Thread: Serious problem with AI ship aliens getting stuck in walls

Serious problem with AI ship aliens getting stuck in walls

For the third time in 2 days ive had alien mobs, bosses and admirals getting stuck inside walls where i cannot get to them. First time i was lucky enough it wasnt until the admiral and my pets were able to attack them. Went through like 10 carlos+ceos.

Second and third time no such luck, mobs were getting stuck while spawning which meant spawning wouldnt continue and i cant get the admiral.

I petitioned once and got the gm to kill them but the next wave just got stuck again. Wasnt sitting on petition for another hour.

Any chance this is getting fixed soon FC? I've probably had 90% at minimum of raids in the past month or two end up being cut short due to this. After multiple petitions, all I'm told is "Sorry, I can't progress it any further but this issue is being investigated."

Annnnnnnd bump. Any chance this is being looked in to?

Bump for a bug causing gameplay to be unplayable...

Hey FC, maybe this is the type of thing you can at least acknowledge, even if you don't have a fix date yet.
    Proud Member of Paradise

They are to busy being "technical" :P . Fixing collusion detection on mobs is not a problem, but i think they struggle with the server / cs client sync collides, this is something that cant be fixed over night, and that is why they are quiet about this. Give them some time to " swim."

This hasn't been happening to me at all and i've been farming heavily, 5-logged no less.

Ok .. now it did happen to me mobs inside walls of ship boss room... why?

Aaaaand bump. Decided to try some more after some months and see if this is resolved....ofc it is NOT.

Just wastes my time getting into ship then partway through they're all stuck.

Seriously guys? I know FC is slow to respond to things (unless they're exploits ofc pff) but this is a game breaking thing for a major aspect of gameplay. Ship raids are worthless as it stands. Further raising the cost of 240+ bots.

I always did hate ground raids, 25 minutes of slow killing between waves. Something to suffer through to get to the better ship. Now ship is worthless.

/end rant. But seriously, get this fixed.

bump, finally had it happen to me

Used to be easy to fix if you had a pet profession with you. "/pet hunt" would let the pets attack the mobs, thus getting them out of the walls. Of course with "/pet hunt" being removed... well, crud.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

You can still target them, just can't attack them. Pets can be sent to attack however without /pet hunt. Leaving your characters a few meters from the side bosses also gets your characters warped to the boss enabling you to attack them (although moving will get you out of the wall again). The summoned char will be out of los to characters outside so if it needs healing you will have to step back out.

Pretty easy workarounds to the bug with a pet prof present, however if you don't have one you'll have to petition.

bumpy bumpy, happened to us last night. Ergo struck the ship, causing it to move, tho the aliens didn't move with it
    Was fun to be warped inside the wall, to get a closer look at the aliens.

I told aliumz to do /stuck but they went in pande :O
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

And over 8 months since my original post FC still has done NOTHING about this. Why wont you people fix this serious issue?!?

Also exactly what did you do to get warped paf? I stood all different distances and nothing could get me warped.

And I have pets, but no i cant target them.

This is an ooooold problem that FC ignores/or can not fix.
    It is the same like bugged BS.
    I am fed up doing quest for collecting trash in Borealis because FC is unable to fix bugged BS !!!
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Has this been fixed yet? About to start farming alien ship raids. Last time I did them (about a year ago) I was experiencing the issue of aliens getting stuck in walls.. just don't want to waste more time. Can anyone confirm whether or not they've experienced this bug as of late?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I'm curious exactly how the mobs are getting stuck because of the many thousands of AI raids i've done over the years, i've never ever seen this. Got any screenies of this?
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    I'm curious exactly how the mobs are getting stuck because of the many thousands of AI raids i've done over the years, i've never ever seen this. Got any screenies of this?
    I don't have any screen shots but it isn't something I am making up. I did 6 ship raids last year and half of them had this issue so I stopped doing ship raids. The last time it happened the guys that I was with had a program that allowed them to warp into a wall and they were able to kill the aliens. The other 2 times that it happened prior, none of us had that program so we basically had to abandon the raid.

As far as I can remember it was happening for many years (rarely). Seems that you used to be able to do /pet hunt to kill the aliens before they removed that function. Maybe I had really bad luck but half of the ship raids having the problem gave me the impression that something got broke in a patch. I was just wondering if that 'something' got fixed.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I only ask due to the sheer number of raids i've done over the years and I felt like I was missing out.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Yeah I spoke to an orgmate that does an enormous amount of raids and he's never once had this issue. Yet I, and Traderjill have this frequently. Strange.