Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: AOItems.com - Anarchy Online Items Database!

I've been checking the tl version of the site hoping to see the hellspinner changes, but nothing has been done there in a few months it seems, unless I'm looking at it wrong
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

TL version of the site has the 18.7 patch. I'm not going to update it again until TestLive is back on the 18.7 branch.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Awwww :/
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

AOItems database updated to the 18.6.17 patch. Some of the changes include many weapons being updated, many new items added (including holiday-specific items), and items sold in the pre-made implant shops seem to have dropped in price. (Modifier changed from 105% to 95%; So if something cost 105 credits before, it'll now cost 90 credits.) Check the detailed patch page, and camp the patch notes forum for more details.

No changes were made to AOItems itself.
    Last edited by Demoder; Dec 17th, 2014 at 04:03:30.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Seems the www. version is not functioning.
    Go to http://aoitems.com

I've let Demoder know about this.
    have same issue can't getting "The Webpage is not available"

Your MySQL server is down, so the site is unavailable currently.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thanks for the report. The error with not being able to reach MySQL server was a temporary situation while infrastructure was being improved, and is fixed now.

I love aoitems but..

is it possible to change the background color.. its soooooo bright.. so much.. white.

Patch 18.7.0 is now on AOItems!

Many changes to AOItems, such as pagination of the history module and better display of perk actions. I'll write up a full set of changes eventually.

PS: There's now a donate button on the left-hand menu! Donations will go towards paying bills for keeping AOItems online, and up to date.

In an effort to make AOItems more usable on the variety of screen sizes that exist, I've begun an effort to make AOItems adhere to "responsive design". I've converted many parts of AOItems already, such as Helpbot Store, Patch History, and Shadowbreed Listing.

It's my hope to get to the perk explorer and then some of the simpler item displays soon. If time & motivation permits, I'll do a rewrite of the search tool; because we all know it, that thing sucks giant reet tails right now.

Meanwhile, please let me know what you think of the new design! And please try it on both mobile devices as well as high-resolution screens.

Awesomesauce!
    The only thing that comes to mind is that the boxes have some unnecessary padding, but that's no big deal.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Currently on leave from Omni-Pol
    Omni-Tek Representative
    Chair of the Omni Organisational Committee

The Leet - Chat client for Android
    People of Rubi-Ka Revamped

Grid mail: novagen@omni-pol.net

Great work, as always. Thank you.

If I could suggest one more thing: The paypal donation link does not seem to be available in English - perhaps having an English alternative link could be helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Great work, as always. Thank you.

If I could suggest one more thing: The paypal donation link does not seem to be available in English - perhaps having an English alternative link could be helpful?
    Thanks! Paypal says the language of that landing page should be determined by the user's preferences, and I wonder if that's what's happening here, or if it's a completely different language?

I have not been logged in to paypal or aoitems while clicking the "donate" link, so I'm not sure what user preferences it could be looking at. I only know English personally, so I don't think any settings on my computer should be misleading it. So far as I can tell, the page is in a Scandinavian language, maybe Norwegian? Copy-pasted sample sentence: "Betal med betalingskort, eller logg på".

That's Norwegian alright. I'll have to poke Paypal some about this, it seems.

I think language defaults to the same as the account you are logged in to when creating the button.
    You should be able to edit the button and change language to English.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative

Couldn't make any such changes to the button itself. It did display in English when I was logged in, and Norwegian when I was not. (Funny as I'm Norwegian, but yeah, my account language is set to English) I've added &lc=en_US to the link, and that seems to force locale to be US-English.

PS: If you donate, make sure to send me a PM so I can thank you appropriately.
    Last edited by Demoder; Apr 28th, 2015 at 09:57:17.

All in all it looks nice. Searches still throw you back to the old design.

Also: A leet as NT Icon? You can do better

Looks good on 1920x1200, 1600x1200 @ Chrome & FireFox, as well as on 1280x720 @ Android 4.4 in horizontal and vertical orientation.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Awesome.

PS: NT icon seems to have gotten the Adventurer icon for some reason. Will fix that with next update to AOItems (later today, maybe together with 18.7.1)

Thanks for testing!

One idea, use ajax loading for the paging, that way we don't have to reload the entire page (and the server only need to load a fraction of the data/items/icons)
    Last edited by Novagen; Apr 28th, 2015 at 10:13:49.
    John 'Novagen' Wright
    Omni-Tek Representative

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast