule
      • New module.
      • People can now log in using OpenID from Yahoo and AO-Universe.
      • Registered users may change some settings for widgets (screenshot)
    • ItemModule
      • Features
        • Weapon: Now displays max beneficial skill
        • Criteria checking whether a nano strain is running now links to the respective nanostrain.
        • System text now properly handles icon and item links. (example)
        • A top banner is now displayed when viewing a deleted item (example)
        • A top banner is now displayed when viewing an old version of an item (example)
      • Widgets
        • New: 'In Criteria Of' Widget; shows which items have the currently viewed item or nano program as a criteria ([not] owned, [not] running, [not] worn etc). (Example)
        • CastByWidget now has better formatting
      • BugFixes
        • Fixed incorrect assumption about which templates data to use in items which contain non-interpolated data. (for example, item name)
        • More graceful handling of incorrect item criteria (example)
      • PerkModule: Now correctly links nano listings
      • NanoModule: Fixed some improper listings of MP pet sacrifice nanos
    • General
      • QuickSearch field is now horizontally centered
      • Several performance improvements

Trivia: This update has been in the works since 4th November 2013, and consist of 127 commits, 359 new files, 310 modified files and 10 deleted files.

PS: Initial work has started on item comments and an equipment planner.

Edit: Turns out Google disabled OpenID authentication for new sites 1 week ago. Sigh. Will look into some solution to that.
    Last edited by Demoder; May 31st, 2014 at 11:29:58.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I was JUST before finding this thread b*tching about aoitems lacking an equipment planner and Auno not showing me the correct values for QL25 Ofab Fixer armor (due to using an old DB dump?)! Great work, can't wait for that equipment planner.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    • A top banner is now displayed when viewing a deleted item (example)
    • A top banner is now displayed when viewing an old version of an item (example)
    Could you please move that banner elsewhere ? It interferes when you want to compare two items to one another (or even the same item to it's other versions), since it makes the text on the whole page look misaligned when you ctrl+tab
    or... make a compare module
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Could you please move that banner elsewhere ? It interferes when you want to compare two items to one another (or even the same item to it's other versions), since it makes the text on the whole page look misaligned when you ctrl+tab
    or... make a compare module
    Not really. But I can add a close button!

2014-06-04
    • Banners: Individual banners may now be closed.
    • Landing page (https://aoitems.com/): Now redirects to detailed info on latest patch
    • HistoryModule:
      • Detailed patch information page now has a very basic summary of the patch at the top. (example)
      • Detailed patch information is now more compact.
    Last edited by Demoder; Jun 4th, 2014 at 17:00:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Daxnt View Post
    I see no problem here. Can you please elaborate?

The nano link in the first requirement is misaligned in firefox. (Screenshot)
    It's a problem that occurs when you put a float:right span inside a tag that also contains plain text.
    Putting the "Doesn't own nano" part into a float:left span would fix it.
    Last edited by Mawerick; Jun 10th, 2014 at 22:19:56.
    Tools: AOCrafter | AOcrayon | GUISelect | WebCrafter

- Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

Hi Demoder,
    My search skills have failed me but will there be an option which nano's you have/you're missing?

Mawerick: I'll look into it. Thanks for the details!

Tradeher: It's on the todo list, but it's not at the top right now.

Updated database to 18.6.14 (Patch Notes, Item Changes).

2014-07-23
    • Various bug fixes
    • ItemModule
      • Now displays "No Timer Notify" for nano programs. If this flag is set, the nano program should not affect/trigger the users 'cast bar'.
      • Removed NanoStrains widget, and created a new nano strain listing in the main view. This listing shows the nano strains and the cooldown time for each individual strain.
      • Added formatting for the "IsNpc" operator (criteria).
    Last edited by Demoder; Jul 23rd, 2014 at 16:10:41.

Thanks for making this available for us
    Great up-to-date tool.
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Thank you!

Thanks for continuing to keep the site up to date and for continuously making improvements ...
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Quote Originally Posted by Mastura View Post
    2nd :-P

Congrats on another GREAT tool, and I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU on behalf of the entire AO community for all your great work so far in so many areas.

Keep up the great work Demo and thanks again!
    Ditto and double Ditto!!! Thanks for the great work!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Looks good but lacks features.
    keep up the good work, if you need any help just ask.
    I may not (have time to) play anymore but I do login once in a blue moon, and remember a few things that I have studied.

--Xyphos
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

AOItems now has a branch for TestLive, https://tl.aoitems.com/
    This currently has patch 18.7.0.17 (patch notes)

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast