Thread: Monthly Development Update - 3rd September 2013

when will closed beta start ?
    Gefundene Schreibfehler dürft ihr behalten

Soon ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Everyone hopes is today, but unfortunately won't be before the end of this month atleast...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Quite a few people should read this post and remind themselves that neither froob accounts nor unpaid accounts are supposed to be posting here. Stating you belong to one of those groups is not a good idea for your account status.
    Here here. Its about time someone said something. People who don't pay for the game should not have a say easy as that. I have been paying for the pass 8 years and think that I should be able to post things without comments from people who don't play or pay.

It would be nice also to have a post when the closed beta starts just so we know

I'm signed up and ready to play CLOSED BETA

I figured with limited resources focused on creating a new engine not much work would be done on the game that the player base would notice. I find it commendable they were able to get new things implemented into the game at all, such as the new market system. The new graphics engine was a promise that FC made a long time ago and had evolved into a scratching, poo-throwing monkey on their back. I'm sure they are very relieved to have it in beta now.
    We'll find our souls inside the blaze.
    As the sky turns into rain...
    Love will dissolve all the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by awikun View Post
    soon(ish) ...
    fify
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Quite a few people should read this post and remind themselves that neither froob accounts nor unpaid accounts are supposed to be posting here. Stating you belong to one of those groups is not a good idea for your account status.
    That is an interesting post. In essence, players who are not paying should not have a voice, despite the fact that they may even be taking nothing more than a break and are more than willing to pay again to play when FC actually keeps their promises and meets their deadlines.

Do these players not have the right to ask "When is the content you promised while I was active going to actually be implemented? What are you offering me now that should actually warrant me playing again?" You also have members of the community who try to remain beneficial, offering advice to players, suggestions for developers, or simply keeping the community more active.

It is a company decision in the end to decide how they manage their game, and I can see them wanting to keep the forums limited to active players, but given the state of AO and the failures of the company itself, I do not believe any "attacks" on the community, be they active or not, would ever be a wise move.

That said, the intent of your post is clear to myself, and the warning is appreciated whether everyone understands that or not

Personally, having seen some of the suggestions and backfires of paid members, and knowing many froobs are more intelligent than that, I think some froobs should be GRANTED access through personal application of sorts - they gotta earn it rather than pay for it.
    I'm Batman.

No-one should be worried about whether Fr00bs can post here or even participate in beta or not.

The fact that they are spending their most valuable resource - time - to play this game is testimony of them seeing great value in this old game.

So stop with the entitlement mongering - subscriptions are a drop in the sea and the last thing we need to do is alienate any potential fresh players....

....mmmm fresh players...

Also, in before LOAD TIMES! Discuss.
    Proud Member of Coven of Hunters, Rimor.

Quote Originally Posted by Datch View Post
    Here here. Its about time someone said something. People who don't pay for the game should not have a say easy as that. I have been paying for the pass 8 years and think that I should be able to post things without comments from people who don't play or pay.
    It is hard to tell from your comments, who you think should not be providing commentary. Froobs (do not pay), paid who are currently frozen (do not pay), paid who are active and not in game (do not play)...all of the above?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingrage View Post
    Meh, no interest, let me know when they're fixing professions, then I'll think about coming back.

Sorry, shinies don't interest me as much as game mechanics.
    For example, since this person is posting, they must still be paying but are just on break until his/her expectations are met.

While I am currently both paid and playing, I hardly play as much as I used to (lack of time, compared to what I used to have). Is my commentary more or less useful than someone who is froob and plays all the time or even someone who is currently frozen but who played all the time?

Also, excited about Beta, but will not be shattered if I do not get an invite. I hardly see it as a status symbol to be able to say "in since Beta" with the exception of some sort of cool Pioneer Backpack type item (as an example, since I get the feeling that a lot of peeps who got that were in the original Beta as well). I realize that perhaps the testing should be left to someone who has more time to devote to it...and I trust a lot of the AOers who I am guessing will get in to the test phase.
    Last edited by Liamboru; Sep 12th, 2013 at 18:29:07.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Do these players not have the right to ask "When is the content you promised while I was active going to actually be implemented?
    Sure they do, just not on this forum, apparently
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Mind = blown..looks like you might get that 2k after all ;o

After my unfair experience with Funcom I know where I think they should put the engine I highly recommend that none of my former Inner Circle members ever return to game.
    Eunucha

Inner Circle since 2001 until Funcom kicked me the leader out of Inner Circle in 2013.

funcom want to kill this game and they are close to make it.
    i think that the engi wont save this game .

the only thing that can save it is if all people that work at funcom get replaysed to peolpe that have a neutral stand in the game and dont allow 3 party programs.

its sad when they let 1 side do what ever they want and the other side get kicked out of the game for just saying hi its stupid stupid and stupid and alot of bad words here .................................................. ......................

will sign out soon from a corupt game

lol
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

hooo boy, when can i start on this 6-year-in-the-making-beta? lol...

we have orbital apartments and some ships fly around so...why not more Space content ?
    I like to read into a Monthly Report...

We have created a Space Addon.
    Three Alien outpost planets has been addet to the galaxy
    Player have to occupy this planets to gearup toons to get ready for a travel
    with huge and small spaceships to the Alien Mother Planet.
    Smartphone player avaiable to control gun tower from spaceships in a Arcade mode.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    we have orbital apartments and some ships fly around so...why not more Space content ?
    I like to read into a Monthly Report...

We have created a Space Addon.
    Three Alien outpost planets has been addet to the galaxy
    Player have to occupy this planets to gearup toons to get ready for a travel
    with huge and small spaceships to the Alien Mother Planet.
    Smartphone player avaiable to control gun tower from spaceships in a Arcade mode.
    Tbh I would settle for endgame content that is not a one room instance that nly require doc and crat.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Too bad i wont be able to test since i only have linux on both of my computers.

Have fun in there guys
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

Be patient people,

And i dont really know how, but we need to get new people into game somehow... I dont understand why they dont start a advertising campaign... This game could have potential if you even bothered ....
    Devil Inside for life.
    Pharexys - Adventurer
    Maniacu - Soldier
    Cyber2 - Nano-Technician
    Multibox - Bureaucrat

Devil Inside Website - Devil Inside Forum - Devil Inside YouTube Channel - Pharexys Twich Stream

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast