Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

Do not know if this is possible but would love to see a better search function. Searching weapons or armor by what is required to equip it or if it boosts HP etc.

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    Do not know if this is possible but would love to see a better search function. Searching weapons or armor by what is required to equip it or if it boosts HP etc.
    I wish it did have this feature, it would be invaluable for finding twink items. It's what I miss most about aomainframe (http://ao.tcdev.de/) which actually did have those functions.
    Casual/former player known as
    - Nnivekccub / Kingduck / Mongoose

AOItems down?
    The Union - Neutral Org.
    ... Wardencraft ... - Neutral Atrox Keeper
    ... Gizmocraft ... - Neutral Nanomage Engineer
    ... Clobbercraft ... - Neutral Atrox Martial Artist

The Company - Omni Org.
    ... Boomcraft ... - Neutral Solitus Trader
    ... Blitzcraft ... - Omni Opifex Fixer
    ... Ragecraft ... - Omni Atrox Enforcer
    ... Traumacraft ... - Omni Solitus Doctor
    ... Voodoocraft ... - Omni Nanomage Nanotechnician

More videos coming soon on YouTube: BlockAndLode

Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Getting "The Webpage is not available" from both home and work. So it's not just my home computer.
    The Union - Neutral Org.

The Company - Omni Org.

Same ISP on both home and work connections?

Weird issue but..
    Try flushing your dns cache (if needed, google this - flush dns cache windows <your windows version>)
    If that doesn't work, try using an anonymous proxy or something to see if you can get to the website, zend2/kproxy/etc... plenty of them out there.
    It's not a solution as much as it is a workaround, but it allows you to use the site while you figure out what's wrong.

The site's definitely up though, as I've used it a lot over the last couple of days.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Totally different ISPs... not sure what the deal is. Was mainly looking for it because it doesn't seem like auno has updated their database in a while.
    The Union - Neutral Org.

The Company - Omni Org.

Seems the www. version is not functioning.
    Go to http://aoitems.com

I've let Demoder know about this.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

www.aoitems.com should forward to https://aoitems.com as expected now.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

AOItems and CIDB updated with 18.6.15 and 18.6.16 patch info.

The change in major version (18.7 to 18.6) on TestLive caused more trouble with my workflow than I'd like to admit. Somewhat unrelated to this, I'll leave tl.aoitems.com with 18.7 data.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Thanks Demoder! You're awesome.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

AOItems will be periodically unavailable the next couple of hours due to hardware maintenance.

Everything should be back up and running now.
    Last edited by Demoder; Nov 16th, 2014 at 01:34:16.

There is alot of items that I don't see in the DB, Hercules' Olympic Pills were added last patch, Bracer of Brother Malevolence just to name a couple I've found so far.

@Teeko: Have you tried typing the name and waiting for it to appear on the drop-down? I just found both items on the site, myself.

The search function has always worked weirdly for me. If I type the name of something and wait for the drop-down menu I can find it. If I merely type it and press enter / the search button I rarely can find what I want. I assumed it was work-in-progress and just worked around it so far.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    There is alot of items that I don't see in the DB, Hercules' Olympic Pills were added last patch, Bracer of Brother Malevolence just to name a couple I've found so far.
    Hercules' Olympic Pills have existed in the database since 14.6.0, and was last modified in 16.1.0. Please let me know the item id if there's another item with the same name. Bracer of Brother Malevolence was added in 18.6.15 and is shown in the list of new items.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    The search function has always worked weirdly for me. If I type the name of something and wait for the drop-down menu I can find it. If I merely type it and press enter / the search button I rarely can find what I want. I assumed it was work-in-progress and just worked around it so far.
    Indeed. It's going to take quite a bit of effort to fix, and I don't know when I'll get the time to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Indeed. It's going to take quite a bit of effort to fix, and I don't know when I'll get the time to fix it.
    No problem at all, I'm thankful for the great work done so far and enjoy the site as-is just fine with the workaround. If it gets fixed down the road, all the better
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

On the front screen I don't see the bracer as a "new" item and I guess the issue I was having trying to find it was when I actually searched for "bracer of brother" or "hercule" I got no results on either query.

Use the search at top of page not sidebar...when it drops down click it, then search.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

2014-11-21: Updated https://aoitems.com/ with all site changes (NOT item changes/patches!) which were previously deployed on https://tl.aoitems.com/. This includes:
    • HistoryModule: More readable
    • Nano Listings
      • Now always ordered by stacking order by default.
      • Trader, Shade and Soldier lists are slightly borked due to "safe changes" made on the 18.7 branch, which were accidentially merged back to live AOItems. I might get around to fixing this eventually. (note to self: commits 3ea48d5, 56e1391, 531be9e)
    • New Operator/Criteria formatting: AlliesInCombat
    • Misc: Pages should load slightly faster, as the menu now use a single sprite image instead of 16 different small images.

And a few other technical fixes which should get rid of many odd behaviours. Search is still borked.

I figured some may be interested in knowing how the patching process of AOItems actually is, so here goes:

I start by downloading the .exe patch file. Copy this to a Windows 7 virtual machine dedicated for patching AO, and run it. Let it do its thing. I'll then copy the whole AO folder to my archive of AO folders, which has a the complete AO folder for every version you find on https://aoitems.com/history/ and then some. This currently eats about 580GB, before compression.Then it's time to run the DeRP Convertor. ([De]moder's [R]DB [P]arser) It'll grab standalone files like the MDB (text database), launcher's PF zone name file, etc. And it'll grab all relevant records from the RDB. Textures, icons, items, nanos, playfields... more. This stuff is stored in a custom binary format optimized for exactly this workload, named DeRP. I can elaborate on this if there's interest, but hey, not really relevant to this "story". This archive is currently about 125GB.

Then it's time to run the DeRP Extractor. The first step is to run with the SanityChecker plugin, which checks for various inconsistencies on the RDB so that I can report them to Funcom, as well as a few technical things related to presenting the information on the site. If there are new types of 'spells' (Modify, CastNano, TeamCastNano etc.. essentially everything under 'OnUse' etc on an item/nano), the tool will automatically generate a definition for the new spell. This is good enough to get the data on the site, but it's not really user friendly. (will get back to this later)

It's time to run the extractor with the AOItems plugin! This will find the latest patch in the database, load the DeRP files for that, and the DeRP files for any patch which comes after it from the DeRP archive. DeRP! Then it'll compare patches to each other in sequential order, updating the database only with changed data. If an item is changed, all its information is stored under the new patch ID in the database. If there's a new spell, I'll generally have to check how it looks on the site, compare to ingame information, and update the formatting of that spell for the site. This is usually done in DeRP, because there's lots of metadata about spells there, but sometimes the spells are so complicated that I can't rely on the AOItems spell auto-formatter, and have to write code for formatting that specific spell. Not many of those.

Then I'll run the TemplateMatcher, which figures out which templates fit together. Example: Perennium Beamer has seven templates that fit together, and form one item.

At this point, I'll check if everything works on the test site. If I made changes to the AOItems code, those are committed to VCS, and then pushed to the live branch. Then I'll put the live site in offline mode, update it to the latest revision of the live site, run a database copy script to copy data from the test site to the live site, run a deployment script which consolidates CSS, Javascript and PHP files into as few files as possible, clears out caches and a few other things... Re-enable the site, clear cloudflare cache, and make a post on the AO forums about the new update.

This whole process takes about an hour if there are new 'spells', and about 20-30 minutes if not.

PS: The AOItems SQL database is currently at a whooping 1.20 GiB.
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 17th, 2014 at 02:47:38.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast