Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 3rd September 2013

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - 3rd September 2013

Hi everybody,
    I am very happy today to announce the beginning of beta for the new rendering engine signups. Please follow this link to sign-up for the closed beta. https://register.funcom.com/account/ao_beta/ctrl/

We will be inviting people into the closed beta in waves and eventually we will drop the NDA and transition the closed beta to the open beta. For now we hope that players, both past and present, will indicate their interest by signing up.

In these early stages of the closed beta, we will not provide the ability to copy over characters to the beta server. This is because the New Player Experience is also available in the closed beta and we would like to get as many eyes on this new content as possible. As the beta progresses, we will add the ability to copy over characters and gather focused feedback on higher level areas.

In other news, the itemshop has undergone a visual revamp which will be released on Tuesday the 3rd of September. This update will also contain a new sub-category system for easier browsing and all the items in the itemshop have been resorted for this purpose. Less popular social items will be removed and some new items will be added. Among them are the long awaited SSC "Bastion" Nanopaint Chip, Old English Trading Company Retropads, a Bucket helmet and of course, your new best friend: The Pink Silvertail.

Genele has been hard at work revamping the whompah system. I'll let her provide all of the new details about where the new whompah outposts will be added in her update next month. Macrosun has been teaching the residents of Rubi-Ka about rainmaps in the new engine - finally the citizens of Rubi-Ka have fixed all of the holes in their ceilings. Nobody likes a soggy leet.

That's it for this update, thanks for listening!

Woohoo, signed up.

Also, first!

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Last!

Will new engine support 2560x1440? I hate the missing 512 pixels now...

And do people early in have better change to get in early? Also you should maybe update the NDA?
    Last edited by Ekarona; Sep 3rd, 2013 at 13:02:38.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

What's a DXDiag file - and how do I get it.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    What's a DXDiag file - and how do I get it.
    On win 8 press windows key and write dxdiag .

On 7 and earlier just use the run and write dxdiag .

Then let the progress bar fill up and press save option.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.

Done that. Thanks. Not working.
    I'm Batman.

Last edited by Hadean; Sep 3rd, 2013 at 13:13:54.
    Reading everything backwards.

No, as in, it saved but it still comes up with this error message: There was an error submitting your data.
    Please check your input and try to correct any invalid fields.

I have the Dxdiag.txt file.
    I'm Batman.

No, as in, it saved but it still comes up with this error message: There was an error submitting your data.
    Please check your input and try to correct any invalid fields.

I have the Dxdiag.txt file.
    On the website or with tool?

Fixed it. Turned out, it was on a froob account underneath my main one.
    I'm Batman.

Fixed it. Turned out, it was on a froob account underneath my main one.
    Also any new singups seems to progress to next account... But one should suffice...

3. Tester shall, as an uncompensated volunteer and not as an employee or independent contractor, test Funcom's game known as "The Secret World" (the "Game"). Tester will report any bugs, feedback or suggestions concerning the Game through the Game's private tester forums or through the in-Game bug reporting mechanisms.
    Wait what? Anyway, signed up!
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Wait what? Anyway, signed up!
    We do read our NDAs ;D

Lol... apparently dark days are coming... (and the sky has now officially fallen)
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Nice update gonna wait with that signup till I get home, though. Thanks for posting!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

as a veteran player with entitlement issues i feel that i'm entitled to be the first person on the beta server

Great news. However when I tried to singup I recived an error. Could it be because of pending payment on my account?
    Kotty • Drush • Guzzler • Farminator

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Great news. However when I tried to singup I recived an error. Could it be because of pending payment on my account?
    Make sure you're signing up as your primary account, and not any vet or child accounts you have attached to it.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Great news! Just hope the beta testing doesnt take as long as it took for the beta to arrive :P

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Fantastic news!

Congratulations and thanks to all the team over at Funcom in continuing support of your players and our mutual baby over all these years, Anarchy Online, and making it the amazing world it is. Congratulatoins and thank you also for all the hard work into getting it to where it is.

For many years to come! The only way from here, is up up and away. Show those Blizzard folks what you guys are made of!

We should make this date an Annual Rubi-Ka holiday!!!@# \o/

Mast
    Shadow Ops
    Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
    They'll say we're disturbing the peace, but there is no peace. What really bothers them is that we are disturbing the war.
    Tired of little elves with bows? Fed up with spell-flinging goblins? Bored to death by the solitary world of linear games? Despair not. Freedom is on its way, and its name is Anarchy Online.
    Web: http://www.shadowops-online.org | Twitter: @ShadowOpsOnline | AO: Milestones & History

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast