Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird glitches

Weird glitches

So I wanted today to play (first time after a couple of months) and this is what I got:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2ch5...8#.Uu5uDvl_uT8

I didn't do anything to my pc, drivers for both video cards are up-to-date.
    Anyone has any tips how to solve it ?

specs: windows 8, i7, ssd, 8gb ddr3, geforce gt740 + intel hd 4000

LSD trip O.o
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

http://forums.anarchyonline.com/showthread.php?t=608010

Same problem I'm having.

I think its probably because you're using the intel hd 4000, if you can force the geforce on instead you should be plain sailing. Unfortunately I only have integrated graphics!

Basically, Windows 8.1 hates everything.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    Basically, Windows 8.1 hates everything.
    i'm using windows 8, not 8.1
    i've been using it for almost a year and ao worked just fine
    is the first time playing on 18.6.11 so i guess this update messed up things

8.1 is what hated it, for me.
    Windows 8 hates almost as much.
    I'm Batman.

Had the same issue. Resolved it by r-clicking the exe program and press 'run with graphicsprocessor' and then choose my geforce gfx card instead of the default intel one.

Think this issue usually comes when you have two different graphics cards.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Had the same issue. Resolved it by r-clicking the exe program and press 'run with graphicsprocessor' and then choose my geforce gfx card instead of the default intel one.

Think this issue usually comes when you have two different graphics cards.
    Fairly sure the issue is the intel card not the fact there's two cards.

I only have the intel card and unfortunately can't escape from the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    8.1 is what hated it, for me.
    Windows 8 hates almost as much.
    Just to keep adding information in case a dev reads/cares - I've tried both Windows 7 and Windows 8 (and 8.1) to no avail. Same issue with all the operating systems.

It's something to do with Intel graphics cards and old games.
    It wouldn't play GTA San Andreas either for me.
    I'm Batman.

working as intended id say

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    working as intended id say
    true story

Blame intel for making crap drivers. Or just, you know, don't use non-gaming videocards for gaming.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Isnt that how the game is supposed to look like??

Same issue on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet, also an Intel HD card. Annoying, but since all I really do is check GMI but not a gamebreaker for me. I would be busting some heads if that happened on my gaming rig tho.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Fixed it, on my tablet at least - everything must be set to 16 bit color. Set textures to 16bit only, and make sure your resolution is WHATEVERxWHATEVERx16. The ground still disappears at times, but the red grids are gone and FPS now sits at an even 40ish.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Hello, I post here because I have the exact same problem, under an asus i7 with an intel HD graphics family dualed with a GF 840m on windows 8.1

I have tried everything I found on the forums, ran the game in window mode, borderless in 16 bit colours, tried with all the options in settings, 3D T&L, RGB emulation, just the 3D on both my HD intel and the 'main device', since the gf 840m doesn't seem to be recognized.

I tried to desactivate the intel HD, the graphics are then ok but I then drop to 6 fps, so it's not playable. I tried different drivers for both cards, reinstalled AO 5 times in different locations, nothing worked...

I'm about to give up so if you have any idea or a solution please enlight me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdwarf View Post
    Hello, I post here because I have the exact same problem, under an asus i7 with an intel HD graphics family dualed with a GF 840m on windows 8.1

I have tried everything I found on the forums, ran the game in window mode, borderless in 16 bit colours, tried with all the options in settings, 3D T&L, RGB emulation, just the 3D on both my HD intel and the 'main device', since the gf 840m doesn't seem to be recognized.

I tried to desactivate the intel HD, the graphics are then ok but I then drop to 6 fps, so it's not playable. I tried different drivers for both cards, reinstalled AO 5 times in different locations, nothing worked...

right click AO -> Run with graphics processor -> High-performance NVIDIA processor

this is how i start my game... if i double click AO to start normally, it will start with integrated video card, not with the dedicated one

p.s.: i'm running AO in windowed mode, i dont really know if that counts
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Tried that already, didn't work either.
    ※※※※※※

Shadowdwarf - 182 (6) Atrox Agent
    Evilcreator - 147 (5) Opifex Engineer
    Yoshizuki - 145 (0) Solitus Soldier
    Ultimatefist - 86 (2) Solitus Martial Artist
    Angeldrain - 51 (2) Solitus Trader

Proud Members of Coven of Hunters

※※※※※※

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdwarf View Post

Any update on this? I currently have the same issue as you describe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast