Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of December, 2013

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Monchil View Post
    Not directed at you personally, but I really wouldn't blame them if they didn't care. The amount of vitriol spewed by many of you is highly undeserved considering the resources the development team has to work with. And yet they plug away trying to make the best of the game as it is. I don't pretend to speak for the people working on this game but if I were them I'd feel highly under appreciated and discouraged at this point considering they try and try and are still considered liars who break promises and ignore us. Of course they've never made any promises but that's conveniently ignored. It's a wonder they haven't told you all to go pound salt.

Respectfully submitted.
    I totally agree with this post and also realize that for the most part the people who post here are only complaining and not thankful for the progress that AO developers have made and are making even with limited staff. I usually only check this thread when its new because by page 3 or 4 the same gripers are complaining again. Sheesh. Give it a break and leave if you don't like the game. Its no wonder so many developers leave. I am in retail sales and if all I got from my customers for feedback was this kind of poop even though I was doing my best, I'd move on too.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    I totally agree with this post and also realize that for the most part the people who post here are only complaining and not thankful for the progress that AO developers have made and are making even with limited staff. I usually only check this thread when its new because by page 3 or 4 the same gripers are complaining again. Sheesh. Give it a break and leave if you don't like the game. Its no wonder so many developers leave. I am in retail sales and if all I got from my customers for feedback was this kind of poop even though I was doing my best, I'd move on too.
    Thanksgiving was a while ago.... If you were selling something and the thing they bought from someone working at your company not working there anymore were delayed and delayed and you got no indication on when it would actually be delivered, would you not get complaints ?

We've given them feedback for a very long time, and they decided to scrap rebalance and ignore alot of fixes that needs to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Thanksgiving was a while ago.... If you were selling something and the thing they bought from someone working at your company not working there anymore were delayed and delayed and you got no indication on when it would actually be delivered, would you not get complaints ?

We've given them feedback for a very long time, and they decided to scrap rebalance and ignore alot of fixes that needs to be made.
    You are certainly entitled to your opinion , however, it is an "opinion" just as mine is. In retail customers who are not happy with the service they are getting don't try long to get results they desire they simply go to another vendor. Instead of complaining and griping all the time why don't you do the same? By the way I have not seen anything about scrapping the rebalance even though I could care less about it as I only do PVM. That only bothers PVPers who appear to be the loudest gripers on this forum although it is doubtful that PVPers even account for half the player base. Also the "fixes" you are referring to, whatever they are do not affect myself or any of my org mates game play in any noticeable way but if these things bother you please leave . This griping is counterproductive.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion , however, it is an "opinion" just as mine is. In retail customers who are not happy with the service they are getting don't try long to get results they desire they simply go to another vendor. Instead of complaining and griping all the time why don't you do the same? By the way I have not seen anything about scrapping the rebalance even though I could care less about it as I only do PVM. That only bothers PVPers who appear to be the loudest gripers on this forum although it is doubtful that PVPers even account for half the player base. Also the "fixes" you are referring to, whatever they are do not affect myself or any of my org mates game play in any noticeable way but if these things bother you please leave . This griping is counterproductive.
    1. Maaany players have left the game during the years. And it shows in AO's population graph. How much longer do you think they can go on with constant drop in paying customers? I'm sure both of you still left in few years would still be happy, but AO's financials wouldn't

2. Many of the fixes people expect from the rebalance are actually for PvM. Making some professions usable (think keeper, MA, etc) instead of the holy trinity doc-crat-sold/enfo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    1. Maaany players have left the game during the years. And it shows in AO's population graph. How much longer do you think they can go on with constant drop in paying customers? I'm sure both of you still left in few years would still be happy, but AO's financials wouldn't

2. Many of the fixes people expect from the rebalance are actually for PvM. Making some professions usable (think keeper, MA, etc) instead of the holy trinity doc-crat-sold/enfo, etc.
    Link to that graph please.

Link to that graph please.
    http://imgur.com/LfI6YKc. Starts from about Feb 2011 iirc (too bad I don't have older data saved). The jump about a year ago is the merge (prior to that the graph is from rk1 only), the jump week or two ago I'm not sure as I no longer really play - someone mentioned few veterans coming back to check engine maybe? Or some sort of technical thing - or both. {Disclaimer/note to mods: This is not any official data from FC, I'm posting material from private source I have access to}

Anyway, the big point: our population now with merged servers is roughly equal to that of single server 3 years ago. So with 3 years -50% population and (estimate) likely about the same -% of devs on AO. I don't think I need to tell what happens if the trend doesn't change.

Also, Vaughn, do understand: Many of us you see "complaining" here just want to see the game get back on its feet again. I played it for 9 years and would love to continue to do so with the many great people I met during the years - if only the game was worth it again. That's the reason for my complaints at least, and it's kinda easy to see that same goes for many others.

All I want are my toons playable. If I log in with a mp, agent or keeper its like playing someone with a disease the CDC wants to put in quarantine. It does wonders to help lower your self esteem. If you want to know what its like to be garbage play one of those its so much misery. If you want to know what bias and discrimination are play those for a while you will get to experience lots of it.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    All I want are my toons playable. If I log in with a mp, agent or keeper its like playing someone with a disease the CDC wants to put in quarantine. It does wonders to help lower your self esteem. If you want to know what its like to be garbage play one of those its so much misery. If you want to know what bias and discrimination are play those for a while you will get to experience lots of it.
    You aren't impressing the right people with your keeper then. Its quite easy once your name is out there. Word of mouth and referrals pretty much fuel this game in terms of teaming
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    You aren't impressing the right people with your keeper then. Its quite easy once your name is out there. Word of mouth and referrals pretty much fuel this game in terms of teaming
    I don't give a damn about impressing anyone or the garbage man since its been sitting at logon for years where it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunktion View Post
    Excellent post. You just pointed out one of AO's main problems.

complaints of any kind, from anyone, are indeed IN PLACE. FC team, no metter how small or big, doesn't listen to players, there are NONE fixes to things that I am aware of and were promised to be repaired years ago. Basicly, since few years, there was none important update to gameplay. Yet, this game reuires to pay for all features, and its most expensive game on market - so, I don't think that we SHOULD BE nice to company, we PAY for play, and we get screwed as a customers.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    complaints of any kind, from anyone, are indeed IN PLACE. FC team, no metter how small or big, doesn't listen to players, there are NONE fixes to things that I am aware of and were promised to be repaired years ago. Basicly, since few years, there was none important update to gameplay. Yet, this game reuires to pay for all features, and its most expensive game on market - so, I don't think that we SHOULD BE nice to company, we PAY for play, and we get screwed as a customers.
    As I said before if you don't like what you are getting feel free to leave, I have been a paying customer for 9 years and I am happy with what I get so don't pretend to represent the entire player base with your complaints. Also when you refer to things not being fixed that were promised to be fixed "years ago" you need to please give examples not just vent. As for most expensive MMO, hmm it also has the best content and best gameplay as far as I'm concerned. If it is too much for you to pay please read my first sentence. Have a nice day

As I said before if you don't like what you are getting feel free to leave, I have been a paying customer for 9 years and I am happy with what I get so don't pretend to represent the entire player base with your complaints. Also when you refer to things not being fixed that were promised to be fixed "years ago" you need to please give examples not just vent. As for most expensive MMO, hmm it also has the best content and best gameplay as far as I'm concerned. If it is too much for you to pay please read my first sentence. Have a nice day
    Plan on playing this as a single player game? You will be... Look at the date on this document.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=595404 nov 18 2011.

As I said before, that "if you don't like this there's the door" attitude hasn't really worked. Sure you can't please everyone, but did you even check the graph you wanted to see? AO is losing players way faster than gaining new. Now, with the engine/NPE "relaunch" it will have it's one chance to get on track - but I fail to see how the new players are going to stick around any better than the ones who have already taken the door, if some of the fundamental problems aren't fixed.

AO didn't exactly get stellar reputation with its original launch, failing again with this try will be the final nail. The game just have to be playable for the new folks it wishes to attract.

Guys, please stop bickering about who should or shouldn't be here, or what opinions should or shouldn't be expressed. As long as the opinions are (mostly) polite, they are welcome and encouraged.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post

This is largely NOT accurate. I could point out hundreds of things they have done to alter the game due to demand/outcry etc etc. They HAVE listened to players on many items. They may not have had the resources to do what the player base wanted. Since such a reply like 'we want to do this but funcom won't allocate funds' makes the company, employees, and the game look bad. I imagine the remaining staff would like to keep their employment.

I could start some massive block'o'text on fixes they have done. I would, however, implore you to read the patch notes starting with what Means changed to now. (apf bounty nerf is one thing that was aimed at fixing the economy whether you specifically liked it is opinion)

On a side note: I uninstalled AO for the first time in 13 years >< (ssd's suxxor)

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    This is largely NOT accurate. I could point out hundreds of things they have done to alter the game due to demand/outcry etc etc. They HAVE listened to players on many items. They may not have had the resources to do what the player base wanted. Since such a reply like 'we want to do this but funcom won't allocate funds' makes the company, employees, and the game look bad. I imagine the remaining staff would like to keep their employment.

I could start some massive block'o'text on fixes they have done. I would, however, implore you to read the patch notes starting with what Means changed to now. (apf bounty nerf is one thing that was aimed at fixing the economy whether you specifically liked it is opinion)

On a side note: I uninstalled AO for the first time in 13 years >< (ssd's suxxor)
    Well, they acknowledged there was a problem with the economy with the bounty nerf, and after that didnt help, nothing have been done about the economy. It's worse than it has ever been and if AO is gonna have a future for new players something has to be done right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennypacker View Post
    Well, they acknowledged there was a problem with the economy with the bounty nerf, and after that didnt help, nothing have been done about the economy. It's worse than it has ever been and if AO is gonna have a future for new players something has to be done right about now.
    The reasons for the current state of inflation were unintended bugs that were over used by machiavellian type players (can't blame them really). The fix could potentially be worse, however. There were 2 instances that I know of after the bounty-nerf. (hope this don't get my thread removed since its common player knowledge)

About all they can do is make it easier to obtain the high credit items, but that would probably lose subs. (I do hope they do make sweeping changes for steam-era to help displace the have vs. have-nots)

I'd like to see some weekly quest like kill all 3 apf generals and get a bot quest line.
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Jan 20th, 2014 at 21:19:36. Reason: dollars in ao are credits

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Hello everyone!

So, in the beginning of December, we were extremely busy trying to get a patch to the beta servers before we went on vacation. We managed to succeed with this goal and got a lot of bugs fixed. We also shipped the Christmas content to the live servers.

After a couple of vacation weeks, we are back in the office and have started to go through all the feedback that has been provided from the players who are in the closed beta. There are still a lot of bugs for us to fix and we will start working towards a new bug fix patch for the beta server.

Now that it is past mid-January ...

Any ETA on when all of us yearly active subscribers who signed up for the Beta will be getting invites?

Liwa

NEVER.
    Lose all hope.
    Leave this game if you dont like this or play it as it is if you like it too much but stop waiting those invites

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast