Thread: 5min flags

5min flags

You cant even rezz in 5mins to try and get revenge

Who thought of this and implemented it? They deserve a slap.

10mins or back to 20 please.

It was 15, not 20.
    And, agreed.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

10m, refresh on combat, and/or "credits for flag removal" terminal. 10m to remove a flag, as long as you're not in combat. No more hiding in backyards, and removes credits from the game, like people ask!
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

I like that idea, but terminal doesn't sound good. Items, sure. Shop buyable items. 10m a pop, stackable.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post

Who thought of this and implemented it?
    It was implented after they added a xp-daily that would flag you.... carebear-change -_-

Epic fail

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    They deserve a slap.
    A slap? We should raid them with a team of angry enforcers (and a shade looking for the behind) once we find out!
    Last edited by leetlover; Sep 24th, 2013 at 02:18:01.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

That single change killed city PvP.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

the purpose of 5 minute flags is to give you an incentive to do your best to survive. game is already carebear enough with little to no penalty for death beyond rebuffing, deal with it, and be a better player imo :P
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    the purpose of 5 minute flags is to give you an incentive to do your best to survive. game is already carebear enough with little to no penalty for death beyond rebuffing, deal with it, and be a better player imo :P
    Sounds more like an incentive to gank, run into a by, wait 5 minutes, go back out and see if someone else has flagged up to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Sounds more like an incentive to gank, run into a by, wait 5 minutes, go back out and see if someone else has flagged up to me..
    Maybe for you... some of us don't always have large chunks of time to play. Personally, 5min flags mean i'm more likely to get flagged as i'm less likely to need to afk.

Also, for those unaware there's a concept of re-flagging. if you want to be flagged for 15mins, just q another guard/flagged person after 5. BRILLIANT!
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    Also, for those unaware there's a concept of re-flagging. if you want to be flagged for 15mins, just q another guard/flagged person after 5. BRILLIANT!
    Then you need to consentrate on keeping the buff running -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Qft!

This
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by mcnurja View Post
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlancor View Post
    Qft!
    Can someone explain how, when ppl just BY-hugged off their flags anyway? Not trolling, genuinely want to know the specific way you think this killed bore pvp (as opposed to the population dump, the rise of multi-loggers, or the increase in gank profs instead of the wider variety of profs that was more common historically).
    Proud Member of Paradise

This.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    Can someone explain how, when ppl just BY-hugged off their flags anyway?
    some people, far from everyone did/do

ao-pvp has to a great extent evolved around 15mins flag and being near a zone. It wasn't broken.

Agreed.
    5 min flags are way too low.. if it where due to the quest lines of daily's.. put a different flag on the player that lasts 5 min .. as soon you hit or attack another player.. you get 15 min flag.

OR(Fun idea)

Every time you attack a player... you get a flag stack with +5 mins.. also remove tower flagg.. if u intent to attack and kill several players you will get a larger flag with a limit of course.
    Last edited by Animalz; Apr 9th, 2014 at 11:34:29.

bump, 15-20min please

also deactivate zoning while in combat
    220/30/70 Atrox Soldier ..::.. Experienced Hunter Shoorty Fearme Movie 1 2 3
    220/30/70 Nanomage Agent ..::.. Neophyte Prince Fedez
    150/20/42 Atrox Enforcer ..::.. Rookie Duel Pheddex Please

- SEMPER FIDELIS -

You flag up cause nobody else is or will.

The other faction waits until they have enough people to instant kill you.

You die.

By the time you come back, their flags are gone.

All you can do now is flag up again to get killed again.

Nobody wants to do this, so nobody does.

It ruined pvp for players like me.

I would stand in Borealis flagged all day and fight with whatever showed up.

But it's no fun to get instant killed, then come back and not be able to try and gank them back.

This change is actually the biggest reason I don't play anymore. That's all I have to say.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

i agree with herk. but the problem is: flag is already damn contagious as it is with the passive flagging. get rid of aura flagging and make flag 15m, done. or at least make aura flags shorter. but i'd rather get rid of it. you enter bor, baem flag without even seeing something because aura refreshed. shouldnt happen. its a typical fc fix. it takes YEARS until they fix healflag. but instead of just flagging heals, they flag auras and all.
    Last edited by Xootch; Jun 1st, 2014 at 04:32:51.