Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 29th of November, 2013

Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Congo rats to the dev team. And invite me. Chao.
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ‘Se habla espaρol!

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    I'm really sad to see that another areas with high nostalgic value (at least for the truly veteran players still around) will be gone forever with 18.7. Is there absolutely no way to somehow, eventually, revive / convert the Arrival Hall, the ICC Shuttleport and the Shadowlands Training Biodome into publicly available areas which can be visited by everyone regardless of level, for old times' sake?
    they should open up the old school areas as legacy playgrounds where the ghosts of old players run around randomly failing to gank the low level mobs and them complaining about it not being their fault because the mobs are OP.

seriously, the first part of that would be cool ^^ AND we'd have to take a long swim to noob isle
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

The back yards are still there, why not rest?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

I can see it now...

We are starting gradually with the Closed Beta invitations. As a token of our appreciation, those who have signed up for 12 month Membership plans will be given the highest priority and those with 6 months plans the second highest.

2 weeks later FC closes AO. Kthxbye.

I would be wary of this, it smells like poo

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    We are starting gradually with the Closed Beta invitations. As a token of our appreciation, those who have signed up for 12 month Membership plans will be given the highest priority and those with 6 months plans the second highest.

2 weeks later FC closes AO. Kthxbye.

I would be wary of this, it smells like poo
    Mixed feelings.. About time the ball started rolling, a lot of bugs will be found quicker than internal testing, overall things can move along smoothly, allowing the Developers to sort things out their end free from testing.

Seriously though, priority is given to people who subbed longer??? so people like myself who've played 7-8 years on and off aren't appreciated, we don't matter? and people who've played longer, who come back for a sub 1-2 months at a time on one month recurring subs just get screwed over and not treated equally.. sounds just about right, Funcom should know they have a great dedicated player base... who have been VERY Loyal with Funcom regarding balance/engine update.

Or is this another spin on milking more money out of people.. 1month subs (over priced) item shop and stuff sold there, now if you sign up for 12month sub or 6month you get a "chance" to beta test, correct me if I'm mislead..seriously..
    Last edited by Legion84; Nov 29th, 2013 at 19:49:08.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

At least Blizzard had the decency to guarantee beta access with a year's sub.

Oh.. wow! Just like the US tax system! The rich not only get a discount, but get better gifts... NICE...Wait.. I cant afford a 12/6 month sub at once if i want to eat and have a place to live.. OH WELL!

GL with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    At least Blizzard had the decency to guarantee beta access with a year's sub.
    With FC you have access to the Testserver. It's pretty much the same in terms of readiness and from QA's PoV.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

If an old player activates for 3months for bout xmas, will I have the right to play beta @ my xmas holiday in Jan?

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsiholist View Post
    If an old player activates for 3months for bout xmas, will I have the right to play beta @ my xmas holiday in Jan?
    Erm no.. 12months sub gives best chance, then 6months.. anything else then you wait till it's launched I guess..

So a guy who never played AO before, comes along subs for 12months gets beta access while veterans on smaller subs get nothing despite playing 10years+ not to mention AoC or TsW they may have invested in due to playing AO first..
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Qualinas
    You're kinda slow, aren't you, Mr. Nov09?

Well, its not everyday when I google for funcom or access funcom.com.
    Oh noes j00 want me to bring my "Join date: 2004" main to pwn yo? lols @ forum pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    As a token of our appreciation, those who have signed up for 12 month Membership plans will be given the highest priority and those with 6 months plans the second highest.
    How nice, I'll show my appreciation of this by canceling my running subscription

I think "As a token of our appreciation" sounds like "Accounting demanded we find a way to monetize access to the beta".

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    With FC you have access to the Testserver. It's pretty much the same in terms of readiness and from QA's PoV.
    With Blizz you get access to the Public Test Realm. Testserver is a bad argument when the original point is about betas.

as someone with 5 paid accts all on yearly basis 3 of which date back 8-10 yrs, i have not received any beta link on any of the accts. so either its happening to people with older configs first to figure out what the bugs are or not really happening and still vaporware.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    So a guy who never played AO before, comes along subs for 12months gets beta access while veterans on smaller subs get nothing despite playing 10years+ not to mention AoC or TsW they may have invested in due to playing AO first..
    yeah, I think that would be pretty important tbh. why would you want to exclude the possibility of getting new player input. altho I do not agree with how this is being done, I think new player input would be just as important as ours.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Jesus, stop bloody complaining? I find someone paying 12 months (and playing 12 months) more loyal than some guy who decides to pay one month every year or so, am I wrong?

Be happy they finally announce a beta, I mean, that's a milestone right there!

Also, it is probably the easiest way to hand out beta-keys, instead of checking every players subscription history.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I love it that I'm in the army :P ccl about paying accs and getting a beta invite ^^
    Ciassene

Phasefront and Pre-Order Hoverchair

From "New content available in the Closed Beta":

The phasefront display area has been removed from Newland.
    Toni Akseli, on the Phasefront platform, gives out the Westerlund Loungemaster (hoverchair) to those who pre-ordered the Legacy of the Xan Booster Pack. It's account-wide, so I've always been able to get one on any new characters I've made on both of my accounts. Where would I go to get that, once Phasefront is gone?

Nice, super busy :S
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

W00t, great update. ...about time actually.
    Included - lvl 153 Trader

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast