Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 29th of November, 2013

Dear Funcom.
    I am really looking forward to the new engine. I new it was going to happend. while you are working on it, cant you make some more social items? mayby like christmas! Anyways I hope that the new engine is good. Tell us more informaition abot when it comes please, Love ya Funcom

HoggaGames

I still dont understand why folks complain so much about paying when you have TOTAL control of your wallet?

Why not just reduce the number of active subs you have or play froob until the state of AO is where you feel comfortable paying for it?

Why wait until the you have paid for 2-3 more years just to complain 4 years later that you feel ripped off?

Just doesn't make any sense at all to me to QQ about paying for this or that. You "CAN" expect answers to your questions on open forums, but if history serves memory correctly you "SHOULDN'T" even expect a response 99% of the time. That's pretty simple concept.

If the only thing stringing you along is new engine/rebalance/graphics what ever, maybe you should take a break and resub AFTER those changes are in? That could potentially save you some stress if you don't like the game as is.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

But that would make far too much sense Psikie & what would people whine about then ?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    If the only thing stringing you along is new engine/rebalance/graphics what ever, maybe you should take a break and resub AFTER those changes are in? That could potentially save you some stress if you don't like the game as is.
    It already looks like most players did that since 2008-9 and moving forward... Of course, for other reasons than engine/rebalance...

The beef with the "whining" so far was "why should 12m get preference considering other things?"...

I, for one, enjoy the game as it is now and I'm enjoying it on 2 accounts even thoug I pay monthly.

Probably FC people thought rewarding 12m subs is all nice and dandy... Problem is they have not considered all things through and it even is possible this decision was not something the AO team decided upon.

Whatever the decision was, it was not well thought. That is all.
    ----------------------------
    Showing why AO forum is not to be trusted - on S10 inflation

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Multiple players in my org can make 200-300m maybe even 400m depending on lucky drops in 2 hours of farming the place. If you cannot see this as being an issue, then I don't know how to help you.

So many white knights...... Can you stop whining that some are complaining as a paying customer on their forum which they have paid to have access too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    So many white knights
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Just doesn't make any sense at all to me to QQ about paying for this or that. You "CAN" expect answers to your questions on open forums, but if history serves memory correctly you "SHOULDN'T" even expect a response 99% of the time. That's pretty simple concept.
    Maybe this will help you understand. People may be expressing it in a way that is incorrect in terms of your subjective thinking. However, I hasten to add that there may be an underlying motivation for the complaints and it is not necessarily the monetary aspect. We all love this game, Anarchy Online, we're fond of the memories, the friends, the game-play and our own personal milestones we reached with our characters. When people start making promises (and I'm not going to quote the spectacles and the myriad of deadlines that have been set both here and in gaming media), and consistently break those promises, well then, the only thing that people have to complain with as a tool is their money.

So you see it's not so much the monetary aspect, but rather that the actual subscription fee has become a tool to be able to make statements such as, "We've been getting deadlines and promises shoved down our throats without even so much as an informal apology and a promise to improve'". Instead GM's come and go, employees get introduced and never heard of again. So in summary, the QQ about the money is just a tool to express dissatisfaction for a much larger issue at hand for some people, possibly including myself.

I was wondering if I'd ever see a beta invite when it occurred ot me that I can't actually check my Beta signup status from my account page. When I initially signed up it all seemed to go through fine but now I pick over my account page I can't find anything.

Thing is, my all-expacs main paid account isn't the 'leading' account in my veteran account conglomerate. That one is held by a froob account for $reasons. It was on my full paid account that I apped for beta access of course, but as it's not technically the 'main' one I do wonder if maybe that's knackered something in the process.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by hoggagames View Post
    Dear Funcom.
    I am really looking forward to the new engine. I new it was going to happend. while you are working on it, cant you make some more social items? mayby like christmas! Anyways I hope that the new engine is good. Tell us more informaition abot when it comes please, Love ya Funcom

HoggaGames
    NOOO!
    this is just not acceptable at this moment! we already have plenty of social items for every holiday in general I got full backpack I don't even know what to do with them and they end up being deleted.
    if you just paid a minimum attention you'd notice they made a ''Tree dress'' on the last update!!! that is just too much and have nothing to do with the game itself. When you think about it, this is sci-fi game not Facebook app we are talking about. It is ok that we made in the past and its done now. we need to put our effort on the late stuff. This sandbox require attention and focus on the right thing to-do. specially related to the storyline so please don't make anymore useless waste.
    In the subway goes the keepers

Give me beta invite when you get the chance please. (Really!) I will gladly help find bugs, or do long, stupid repetitive testing as necessary. Not just there to look and leave.

I am familiar with Enforcer/Soldier/Doc...and all aspects of the game. 8p
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Feedback is fine, and I don't really chase after it, and skepticism is understandable, and this has been ten pages of venting so its hardly being suppressed.

However, outright state the dev team is lying and engaged in a conspiracy is a bit beyond the pale, and that's not skepticism or feedback, that's simply slander. So lets stop that, ok?
    funcom dont want feedback ,they dont want any diskutions on the forums , they dont want to hear what the player base has to say, they just dont care about us .

there plans when it comes to the 12m pay for getting in to beta testing is that they now that they will have atleast someone that will play 1 year from now .

as it is now i dont want to give funcom any money at all , they dont deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Yes, save the newbie areas!

I'm already very sad that the "real" player cities are replaced by instanced versions.
    It's just not the same, even though I understand the technical reasons for it.

Losing the old newbie areas would further diminish the character of the game, so please keep them in there for sentimental old farts like me.
    That was really for the best, those cities were just horrible eye sores that ruined the look of the games maps.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

I seriously hope yas send me a beta key, I enjoyed the TSW CB and was happy to participate in it. I got a lifetime there, and Ive been in AO since like 06?

Addendum: Can someone from FC post where any emails would be sourcing from so I can make sure they in my safe sender list so I don't loose a possible invite to the spam box? thxs
    Last edited by Gannamede; Dec 11th, 2013 at 17:24:51.

they have no way of telling if month to month payers are non-committal or just broke, so it's a safer direction I guess to put the people with the most to lose for not honoring the agreement, first. regardless of what we think it makes smart business sense to pad the incomes a bit as well by giving people most interested an incentive to show seriousness in being part of the beta. morally sketchy, business smart, it's what you'd expect from any company concerned with staying viable first. sometimes being nice doesn't keep the lights on.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

They let the roleplayers that are left in first, and both of us are having a blast
    Just kidding, I havent played in months, just poped in to say hi
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Gannamede View Post
    I enjoyed the TSW CB and was happy to participate in it.
    You did agree to the NDA there. Did you read it too?
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

TSW NDA was lifted on 2012-06-21 onward. Unless he states he was part of it before that date all should be OK.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

We've heard about the engine closed beta, and seen a few screen shots how about some more official ones as the beta is now running ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    We've heard about the engine closed beta, and seen a few screen shots how about some more official ones as the beta is now running ?
    After 6+ years of development it's still so sekrit they don't dare make pictures and even less videos!

sshhhhhhhhhhhh sekrit!

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast