Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 29th of November, 2013

I'm not mad

But yaeh, Autohead probably hits the nail on the head
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    They don't really want to test, they just want to see the newer but still horribly outdated graphics since it took them so dang long.
    That is true for some, others might wanna test.. Anyway, the PR decision stating that 12 months have priority is a god awful one.

Also, with new gfx engine, will FC keep up with time and even out the difference between currency rates ? I'm sure they won't after all this time but whatever..

I think it's funny to see how people sometimes complain about FC not caring about vets, and other times (like this) complain that they do.

If other games are any indication at all, there'd probably be an open beta at some point before launch anyway.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

My problem with the beta invite problem is that they announced the sign up would be opened as they got closer to the beta happening. Um what the heck happened to the sign up process?
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    I think it's funny to see how people sometimes complain about FC not caring about vets, and other times (like this) complain that they do.

If other games are any indication at all, there'd probably be an open beta at some point before launch anyway.
    Isn't the point that ppl are trying to make, that FC by giving 1 year subscribers access first, seem to value them over someone who may have played 10+ years, in case they are using monthly payments or whatever?

@Lheann: The beta sign up is open since september (Under Special Offers and Upgrades).
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    My problem with the beta invite problem is that they announced the sign up would be opened as they got closer to the beta happening. Um what the heck happened to the sign up process?
    You mean this? Monthly Development Update - 3rd September 2013
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I could care less. I am just glad they are actually starting the beta.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

I would do anything for the beta, but I wont do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I would do anything for the beta, but I wont do that.
    Come on! Only the tip?! PLEASE!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Armus View Post
    Isn't the point that ppl are trying to make, that FC by giving 1 year subscribers access first, seem to value them over someone who may have played 10+ years, in case they are using monthly payments or whatever?
    on top of that people with monthy subscription are paying like 50% more or so.

if it was up to me id have made it depending on total money spent on ao. :O (no ive never ever bought nothing from itemstore^^)
    Last edited by slythea; Dec 7th, 2013 at 17:22:11.

I have been playing from 05 and I have also read each and every post on wall after engine promise. Haven΄t been playing for a while now since my IRL friends quited for boring no patches etc.

I think if I have waited something for like 6 years Im ok to pay for it and also continue playing now when there is something cool and new stuff. Hope the best for the future of AO and also hope to get my friends also back to play.

- I can give it an another try, do you?

Please spare the Beach Leets! Keep ICC island accessible through some means, much like we can still visit the original backyards, for novelty's sake.

I'd also like the original Shadowlands starting area to remain accessible, even if you cannot start there. The content is there, right? Why remove a thing that players could visit, if they wanted to?

Holy **** I can't believe this is really going to happen!!! The new engine is coming! I feel bad for being so negative all this time! This is awesome! I don't care if I don't get into beta. I want to see the finished live product! Awesome job devs!!!

EDIT: Is there a guesstimate on the end date of the NDA? Would love to see screenshots and footage!
    Last edited by Gargle; Dec 7th, 2013 at 23:42:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimenian View Post
    Please spare the Beach Leets! Keep ICC island accessible through some means, much like we can still visit the original backyards, for novelty's sake.

I'd also like the original Shadowlands starting area to remain accessible, even if you cannot start there. The content is there, right? Why remove a thing that players could visit, if they wanted to?
    Yes. And also bring the old start hall. Just for free access. No need to have it as start up point
    Omni Soldier 220/30/70
    Alt: Chemineer - Omni engineer 220/23/64
    Alt: Chemitor - Omni doctor 220/26/70
    Alt: Chemicrat - Omni Crat 220/20/46
    Alt: Chemysicist - Omni MP 220/17/18
    Alt: Chemitech - Omni NT 220/13/52
    Alt: Chemiforcer - Omni Enforcer 220/16/20
    Alt: Chemiture - Omni Adventurer 220/16/36
    Alt: Chemi007 - Omni Agent 150/12/11
    Alt: Chemikeeper - Omni Keeper 7/0/1
    Member of Core (Former Horizon, Former Nemesis of Chaos, Former United, former Legion, former The BlackHand,former Elysium, former Rubi-Ka Elite Force)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...v/exercise.png

A lot of people have beta invites by now, I'm pretty sure.

If they were, I'm pretty sure they couldn't say, because they'd be under NDA.
    Last edited by wonderland; Dec 8th, 2013 at 03:29:28.
    "Remember me? The one you got your technique from?"
    The worst possible response you could give when asked for proof of your statements.

Don't forget 2 update the default settings for the client with NPE.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

I've always purchased 12 month recurring, yet I has no invite? Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Dimenian View Post

Yes, save the newbie areas!

I'm already very sad that the "real" player cities are replaced by instanced versions.
    It's just not the same, even though I understand the technical reasons for it.

Losing the old newbie areas would further diminish the character of the game, so please keep them in there for sentimental old farts like me.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
    A lot of people have beta invites by now, I'm pretty sure.

If they were, I'm pretty sure they couldn't say, because they'd be under NDA.
    Because of that NDA, I have reasons to believe that this is all a scam. No new engine, no testers, no beta. An NDA for working at fixing bugs on a beta engine that's like 8 years old already? Come on...
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast