Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 3rd September 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I like how people completely ignore the fact that there's going to be an open beta afterwards.
    Yeah, like, I was like, "Whoa! There be open beta soon, man!", like.
    And like, it's not like there won't be a new engine, like, they have said that there will, like, be a new engine!

And, like, who shat on your Leet?

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Maybe because the players with current active subscriptions are the ones actually paying for the new updates? Just a thought.
    Oh right, because 'current active' accounts were most certainly paying for the last 6 years of development on this engine. My subscription fees from the last decade made it a possibility for you (read: obviously your reg date is 2002 so not directed at you, but shiz you picked the fight, brahstradamus) to feel elitist and entitled about the beta because you currently happen to have an active sub.

genius edit: only charge the subscription fee if you want to reactivate after playing the beta. problem solved.
    Last edited by dexiecane; Sep 15th, 2013 at 03:49:48.
    Jenaku - 220 ma
    Dexiecane - 220 adv
    Decksii - 220 sold

soup guys?

like flowerpicviewrangelagfps test there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej2_V...layer_embedded

its going snowy cold outside
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

After playing this game for over 11 years, I just removed it completely from my computer 2 weeks ago. I come back to the forums and they announce the beta. Sorry FC, just a day late and $15 dollars short -_-

I hung around for a good 6 years after mention of a new engine, but I'll be damned if I play this dead game again :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze View Post
    After playing this game for over 11 years, I just removed it completely from my computer 2 weeks ago. I come back to the forums and they announce the beta. Sorry FC, just a day late and $15 dollars short -_-

I hung around for a good 6 years after mention of a new engine, but I'll be damned if I play this dead game again :/
    I logged onto EVE again last night, I was informed that there were 41785 other players online
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just offering a possible rationale for the way things are. Somewhere along the line you have to realize "our game" is someone's "business". Who ever that may be they may have a perfect reasoning for what decisions they make regardless of what any of us think. For better or worse we are all getting screwed. The difference is I don't care much about $15-$20 bucks a month enough to complain about it.

If some number crunching pencil pusher has the bright idea to say, "Lets dangle the NPE carrot on the forums with the stipulation that you must have an active account." Then perhaps 10-50 people will resub to get a chance at an invite to closed beta. Since no date has been given perhaps we can string them along for 2-3 months while they hope for a peek at beta test, with the bonus that they are basically going to be unpaid game testers. I find that to be pretty darn clever to make forum QQ haters into people willing to PAY to help FC test their new product roflol.

Or am I the only person who thinks like that?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

it's pretty good tactics
    they got bored to say "new engine soon", now they say "closed beta soon"
    maybe someone belives them and resubs

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Not saying it's right or wrong, just offering a possible rationale for the way things are. Somewhere along the line you have to realize "our game" is someone's "business". Who ever that may be they may have a perfect reasoning for what decisions they make regardless of what any of us think. For better or worse we are all getting screwed. The difference is I don't care much about $15-$20 bucks a month enough to complain about it.

If some number crunching pencil pusher has the bright idea to say, "Lets dangle the NPE carrot on the forums with the stipulation that you must have an active account." Then perhaps 10-50 people will resub to get a chance at an invite to closed beta. Since no date has been given perhaps we can string them along for 2-3 months while they hope for a peek at beta test, with the bonus that they are basically going to be unpaid game testers. I find that to be pretty darn clever to make forum QQ haters into people willing to PAY to help FC test their new product roflol.

Or am I the only person who thinks like that?
    Nope, you're not. It's obviously another FC cash grab. If it wasn't, they would be rewarding those players that have been loyal to them for years (some over a decade), whether they were currently subscribed or not.

How exactly is it a reward for anything to smash around in something that's probably broken? Up above we can read that the mere notion of paying to betatest is abhorring, so how is it a good idea to offer it as a "hey, thanks for paying for 10 years, here's some buggy code you can betatest"?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

It's not clever if everyone knows exactly what they're doing.

A decade, five years, or whatever arbitrary number they'd find would be no less stupid than "one month." So it should be removed.
    Jenaku - 220 ma
    Dexiecane - 220 adv
    Decksii - 220 sold

soup guys?

Cool

On a lighter note I wonder how this years Halloween festivities planning is going. Sorry just tired of all the griping and thought I'd change the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminita View Post
    Nope, you're not. It's obviously another FC cash grab. If it wasn't, they would be rewarding those players that have been loyal to them for years (some over a decade), whether they were currently subscribed or not.
    The point of participating in a closed beta is not to experience a wonderful gaming environment and to have fun, it's an effort to assist developers in going over as much of the content as possible with a fine tooth comb to alleviate hours (days, weeks) of tester time that would otherwise be required to produce a quality product.

It's kinda like doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4OBUupicWg

I'm disappointed, I was hoping we'd beat Duke Nukem Forever...
    *BAM*

Quote Originally Posted by Bambam View Post
    I'm disappointed, I was hoping we'd beat Duke Nukem Forever...
    Don't worry, they can still do that ;D

I mean after closed and open beta, why not switch to crytek engine? ;D
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Don't worry, they can still do that ;D

I mean after closed and open beta, why not switch to crytek engine? ;D
    Well...

EDIT: *sigh* already getting questions about it on youtube so here it goes.
    This video is not made by Funcom. This map is not made by Funcom.
    It is a map of Borealis I was making in CryENGINE 2 editor (Sandbox 2).
    Last edited by TharBeDragons; Sep 16th, 2013 at 11:23:44.

Quote Originally Posted by TharBeDragons View Post
    What the hell did I just watch?

Quote Originally Posted by TharBeDragons View Post
    Upgrade is looking good.... made me want to re-sub
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    The point of participating in a closed beta is not to experience a wonderful gaming environment and to have fun, it's an effort to assist developers in going over as much of the content as possible with a fine tooth comb to alleviate hours (days, weeks) of tester time that would otherwise be required to produce a quality product.

It's kinda like doing this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4OBUupicWg
    I understand the purpose of beta testing perfectly well, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminita View Post
    I understand the purpose of beta testing perfectly well, thanks.
    I wasn't trying to be snarky or anything, but my reply was not so much about the purpose of beta testing either. It was more along the lines of allowing people to beta test is not really a reward The worst part is the closed beta won't even allow you to import your characters, so you have to start completely fresh in an environment that is likely buggy and broken.

Some might enjoy it, but anyone thinking they would get to joy ride in a world of enhanced AO graphics is going to be disappointed and likely miss the entire point of participating in the testing.

I just want you all to know that I love you
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast