Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of January, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    In your opinion! I love morphs, alot of players i know love morphs. If people don't like to be morphed they don't have to be. R/click and its gone. If videos are filled with morphed people then that's only because people wanted to be morphed. If that upsets you make some videos without morphs. Its personal preference.
    They don't want to be morphed its the buff they want that matters. If the morph turned you into something from Halloween time it would be the same issue. A game where we have large groups of animals fighting for pvp real estate that is not group siege pvp its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Solcv2 View Post
    If you love Morphs so much - roll an adv

Mark
    Lol, maybe i have?? Are you telling me i don't have one or are telling me to roll another??? Don't really see the point of your post considering how clueless you are regarding the toons i have/have not.
    As it turns out... My adv is my fav toon out of all my alts at the mo. The morphs (especially parrot) help to make that so.

They don't want to be morphed its the buff they want that matters.

Obviously, the same could be said of a few things but you still have the choice to get rid of thebuff if the visual annoys you more than the gains pleases you.

If the morph turned you into something from Halloween time it would be the same issue.

Not at all. The Halloween morphs afaik don't offer ant stat gains or buff anything other than the visual character form.

A game where we have large groups of animals fighting for pvp real estate that is not group siege pvp its a joke.

Eh... Obviously the people in the video preferred the gains offered to the morph as opposed to being morphed. Like i said earlier... Make a load of videos without morphs that showcase what you feel to be good points of the game to show off to the world.

The way things are now without being morphed you are at a disadvantage in tower wars.

Lets see morphs and their buffs split into two different nanolines one that gives the morph and one that gives the buff and see how many wolves we have at tower wars?

I know a winning bet when I see it care to take a wager and make me wealthy?

I said it once I'll say it again you like your morphs fine but myself and the others are forced to look at your ugly wolf anus, even more so at towers because the buffs have become a mandatory advantage.

The first images on google are images not videos for ao tower pvp they even link to our wikipedia page it shows mass pvp in ao as a battle between dogs. You think that is a good thing? You don't think that puts ao in a very bad light? This is a sci-fi game based on technology not a supernatural/paranormal werewolf game with vampires and ghosts. There are reasons this game doesn't get new players and siege pvp being armies of wolves battling for towers are one of them. Morphs are a problem they make the game a joke if fc wants ao to grow up and compete with modern mmos and their pvp the dog wars have to go.

P.S. If I worked at fc I would edit this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A...ntrol_Area.png WooF WOof.
    Last edited by doctorgore; Feb 12th, 2014 at 17:59:53.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    The way things are now without being morphed you are at a disadvantage in tower wars.
    but that is the choice you have... to put up with the visual aspect of the morph for the sake of the benefit they offer stat wise or forsake the benefits and dont get morphed. It is really quite simple.

Lets see morphs and their buffs split into two different nanolines one that gives the morph and one that gives the buff and see how many wolves we have at tower wars?

The abilities come from the animal they have morphed into... It states on the original write up for the Adventurer that they feel at home in the wild, study the wildlife and gain some of their abilities.

Out of the morph it is the buffs to stats/ac's I like but the visual aspect is part and parcel. I like that it has the visual aspect and find it convenient that I have an obvious sign on screen that they have timed out. With many chat windows and open backpacks or fighting or what ever I dont always take note of the system messages in my default chat window. With the parrot buff cancelling as you exit the grid or enter some buildings it is a handy reminder that I need to re-cast.

I probably wont ever see how many wolves are at towers regardless of what is done with morphs due to having no interest in PVP and/or towers.

How will you ever be wealthy from that lol. Are funcom going to action upon your suggestion and allow us to settle it? just for the sake of sport perhaps lol.

I said it once I'll say it again you like your morphs fine but myself and the others are forced to look at your ugly wolf anus, even more so at towers because the buffs have become a mandatory advantage.
    Say it as many times as you want. If you want to look at anus ingame feel free but i tend to concentrate on otherthings. It probably says alot about you. Your comment totally doesnt apply to me though as i go wolf for as long as it takes to cast 2 buffs then its right click cat if im fighting for the perk and nano associated with the cat. So I highly doubt you or anyone else has seen my wolf's a'hole. Ive said it before and i'll say it again, I dont do towers so i can gaurantee that you've never seen mine at towers either. The morph bumholes takes up a tiny portion of the screen unless you have a freakishly big monitor/resolution. If I'm watching an animal show on tv and I see an animal's butt I dont question as to why its there. i dont really give it much thought at all. Its exactly the same ig.

The first images on google are images not videos for ao tower pvp they even link to our wikipedia page it shows mass pvp in ao as a battle between dogs. You think that is a good thing? You don't think that puts ao in a very bad light?
    No. Yes I get that images are images. i was on my phone and once I start writing the message I cant scroll up to re-read the previous post until im done. I dont really think it puts AO in a bad light. if it was child prostitution or trafficking or murder or some insanely evil deed then yes Id agree that it shows AO in a very bad light. That picture however ... lol... its one picture showing one view of the game. Go to google type anarchy online and hit enter. click images and that shows an awesome selection of pictures that no doubt will be seen first by most as google is the dominant search engine.

This is a sci-fi game based on technology not a supernatural/paranormal werewolf game with vampires and ghosts.
    The adventurer transforms into different creatures of Rubi-ka. A world far more technological than ours. Said adventurer transforms him/herself by way of learning programs that are run on their implanted tech. Once run, the nano program sends tiny little machines (Nanobots) coursing through their body physically changing them. Sounds pretty sci/fi to me. Also there are so many spirits in game I wouldnt know how to count them. On rk there are skeletons and walking dead. The shade is also a vampiric creature, The opifex breed has a poison it can inject into others. So to say there are no ghosts and vampires is hugely incorrect. there are all kinds of monsters from soul's to soul eaters.

Morphs are a problem they make the game a joke if fc wants ao to grow up and compete with modern mmos and their pvp the dog wars have to go.
    Purely your opinion. I dont understand what all the hating is about though as the OP states that morphs will be self only.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Hai 2u!

Adventurer morphs will no longer be possible to cast on other players and Adventurers have gotten a few special nano programs to enhance each morph, making them more situational and engaging to play.

- Genele
    That means (unless everyone rolls an adv) you wont ever get that picture again. Due to no "other" or "team" morph buffs incoming you will only ever get what ever random morphs of the advs that turn up for the event when future pics will be taken. Tower wars in future will be mainly wolf/adv free apart from any odd ones that turn up.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    snip
    Based on your third written section and your choice of words, It would say alot about me that if we had met in real life and you had made such insinuations to discredit me on this topic someone would end up unconscious and bruised laying on the floor as this is a forum welcome to ignore list.

someone would end up unconscious and bruised laying on the floor as this is a forum
    So it is true that everyone is a black belt, prize fighting tough guy on forums. Or maybe physical threats are the norm to replace witty reparte now a days.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

id love to say your the first ive heard that from lol. Alot of people say alot of things. its what they do. threats are pointless on here mate. Im not trying to fall out with you and im not insinuating anything. Just merely pointing out you seem to be focusing on it. Because you do. Its like you have two reasons for your argument.

No.1
    Interesting news yet somewhat lacking in fine details.
    The advy morph removal is "epic" and long over due. I once tried to get a friend to play ao I showed them a screenshot of 30 dogs fighting over a control tower and he said "WTF kind of garbage are you playing?" I won't miss them goodbye and good riddance.
    Did you see the picture first, like before you showed it to your friend? did you know you didnt like the picture of the dogs before you showed it him? you controlled how you advertised the game you play to your friend. not a group of conspiring advies all sat round in dog form. why didnt you show him a better picture or at least a picture that you deem is a worthy representation of the game. Thats on you. not funcom or advies. Morphed or otherwise.

And No.2
    If you want to stare at a wolf's anus while playing then do so. I won't and never will and that is the problem with morphs everyone likes the stat buffs but not the wolf ass.
    Youve mentioned it in a few posts.

I can agree with you on

If possible make morphs actually something someone would like to morphed as I suggest cat person,dog person etc as its common and most popular in culture atm. The current morphs belong in twilight... If fc can do that I'm sure people will want to be morphed and would be okay with the "need to be morphed to use" mentally of advy. Otherwise if thats not possible drop all the mandatory need to be morphed crap make them Halloween buffs as you say cause that is what they are a horror to behold as is.

I tend to think the original devs were having a contest when they designed them to see how to make the silliest and most ugly thing to put in a mmo.
    To be honest I think the devs had a massive laugh when making tyhe game. I have a crotchless dress on my engie that shows quite a lot of detail lol but you dont ever want to meet a hammerhead. they have the largest recorded bungholes on the planet of rubika.

I agree with you on the point that the morphs could be updated but I wouldnt want them to change style at all. just maybe brand new character models and maybe one that has shaggy fur that covers the bum hole. Just to please everybody like lol

Started this game around 2002...quit several times but always came back. This game has something unique that other games dont have...but for older players...it has has nothing new to offer anymore.
    I have the feeling Funcom is putting very few resources in this game currently, every development is moving at snail pace.
    A new engine wont bring me back or other old players like me...FC needs to do a major change like new PFs and the damn proffesions changes that they talk for years and nothing happens.
    Meanwhile, i think this game is dying, there is nothing to come back atm

Just so you know when you refer to others please mention a few and don't attempt to make it look like all or a majority of "others" agree with you because the don't!!

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    Just so you know when you refer to others please mention a few and don't attempt to make it look like all or a majority of "others" agree with you because the don't!!
    Just because you have become accustomed to the way things are doesn't mean that is the way it was meant or needs to be. The relative majority of this game is gone compared to five years ago. Many others do agree and have hit the cancel button instead of acceptance and forum wars.

The first images on google are images not videos for ao tower pvp they even link to our wikipedia page it shows mass pvp in ao as a battle between dogs. You think that is a good thing? You don't think that puts ao in a very bad light? This is a sci-fi game based on technology not a supernatural/paranormal werewolf game with vampires and ghosts. There are reasons this game doesn't get new players and siege pvp being armies of wolves battling for towers are one of them. Morphs are a problem they make the game a joke if fc wants ao to grow up and compete with modern mmos and their pvp the dog wars have to go.

P.S. If I worked at fc I would edit this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:A...ntrol_Area.png WooF WOof.
    I never looked on this metter in way you did, perhaps because AO is second world for me since decade, but way you have put it here make me think that you are absolutely right! I mean, morphs, which are obvious adventages and something that MUST BE, are used to extend that SciFi content is blacked out for somone, who looks at AO first time. Myself... well, If I would look for first time, I would not like it for sure... Thats a difference betwean oldies from AO, and potentialy newcomers.

Well, atleast we can talk about it, but I don't believe that FC wil change it (morphs only for self, no Leet vet, playful cub in graft...)
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Map navigation - makes sense however that was one of the edges a good twink could have vs noobs especially in some zones with high map navig requirement.
    Yer, they're dumbing down the game even more Now the maps of total noobs are equal to the best of twinks... Obtaining the most maps without spending too much IP was part of the twinking process. Having the Avalon map on a tl3 used to mean something. Especially when blinded, maps made all the difference.

Furthermore, now that swimspeed==runspeed, does that mean it's now much easier to escape a fight by exploiting the fact that you can't attack inside water? You used to be able to get a few free shots on someone who would try to swim away, so jumping in the water was a calculated risk.

This is what AO player loved
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOKv1OVXnk
    hoped ever to enter Soon™ and travel to the base where they get produced but..

all outdoor citys r gone
    no longer nomad ai raids
    no skylines

a lot is gone
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    This is what AO player loved
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOKv1OVXnk
    hoped ever to enter Soon™ and travel to the base where they get produced but..

all outdoor citys r gone
    no longer nomad ai raids
    no skylines

a lot is gone
    A lot of which was pretty terrible after the novelty wore off.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    A lot of which was pretty terrible after the novelty wore off.
    The novelty would be back, since they took them out. Windguaerd did a lot to help this game as well. (assuming it is the same guy)
    Last edited by lunarsolace; Feb 18th, 2014 at 20:46:34.

They don't want to be morphed its the buff they want that matters. If the morph turned you into something from Halloween time it would be the same issue. A game where we have large groups of animals fighting for pvp real estate that is not group siege pvp its a joke.
    funcom just screws the pooch everytime, lets force everyone down the same path like it or not

can it really be all that hard to add a morphs section to the f10 options? 1 box to block or allow morphs, 1 box to make morph visible/invisible, you know..... like helmets and pads.

the bunghole haters will be happy, and we won't have grid entrances and gmi's packed with leets or dragons.
    †IC XC†
    †NI KA†

Littlepistol 200/30/52 MP
    Idontknowu 220/30/70 MP
    Kurratica 150/20/22 Crat

“Political language ...is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.” -George Orwell

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    funcom just screws the pooch everytime, lets force everyone down the same path like it or not

can it really be all that hard to add a morphs section to the f10 options? 1 box to block or allow morphs, 1 box to make morph visible/invisible, you know..... like helmets and pads.

the bunghole haters will be happy, and we won't have grid entrances and gmi's packed with leets or dragons.
    That would be a code and avatar geometry limitation,if that is possible nobody knows maybe vhab someone close with the new engine code.

Do you even realize how OP and out of place the morphs are? You have the power at will to change anyones avatar to anything you choose without their permission. By using that ability have destroyed and conquered the pvp side of the game and turned what should be a small aspect of the game into a game breaking issue that has harmed ao's reputation and market perception by first time players and even caused who knows how much lost revenue. Not only that do to funcoms apathy and unwillingness to fix things it has ended up becoming an accepted norm which only leaves new players scratching their heads at what the hell is going on in this game.

As an example, I don't think blizz would of let druids get away with this crap and neither would the players. People don't identify with quadrupeds its simple as that.

Lets look at it this way too. Lets slap some buffs on face graft and advanced face graft and let agents have the ability to change your avatar at will and see how that goes over.

I think you are taking this issue a might bit too serious.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarsolace View Post
    the novelty would be back, since they took them out. Windguaerd did a lot to help this game as well. (assuming it is the same guy)

I'm Coming back
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 24th, 2014 at 23:09:29. Reason: removed unnecessary font changes.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post

I'm Coming back
    Somebody say your name three times in the mirror?
    Last edited by Anarrina; Feb 24th, 2014 at 23:10:30.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast