Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Meta-Physicist NPE Nano Changes - Part II

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    18.7.0.22 Stealth (undocumented) Buff/ Bug Fix: The 120 MA added to Touch of Poison has been changed to Add All Offense, and works now. Cool, thanks Michizure!
    Awsome change, for us, but it puts things like traderdrains into perspective.
    It seems lite raising the ma skill of the pet does absolutely nothings to the damage witch in turn means that a trader draining ma skills from a mob also does absoluely nothing (aao is going to be removed fromdrains no?)

Now, this might be worth invesigating further and brought to michis attention.
    It could also be that it has nothing to do with mobs ingame and only affecting pet(s), but that's not something we easily can check i think.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I remember topic long ago about engi pets (and pets and npc's in general). Conclusion was that pets are like npc, they don't have any actual weapon skill, only aao. Their weapons scale off aao component of ar. That is the reason only aao modifiers work on them. Any buff/debuff of weapon skill on npc/pet is useless.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Oh, and DigitalBath, thank you for the explanation of what changed on MIGL. Funny bug, that.

Channel Rage now has a 2 hour duration.

Improved Anticipation of Retaliation: 120 duck/dodge/evade, self only, 4 hour duration, costs 8,000 VP.

Soothing Spirits perk actions have had their recharge halved from 40 seconds to 20 seconds.

Sacrificial Shielding is now on a 4 minute line cool down rather than a 3 minute cool down.

SoZ nerfed from 910 AAD to 800 AAD and from 210 NR to 200 NR.

Beneficial/Hostility Scourge nanos have been separated into their own nanolines.

Notum Rejection will cancel running Nano Cost buffs.

Starfall attack perk actions execute more quickly now (1 second Combust, 1.5 Seconds Thermal Detonation, 2 second Supernova), and Supernova is on a 60 second rather than 90 second lockout. However, Supernova's damage was nerfed very heavily, from 3,982-7,396 to 1,925-3,150. On the up side, you can use all three attack perks on cool down now, and the chain takes 6.5 seconds rather than the 13 it used to take.

All in all, a mixed bag, and not entirely what I was hoping for - we weren't doing so well before that nerfs were needed to offset the welcome and much needed buffs. On the whole though, a slight buff to the profession, particularly for non 1hb MPs. Not sure SoZ needed to be nerfed quite that much - dual SoZ builds are down a total of 160 defense and 20 NR. The longer lockout on Sacrificial Shielding hurts. That's a real problem for PvP. We needed the 3 minute lockout to defend against Mongo Rage alphas. The increased pet damage and extra 1,950 healing/nano restoration a minute are quite nice though.

So, all in all, we'll be better than where we've been, but not yet where we need to be. Considering how the last many years have gone, I appreciate "better" though. "Better" is nice.
    Last edited by JustinSane4; Mar 20th, 2015 at 02:26:34.

Specific profession changes coming up in next two patches though, so he's not done.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post

Channel Rage now has a 2 hour duration.

Improved Anticipation of Retaliation: 120 duck/dodge/evade, self only, 4 hour duration, costs 8,000 VP.

Soothing Spirits perk actions have had their recharge halved from 40 seconds to 20 seconds.

Sacrificial Shielding is now on a 4 minute line cool down rather than a 3 minute cool down.

SoZ nerfed from 910 AAD to 800 AAD and from 210 NR to 200 NR.

Beneficial/Hostility Scourge nanos have been separated into their own nanolines.

Notum Rejection will cancel running Nano Cost buffs.

Starfall attack perk actions execute more quickly now (1 second Combust, 1.5 Seconds Thermal Detonation, 2 second Supernova), and Supernova is on a 60 second rather than 90 second lockout. However, Supernova's damage was nerfed very heavily, from 3,982-7,396 to 1,925-3,150. On the up side, you can use all three attack perks on cool down now, and the chain takes 6.5 seconds rather than the 13 it used to take.
    1 - YAY
    2 - Meh. It is suposed to be AT LEAST +300...
    3 - Awesome. But probably not enough.
    4 - Is tha tied with 4min cool down on Mongo Rage? If not. WAT TEH ****.
    5 - Expected.
    6 - YAY
    7 - UBER YAY
    8 - So so. Did they dropped the def check as well?

Thats my opnion.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

EDIT: Did some perk test on testserver and...

1 - Starfall perks damage type is now same as weapon equipped.
    2 - Clearsight def check changed from 110% dodge to 100% (pretty minor to be true). I think it also changed to do same damage type as weapon equipped. Auto has no bow with non disease damage.
    3 - Alien Crossbow does disease damage (since when? O.o)
    4 - I have no memory about it but... CoNC perks damage type is also weapons ones.

The other 2 Ranger perk actions still does their chem and energy damage though.

Basicaly, many of our perks does weapon damage type now. Obviously we still cannot land then on PVP.
    Last edited by lainbr; Mar 20th, 2015 at 20:27:05.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Having Notum Rejection to cancel Nano Cost buffs is a bit silly change and totally unneeded one. We would have better use for it if it were to debuff NR, for a change.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

So Notum Rejection will be useless on profs that have capped nanocost (or close to) since there is no nanobuff to cancel, that needs some work imo

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    So Notum Rejection will be useless on profs that have capped nanocost (or close to) since there is no nanobuff to cancel, that needs some work imo
    Dont forget the 130% NR check Btw, it is far less useless than before, cause... you know, it only canceled the NaCost buffage. Now at least it reallys debuff the intented value, which is absurdly low in end game.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink

Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with

Quote Originally Posted by lainbr View Post
    Dont forget the 130% NR check Btw, it is far less useless than before, cause... you know, it only canceled the NaCost buffage. Now at least it reallys debuff the intented value, which is absurdly low in end game.
    I'm not sure if i'm getting this backwards, i can't really test it since auto 2.0 does not seem to give the nano, assuming this is the nano that has been boosted http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=29308
    Wasen't able to find it in the hub either so i'm guessing that's the one, will have to wait for the rip of .23

In any case, if i understand it correctly it's suppoed to remove the -nano cost buff from a player, so i was assuming that if said player does not have a -cost buff the debuff would effectively do nothing.
    If it however where to debuff something like -100 on nanocost even if you're capped at 45/50/55 depending on your breed you'de suffer

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    I'm not sure if i'm getting this backwards, i can't really test it since auto 2.0 does not seem to give the nano, assuming this is the nano that has been boosted http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=29308
    Wasen't able to find it in the hub either so i'm guessing that's the one, will have to wait for the rip of .23

In any case, if i understand it correctly it's suppoed to remove the -nano cost buff from a player, so i was assuming that if said player does not have a -cost buff the debuff would effectively do nothing.
    If it however where to debuff something like -100 on nanocost even if you're capped at 45/50/55 depending on your breed you'de suffer
    It is exactly this nano you posted. They only made it remove NaCost buffs as well To make it clear: it is a NaCost debuff, the most useless debuff in our toolset. Now it is a lil less useless.

Something like this would be a lot better, give or take a few mods...
    https://tl.aoitems.com/item/252557/

It is exactly this nano you posted. They only made it remove NaCost buffs as well To make it clear: it is a NaCost debuff, the most useless debuff in our toolset. Now it is a lil less useless.
    Didn't nanoforcer just explained how it became even less useful now, if target has no -nanocost buff running?

P.S.
    It was not THAT useless. I did manage to wear down an advie with this debuff running (or, perhaps, he just LD-ed).

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    Didn't nanoforcer just explained how it became even less useful now, if target has no -nanocost buff running?

P.S.
    It was not THAT useless. I did manage to wear down an advie with this debuff running (or, perhaps, he just LD-ed).
    GAWD! It now debuffs +25 NaCost AND remove any NaCost buff you may have '-' If the target have no NaCost buff it still debuffs +25 NaCost. >.<

I see... And & AND.

But still, I would be more happy with NR debuff instead.

Quote Originally Posted by -Klod- View Post
    I see... And & AND.

But still, I would be more happy with NR debuff instead.
    Nub Klod! And yeah, everybody would be happier with NR debuff. It is in "asked for aeons" list :/

Nub Klod!
    Pfff. It's called "being consistent". -.-

Undocumented buffs in 18.7.0.24:

Nano Division is a scaling NR debuff, -150 at lvl 200, 15 sec duration, NR debuff line A, works PvP or PvM. Awesome!

Defensive Evocations have 4 hour durations also now. Very nice.

Still 15 sec?

Seriously? -.-

It lost -25% nanodamage debuff, or?
    Last edited by -Klod-; Apr 5th, 2015 at 18:26:15.

Feels like playing a trader

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast