Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of January, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I recall a guy that was in my org that had a 220 keeper with some sort of setup that made him a fantastic healer.
    Not sure time frame you are refering to however it may have been before the add dmg nerf to healing that mostly MA's complained about with their perk heal from red dawn or red dusk?

With heal nano and heal aura perkline and several target perk heals when the dmg add was included yes keepers were extremely good with passive healing and target perk healing. But I think this has been changed so no more dmg adds to healing. Not sure if that is what you were referring to though.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

New MP pet casting question #2.

Would this mean that with my nano skills buffed it will automatically cast Rhiwen, but if pet is killed mid combat and I recast while debuffed it could pop out zhok instead?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Interesting New content is always welcome!

Is this turning to be some sort of nobrains game?

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    New MP pet casting question #2.

Would this mean that with my nano skills buffed it will automatically cast Rhiwen, but if pet is killed mid combat and I recast while debuffed it could pop out zhok instead?
    At lower levels this will mean that you are going to reroll your lower level meta since you won't be able to cast the redball over the onehanded cokedemon!

PS. Wondering why there is the "Hide Nano" button if you want to make it more manageable with nanos,
    Last edited by Ciassene; Jan 31st, 2014 at 23:22:45.
    Ciassene

am i blind or message "we also fixed some exploits is missing". bad behaviour from FC side imo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ciassene View Post
    Is this turning to be some sort of nobrains game?

At lower levels this will mean that you are going to reroll your lower level meta since you won't be able to cast the redball over the onehanded cokedemon!
    Will make it also mean you can not choose a lower level pet for example, ToTW or IS pet instead of higher lvl pets?

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Huge advy nerf! The masters of swimming and map navigation previously, now it's like with Insight into the Shadowlands all over again, plus teaming will be less beneficial too due to lack of morphs plus (at current state at least) effect of auras without morphs.

Maybe change the pit lizard nukes while you're making these changes so we don't need NTs anymore?

Apologies for the tone, the post is meant to be tongue in cheek even though it's still taking some things away. And as someone who used to always lug tons of swim stims around, I'll miss them, miss them dearly.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Meta-Physicist pet nanos will now cast higher level pets as your nanoskills improve, which reduces the amount of pet nanos needed. As a general rule in regards to the Systems Changes, we are trying to get the amount of nano programs down to a manageable number. The scale with nanoskill change will be the new design direction in future nano updates. So you can expect other pet nanos, nukes, heals and the like to get similar updates.
    Do we also get the notum scourge? If not, then why do you hate MPs?

So to solve endgame pvm issues you have made crates useless. Int. buffs don't stack and xp regain on every profession way to ruin another profession good luck getting a team as a crat after changes.

Adventurer morphs will no longer be possible to cast on other players and Adventurers have gotten a few special nano programs to enhance each morph, making them more situational and engaging to play.
    So ... you can't cast Morphs on others, does that include the (team) morph buffs?

Since you have Calia Wolf (Other) and Calia Wolf (Team), are you only removing the (other) or both? Since team buffs are You and 'Others' in team
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by times View Post
    So to solve endgame pvm issues you have made crates useless. Int. buffs don't stack and xp regain on every profession way to ruin another profession good luck getting a team as a crat after changes.
    Good luck getting anything but the middle finger as agent of keeper atm. It's all relative.

The Beta participants have been given the green light to discuss the Systems Changes I mentioned in my monthly newsletter, nothing else. Keep that in mind.

Truly though.. this has been posted in a monthly newsletter.
    (Edit: The runspeed increase for lowbies)
    Last edited by MrPete; Feb 1st, 2014 at 01:37:04.

The Beta participants have been given the green light to discuss the Systems Changes I mentioned in my monthly newsletter, nothing else. Keep that in mind.
    The changes to casting pets to match our nano skills rather than having separate pet nano's ... does that mean they check against our self-buffed skills, our buffed skills, or buffs plus a wrangle? I assume we still need to complete quests or otherwise for special pets like Carlita.

The nano and perk changes sound like a lot of work to coordinate. I can see why you all have been so busy lately.

Emma
    Last edited by Emma; Feb 1st, 2014 at 05:39:10.

10 years of downhill... anniversary?

the last years you promissed us that the balance will come next year.. is there any timeframe ish on the balance we waited so many years for?

and i aint intrested to hear about engine, i dont care about graphics that doesnt realy affect my gameplay when i kill a monster, do a quest, kill a player or team a player etc.
    i just wish to know a little about whats happening with the balance and if we gotta wait mounths years or to forget about the 6 years old ish promise.

Quote Originally Posted by times View Post
    crats are still nr1 DD in the game in most encounters. Even if they lose all red tapes and malayse, they'll still get recruited very often.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Everyone will get all Rubi-Ka maps and all map upgrades,
    Can u make us choose on the minimap which upgrades are active? plz

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    crats are still nr1 DD in the game in most encounters. Even if they lose all red tapes and malayse, they'll still get recruited very often.
    My idea would be let crat/ma have the init debuffs (maybe make it progressive like malp) since docs has heals and hp-buff. And instead of scaling they could make high-ql rk nanos easy obtainable since rk-missions collects dust now. Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by leetlover; Feb 1st, 2014 at 07:36:15.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

A lot of good changes here. I believe the reduction in nanos is likely to be by pet "type". For example there are "feeble ___" "Lesser___" "Greater____" So I'm assuming demon's nano will be separate to meatballs. If not, it's worth suggesting. The other side effect of these scaling nanos is it makes playing against traders much less finicky. *get drained* *heal scales down appropriately* awesome.

Movement speed is a good change, swimming always was a chore because there was so little of it in most circumstances that nobody would ever up it.. Just when you did meet a body of water with no yalm, looks like you're spending 5 minutes crossing a stream.

Can't wait to see the new advy stuff too.

Good stuff all round, I approve!

i dont wanna be the ...but i can already see the keepers at the reclaim in camelot.

and yes, i would like to have a word on the stacking of tapes and ubt/malaise as well please.

...and as usual, i do not like the overall way this is going. so the reasoning is that pvm encounters are more challenging. really? in a situation where the population is declining you want to force people to work in bigger teams? encounters dont have to be hard, they have to be interesting.

same thing for advy nano change. why?

scaling nanos. can be nice. but as well: why? isnt there like millions of other things that require workforce other than changing the way nanos work?

the last patch that really changed things for the better was the one where you made zoning faster. i can't even remember who was the game director back then. and ever since...what nomad said.
    Last edited by Xootch; Feb 1st, 2014 at 08:28:12.

In my head the new changes to pets will just change their level depending on the casters skills. I doubt we'll see them jump a step in the nano chain. Like Carlita is now but based on MC/TS most likely.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast