Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    When I first read it I thought it was written by Alex11...
    But then I realised that even his suggestions made more sense ...

Oh quote of the year!

Seriously this patch is like they got every bad idea they ever had out of the box all at once. I wont even try to tackle it because its just so bad its comical (And i dont want to get into a slanging match with AO's resident Uberfanboi NT), i'll just say "Oi Funcom! give me back the time i spent turning my De'Valos ring into a Signet or give it some new powers!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    To be perfectly honest; I don't care about the beta, I don't care about NPE, and I don't care about shiny graphics.

When can we expect new content ?
    Never, that would require some actual time, effort,thought and money going into the game;probably the only reason the new engine is even coming out is it was halfway developed when they slashed the budget and the team...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    But we're B2B, which means generally you don't have the mess of people you see on here spamming you with nonsense.
    Haha no wonder why FC is going downhill, if it keeps bussiness with people like you, that think the customers are a "Mess of people spamming you with nonsense.
    The first step FC should do is get rid of you and the likes of you, second start listening to their customers, and third keeping an eye on their bussiness policies so theyll never do B2B with failed bussiness like yours.
    And yes, have been playing since 2005.. though I dont post much crap since I have a life outside online games. If I post this is because I really find it disgusting and dont want it in game. Or yes, I will move foward with my 4 paid accounts to another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryganker View Post
    Haha no wonder why FC is going downhill, if it keeps bussiness with people like you, that think the customers are a "Mess of people spamming you with nonsense.
    The first step FC should do is get rid of you and the likes of you, second start listening to their customers, and third keeping an eye on their bussiness policies so theyll never do B2B with failed bussiness like yours.
    And yes, have been playing since 2005.. though I dont post much crap since I have a life outside online games. If I post this is because I really find it disgusting and dont want it in game. Or yes, I will move foward with my 4 paid accounts to another game.
    Never go full retard.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Oh quote of the year!

Seriously this patch is like they got every bad idea they ever had out of the box all at once. I wont even try to tackle it because its just so bad its comical (And i dont want to get into a slanging match with AO's resident Uberfanboi NT), i'll just say "Oi Funcom! give me back the time i spent turning my De'Valos ring into a Signet or give it some new powers!"

Never, that would require some actual time, effort,thought and money going into the game;probably the only reason the new engine is even coming out is it was halfway developed when they slashed the budget and the team...
    It's funny, because there's like 500 more changes coming that will make you all scream even more did you read the posts over in the profession forums? 'cause, you know, this game is going to be changed extremely radically with 18.7. If this is what giving a bit of info to others is going to do, then after 18.7 we'll have that dead game that's always talked about here on the forums ^^ but then, I somehow don't think so. I have this idea that AO players are more willing to figure things out than the few haters and conservatives on here are indicating.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Somehow I don't think that you'll see that problem happen all that much more than it already does :| the end result might be on display, but the process isn't, and the point that's been proven with AO over the years is that while it's perfectly possible to do the crazy twinking, then the vast majority of players are not going to do it.
    And the few that do will be punished for it, via harassment from the community or sanctions by funcom's ignorance. There's no good side to open inspect in AO. There's no place in AO for it because it's the only mmorpg (that I've come across anyway) with so many different options on so many levels.

Funcom's reasoning behind it is to level the playing field for those who don't use exploits instead of taking a more rational approach such as installing a punkbuster or simply banning the people who openly admit to using them. As much as you try to rationalize their changes they didn't have any balancing or good in mind when bringing these up, they just took the lazy approach in dealing with exploits > enable them for everyone and call it an update (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    And the few that do will be punished for it, via harassment from the community or sanctions by funcom's ignorance. There's no good side to open inspect in AO. There's no place in AO for it because it's the only mmorpg (that I've come across anyway) with so many different options on so many levels.

Funcom's reasoning behind it is to level the playing field for those who don't use exploits instead of taking a more rational approach such as installing a punkbuster or simply banning the people who openly admit to using them. As much as you try to rationalize their changes they didn't have any balancing or good in mind when bringing these up, they just took the lazy approach in dealing with exploits > enable them for everyone and call it an update (lol).
    Then you can petition against those who harass you, and is the list of people who had their twinks broken by some idiot customersupport rep still at less than a handful? Or is that occurring all the time now?

If the lazy approach is the only possible approach, then hey that's that. Integrating punkbuster isn't easy and requires that you start cooperating with the company behind it, which would in the end take even more time than trying to change things around internally, and you'd piss off an extreme number of people who really hate punkbuster because of all the problems it's been known to create.

I seriously doubt that you'll see any of the doomsday that is being preached here, but you're in your full right to point out how completely wrong I was when the game shuts down a week after 18.7 hits live.
    The Red Brotherhood

Inspection isn't that bad. So what if someone's pvp setup gets copied, maybe it inspires people to try to find new attack angles or improve it even further... And I don't think drive to get people make their toons relevant is a bad thing at lower levels. The mid level gear unless it's very much for twinking isn't overly expensive anyway...

The other changes to certain professions are hard to judge without complete view of all the changes, currently what is in this thread they seem bit strange in some parts even giving professions that don't need some boosts...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    The other changes to certain professions are hard to judge without complete view of all the changes, currently what is in this thread they seem bit strange in some parts even giving professions that don't need some boosts...
    Yes. The post is bad because it lacks a ton of information on other changes. Now it just looks like buffs to some that don't need it. I guess we're going to read about all the nerfs next month
    The Red Brotherhood

Never go full retard.
    Haha! None other but you. And no one else will, with you as an example, no other will want to.

Then you can petition against those who harass you, and is the list of people who had their twinks broken by some idiot customersupport rep still at less than a handful? Or is that occurring all the time now?
    I'm not talking about myself, unlike you I don't think the universe revolves around me. I don't have lowbies and I don't mind people inspecting my gear, but I do have respect for people who put a lot of effort into lowbies. Because it's effort, maybe you've heard of that ?

Seriously lol at you for justifying these ridiculous changes that will actually increase the griefing and harassment in this game with "then you can petition". Saying that is like basically agreeing with me on everything I said.

I seriously doubt that you'll see any of the doomsday that is being preached here, but you're in your full right to point out how completely wrong I was when the game shuts down a week after 18.7 hits live.
    And the obligatory masta putting words in people's mouths, can't have a post without that

I believe his B2B with FC goes only to the extent of him doing Public Relations job, in exchange of a free of charge full account. A deal soon to be over, since now people are associating his inaptitude and mediocricity with FC. The poor fellow is digging his own tomb.
    Going back to the main issue, as I understand FC does listen to the customers, since they are the ones that make the company profitable. Hence, forget what this self-fan boy is saying. And keep being outspoken about your dislikes.

I'm not talking about myself, unlike you I don't think the universe revolves around me. I don't have lowbies and I don't mind people inspecting my gear, but I do have respect for people who put a lot of effort into lowbies. Because it's effort, maybe you've heard of that ?

Seriously lol at you for justifying these ridiculous changes that will actually increase the griefing and harassment in this game with "then you can petition". Saying that is like basically agreeing with me on everything I said.

And the obligatory masta putting words in people's mouths, can't have a post without that
    That would be the plural "you", meaning everyone, not "you" specifically. If they put so much effort into it then probably they're also bragging about it. Maybe now we'll all know that they aren't really wearing that ql300 item they said they were.

Well, here you, the singular one this time, are doomsaying that it will increase griefing and harassment, I disagree and I don't see any evidence to the contrary. All I see is a handful of people on the forum agreeing that everyone else who plays this game is a terrible person.

That would again be the general doomsaying, not targeted at you, even if you just did it in the above post. Sounds like you're the one troubled by delusions of grandeur, combined with some kind of minority complex where you are for whatever reason trying to make me out to be some kind of all powerful uberperson who dictates the development of the game. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Angryganker View Post
    I believe his B2B with FC goes only to the extent of him doing Public Relations job, in exchange of a free of charge full account. A deal soon to be over, since now people are associating his inaptitude and mediocricity with FC. The poor fellow is digging his own tomb.
    Going back to the main issue, as I understand FC does listen to the customers, since they are the ones that make the company profitable. Hence, forget what this self-fan boy is saying. And keep being outspoken about your dislikes.
    Hi, I would like to know why you are infering that I have a business relationship with FC? I am one of their customers, and that's that. Maybe you should polish up on your reading skills?
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 17:02:43.
    The Red Brotherhood

Thought I'd poke my head into the forums and see whats going on, my first reaction was this:

Joel, when you first took over, you said this:

Finally, my personal goal is getting a better handle on Anarchy and everything contained therein. I'll start playing through the game and trying to experience as much as possible while providing commentary on the design side of Anarchy. Expect to see my weird blog entries showing up on the Anarchy community site soon!
    Did this actually happen? because looking at these proposed changes, it shows that you havn't even downloaded the launcher let alone played the game.

AO is death, death.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

If they put so much effort into it then probably they're also bragging about it. Maybe now we'll all know that they aren't really wearing that ql300 item they said they were.
    Once again showing that you have no idea what actually goes on ingame don't you have any shame ?

Once again showing that you have no idea what actually goes on ingame don't you have any shame ?
    Probably because they're exploiting, then And you're the one to talk about having no shame in making allegations
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Did this actually happen? because looking at these proposed changes, it shows that you havn't even downloaded the launcher let alone played the game.

AO is death, death.
    Or he did and thought that these changes are exactly what it needs. Would that make a difference? I also don't think he has anything at all to do with AO development.
    The Red Brotherhood

You people worry far too much about inconsequential things :| wow.
    qf absolute t
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Or he did and thought that these changes are exactly what it needs. Would that make a difference? I also don't think he has anything at all to do with AO development.
    Come on MB, we've never really seen eye to eye, but do you honestly think Enfs need another stun?

How about Soldiers needing a change to OMHH that is actually a significant nerf to their toolset? Especially when you pair it with hostile NCU checking.

There is ALOT of controversial changes that anyone who has been playing longer than a year can see are either not needed or so over the top that it could very well be detrimental to the overall game structure.

And if Joel has nothing to do with AO, why is he wearing an AO Dev tag, why is he the CREATIVE DIRECTOR.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Javafan View Post
    Pretty much this.

I've seen people in inf missions still sporting ql50-100 imps and carb armor and they have not bothered to disable inspect. Everybody else in the team just shrugged and carried on.

Nobody kicked them from the inf mission. Later on I've seen this people in apf raids (raid bots). Nobody kicked them from those raids either.

Would I kicked them? Yes, I would probably have done that if:
    - it was a 1 team pande raid or
    - 1 team APF raid or
    - small team farming stuff for our use in general

Asshats never needed the inspect function to diss people. Run a DD parser and start picking on people.
    While that isn't 100% for everyone I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the majority of players recognize twinking as the unique positive attribute of AO in comparison to most other games. I mean if you're looking for graphics, storyline development, raiding, roleplay or pretty much any other aspect of a MMO you'd go someplace else that does all of that better.

What I find baffling in this thread is that people somehow feel that you're a jerk, elitist or some other negative attribute because you don't want to carry other players in a game whose primary attraction is min-maxing a toon. Someone wearing implants and carb armor (unless they're specifically planned implants) in an inferno mission seems quite off. Why would any player that's taken any level of pride in their toon want to team up with someone that couldn't take the time to upgrade and is happy to level up and/or gear up on the shoulders of another player?

Now PvPers have their own level of gripe regarding the inspect option but I can't, for the world of me, get why anyone would care about inspect being perma-enabled if their primary entertainment task in AO is PvM. Are some people entertained by working hard on their toons and carrying other people or what am I missing here? People afraid of getting unsolicited advice from other players? I have inspect open on every toon on all accounts and if someone starts providing me with information I'm not interested in, it only takes a few seconds to tell them I couldn't care less of their opinion of my toon. If they keep on with it (as I've actually had happen once regarding a ql 287 AI armor sleeve I was wearing on an otherwise finished toon) then I just put them on ignore knowing I've just rid myself of the chatter of yet another moron.

The only reason I can imagine that someone would be upset about inspect being open (from a PvM standpoint) is that they can no longer 'fool' people into teaming with them that normally would not. Why would you want to do that anyway? If someone, knowing your gear status, would not team you.. why would you want to trick them by hiding the information? Clearly that's not the type of person you want to play with so why not just put your gear out there and let the cards fall where they may... with everyone then being able to make an informed decision about their teammates?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Probably because they're exploiting, then And you're the one to talk about having no shame in making allegations
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about and thanks for proving my point. You're already throwing accusations of exploiting just because people don't brag about their setup. Here's a reality check for you, twinkers in extremely rare cases make their setups public not because they exploit but because it takes serious effort to get some things done and they don't want people pressing the inspect button to instantly know what they're up against and how to counter it. Again not that you would know since you don't even play this game.

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast