Thread: Consumer rights questions and players rights.

Consumer rights questions and players rights.

Hello.

I really didn't find proper forum tree for such questions so i post here as my situation is related to game shop.

I did buy FC points. My debit card has different name on it, that how it happened, but I have all rights on it. I already payed from that card and for request from FC already supported them with photo of my card and id. During that purchase bought points ere not shipped to my account. After petition I was redirected to account service and sent them again my information. No reply. My account is banned. I send again them letter.

Now - my question - where i can read about my consumer rights which regulate this lovely company.

In Terms and Services said:

1. Grant of a Limited License to Use the Service. Subject to your agreement to and continuing compliance with this Terms of Service, you may use the Service solely for your own non-commercial entertainment purposes by accessing it with a web browser or an authorized, unmodified Game Client. You may not use the Service for any other purpose, or using any other method.

AND

4.a. FUNCOM MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE ANY ACCOUNT(S) AT ANY TIME OR FROM TIME TO TIME, FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY AND ALL GAME ASSETS AND/OR ACCOUNTS MAY BE DELETED, ALTERED, MOVED OR TRANSFERRED AT ANY TIME OR FROM TIME TO TIME, BY OR AT THE DIRECTION OF FUNCOM, FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR ANY VIOLATION OF THIS TERMS OF SERVICE, THE EULA, THE PRIVACY POLICY OR THE CODE OF CONDUCT, AT THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE DISCRETION OF FUNCOM. FUNCOM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY VALUE, CASH OR OTHERWISE, ATTRIBUTED TO ANY DATA RESIDING ON SERVERS OPERATED BY FUNCOM, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, GAME ASSETS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT FUNCOM HAS THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY GAME ASSETS IN WHOLE OR IN PART AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE AND WITHOUT LIABILITY OF ANY KIND TO YOU.

AND

4.b. You may cancel any Account registered to you at any time by following the instructions on the Site. In the event that you terminate or breach this Terms of Service, you will forfeit your right to any and all payments you may have made for pre-purchased Game access or otherwise relating to the Services. You acknowledge and agree that you are not entitled to any refund for any amounts which were pre-paid prior to any termination of this Terms of Service.

AND ALSO

ONCE YOU AGREE TO THIS TERMS OF SERVICE FOR THE GAME”) AND SERVICE FOR THE GAME COMMENCES, YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND FOR ANY AMOUNTS OR OTHER CONSIDERATION PAID BY YOU FOR THE USE (OR FUTURE USE) OF THE GAME CLIENT OR THE SERVICE.

So, do i understand right that I can buy service and not get it, by "FOR NO REASON" be suspended. And I have no rights for refund and actually no rights at all. And if I ever decide to go to court with this injustice i even have to pay for it?

many people got banned for no reason and they still are banned this day
    it's not "pay to play", actually it's "pay and maybe play" )

Most (if not all?) online games, and even forums and other online services, have agreements like this. It is perfectly understandable and tolerable, until one day when something is taken away from you without a proper explanation or opportunity to complain.

Different name on debit card may suggest that your account was bought/sold (which according to EULA is bannable offence).

Just a wild guess as nothing else comes to my mind.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

The surname and the middle name are the same. Id has initial name as on account creation. And while Terms and Services claims that arbitrary organization in dispute is AAA, Americans law allows to have different names.

I understand that I always can cancel payment on my card. Just it is situation that informal, human attitude always can turn around, while corporation has such terms and services on its side.

AO already lost many players because of that. And loss in profit doesn't looks like change company attitude. Which is not understandable...

While all other mmorpg have developed service support - especially when it concern payments problems, OA still have decade old system - I don't see in what stage my ticket, I have no phone for contact, their support mail address looks like black hole, and speed of processing is near never.

So far I look for answer official representative. Their rules in Term and Service, in my opinion, clearly conflict with Consumers Rights.
    Last edited by codetao; Oct 22nd, 2013 at 14:10:49.

From funcom.com:

Funcom Corporate Code of Ethics
    1. Introduction

Our attitude to ethics

Funcom's corporate Code of Ethics emphasises that all co-workers and the Group's Board of Directors shall maintain high ethical standards when performing their duties. ...

2. Corporate Code of Ethics

The corporate code of ethics is primarily a tool to govern Funcom's corporate conduct and culture. Our fundamental values are based on integrity, honesty and reliability within Funcom and in relation to all our stakeholders...

2.2 Stakeholders relations

Customers

All our customers shall be treated with respect, integrity and understanding. We shall deal with customers' needs in the best possible manner within the business and ethical parameters that apply to Funcom...
    etc

So far I already contacted GM(Gyhx) through LiveChat, he said that they didn't receive my letters, i send another 3 or 4 with different size of photo, from different emails. On help.funcom.com they claim that "We provide support 24/7...". Several hours left. No response. The max time of mail arrival ~30 min.

So, where is integrity, honesty and reliability, which was claimed in Funcom Corporate Code of Ethics?

Either follow your codex or have human integrity to confess that what you ciam has nothing with reality.

Unfortunately, account issues cannot be resolved on the forums, and must be resolve via the live chat system or email. Make sure you are not using a hotmail or yahoo account to contact customer service. Closing this thread.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM