Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about and thanks for proving my point. You're already throwing accusations of exploiting just because people don't brag about their setup. Here's a reality check for you, twinkers in extremely rare cases make their setups public not because they exploit but because it takes serious effort to get some things done and they don't want people pressing the inspect button to instantly know what they're up against and how to counter it. Again not that you would know since you don't even play this game.
    Tough luck being them, then, if all it takes to defeat them is to inspect their equipment.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Come on MB, we've never really seen eye to eye, but do you honestly think Enfs need another stun?

How about Soldiers needing a change to OMHH that is actually a significant nerf to their toolset? Especially when you pair it with hostile NCU checking.

There is ALOT of controversial changes that anyone who has been playing longer than a year can see are either not needed or so over the top that it could very well be detrimental to the overall game structure.

And if Joel has nothing to do with AO, why is he wearing an AO Dev tag, why is he the CREATIVE DIRECTOR.
    I figure that other stuns they have are going to be taken away in the ongoing "great purge of nanos". 18.7 is a long way away, and this month's update just seems to do nothing but communicate into a void with stuff that, probably from a dev standpoint is significant; consider how long there's been talk of changes like the keeper pull and enf charge. So he was like "we'll communicate this, it's been going for a while and hey it was hard to develop in this system, we can be proud of that" and then neatly forgot to include any information to make these changes palatable.

I for one would rather withhold any judgement till I can get a clearer picture. And I will naturally welcome the additional information that is being served in combat which will allow me and everyone else to perform better instead of shooting in the blind.

I dunno, because FC needed a figurehead? I haven't heard of him do anything except communicate things to the community that he is being flamed for, so I'm just going to assume that he's mainly busy with the TSW team, sometimes looking at what the AoC team is doing and then maybe when he's on the toilet or something he'll look up the AO forum and post a mail with the update from Genele.
    All directed that way by management, of course. I'm sure Joel is a perfectly nice guy, but he's only one guy and management is screaming at him to make all this stuff make more money. And with the other games, that's probably a lot easier.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    - We will enable everyone to see friendly nano programs in their opponent's NCU. This is to level the playing field for people who do not have access to 3rd party programs which provide this information.
    Does this include perk actions as well? Also, there's a 3rd party program that allows you to warp through walls and such. Mind adding that functionality on AI ships so aliens stuck in the wall can be dealt with?

- We will disable the ability to decline inspects. We fully expect this to lead to an increase in the number of exploit reports that we receive and a decrease in the actual exploiting.
    In that case, will you either get rid of the system message that tells you someone is inspecting you or provide an option to turn it off?

- All Signet of the apocalypse rings will no longer have a special action
    Related and yet not, but any chance we're getting an Ado protection ring or any changes to the availability of the pen ring (as in putting it someplace that can be accessed by a level 160).
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Does this include perk actions as well?
    Perks cast nanos in your NCU, there's nothing that distinguishes them from other nanos. I find it unlikely that they would spend time going through all possible nanos cast by perks in this change that's already a cost-saver.
    The Red Brotherhood

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Perks cast nanos in your NCU, there's nothing that distinguishes them from other nanos. I find it unlikely that they would spend time going through all possible nanos cast by perks in this change that's already a cost-saver.
    Guess I should have asked about perks and LE procs. Seems like there is stuff that gets cast from the LE expansion that I've never seen in my ncu or the ncu of mobs and players.. Maybe that's a bug or maybe working as intended.. I've never been quite sure.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Tough luck being them, then, if all it takes to defeat them is to inspect their equipment.
    Except the game isn't that black and white, and again you really wouldn't know since you don't even play it.

If your only arguments are "well petition them" and "tough luck" then I rest my case. Thanks for agreeing with me that it's a bad idea.

Guess I should have asked about perks and LE procs. Seems like there is stuff that gets cast from the LE expansion that I've never seen in my ncu or the ncu of mobs and players.. Maybe that's a bug or maybe working as intended.. I've never been quite sure.
    Sounds like bugs

If your only arguments are "well petition them" and "tough luck" then I rest my case. Thanks for agreeing with me that it's a bad idea
    I don't if your only argument is "some people did some hard work and they don't want anyone to see it", then thanks for agreeing with me that it's inconsequential.
    The Red Brotherhood

How is it inconsequential, I personally know people who will quit only because of that change. Ah yes it's inconsequental for those who don't even play, right ?

How is it inconsequential, I personally know people who will quit only because of that change. Ah yes it's inconsequental for those who don't even play, right ?
    Why? Because it doesn't matter. If all it takes for them to be defeated is to have their gear inspected, then... why did they go through all that trouble? That means that both the twinking AND the inspect are two completely inconsequential things.
    The Red Brotherhood

Because it's gonna be:
    >inspect
    >guy has better gear
    >don't even bother

It's not about defeating them, it's about killing pvp altogether. Not that you'd know what pvp is like in this game, since you don't even play.

Now PvPers have their own level of gripe regarding the inspect option but I can't, for the world of me, get why anyone would care about inspect being perma-enabled if their primary entertainment task in AO is PvM. Are some people entertained by working hard on their toons and carrying other people or what am I missing here? People afraid of getting unsolicited advice from other players? I have inspect open on every toon on all accounts and if someone starts providing me with information I'm not interested in, it only takes a few seconds to tell them I couldn't care less of their opinion of my toon. If they keep on with it (as I've actually had happen once regarding a ql 287 AI armor sleeve I was wearing on an otherwise finished toon) then I just put them on ignore knowing I've just rid myself of the chatter of yet another moron.

The only reason I can imagine that someone would be upset about inspect being open (from a PvM standpoint) is that they can no longer 'fool' people into teaming with them that normally would not. Why would you want to do that anyway? If someone, knowing your gear status, would not team you.. why would you want to trick them by hiding the information? Clearly that's not the type of person you want to play with so why not just put your gear out there and let the cards fall where they may... with everyone then being able to make an informed decision about their teammates?
    I'm almost exclusively a PvMer, my grief on this is that I don't see WHY they should sit and inspect me. As I've said, what's in my pockets is my business, not anyone elses. If someone really wants to see what's on my char, they can bloody well ask me and I'll decide if I want to let them see.
    I have inspect switched off on ALL my characters, the only time I switch it on is to show someone my setup deliberately, or to be able to see someone elses wear window when I'm helping them twink.
    It's privacy, nothing else. 90% of the time when someone asks if they can inspect, I let them, but when I'm just standing around and someone inspects me without saying anything to me first, I just find that rude...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

it's not worth it here to write something

The Management never listen to the comunity in past 10 years i played.
    the Development moan from bunch of work and missing manpower and
    where we r now, we can see.

2 servers down and from the german server the history complete eliminated with all guides from deleting the forum.

All Anarchy Online guides outdated and the hoster r gone since years.

Joel u drive the Game at a Wall.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

For what it's worth, I had my soldier laughed at recently because I'd forgotten that I had inspect on, someone inspected me and saw I didn't have an ACDC... Strangely, they weren't that bothered that my symbs were low. Although I can tank beast and all sorts of other bosses...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

That's the kind of "inconsequential" stuff you'll have to take yeah.

#mastablasta #zeroclue #justpeititionthem #toughluck

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I'm almost exclusively a PvMer, my grief on this is that I don't see WHY they should sit and inspect me. As I've said, what's in my pockets is my business, not anyone elses. If someone really wants to see what's on my char, they can bloody well ask me and I'll decide if I want to let them see.
    I have inspect switched off on ALL my characters, the only time I switch it on is to show someone my setup deliberately, or to be able to see someone elses wear window when I'm helping them twink.
    It's privacy, nothing else. 90% of the time when someone asks if they can inspect, I let them, but when I'm just standing around and someone inspects me without saying anything to me first, I just find that rude...
    I'm not trying to make it seem like privacy is not valid. I guess I'm just wondering if some perceived sense of privacy is worth all of the upset feelings some of the people in this thread have over the inspect change. What is the harm in someone knowing what gear your toon is wearing? I mean why do you feel that aspect of your toon needs the cover of privacy when things like damage inflicted can be seen in vicinity chat? If you let people see your gear 90% of the time.. why don't you in the 10%? Is it just that you don't like the person and trying to avoid their comments or something else?

For what it's worth, I had my soldier laughed at recently because I'd forgotten that I had inspect on, someone inspected me and saw I didn't have an ACDC... Strangely, they weren't that bothered that my symbs were low. Although I can tank beast and all sorts of other bosses...
    Well this falls into my whole "get the idiots out in the open" statement. Put this person on ignore if it bothers you to be laughed at by someone in-game over not having an ACDC. Is it not better to be able to flush out people with this level of anti-social behavior than to have them rolling around secretly and you team them without knowing?
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 3rd, 2014 at 18:57:43.
    You can find me at:

The personal argument (particularly between Pafpuf and Masta, but others are certainly involved) is inappropriate and needs to stop. Anyone continuing the argument after this post will have posts removed and receive infractions.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

My question is - when is any of these changes/ patches planned to hit live?
    I for one love that there's change happening!

I guess pvp is not what it used to be.
    The Red Brotherhood

I don't have one either. If that's all it takes to not be laughed at, I guess I should have spent more time on the welfare bots. Aww welfarebots, how they fostered the elite generation we're seeing now

Not that I would care one iota if anyone did laugh at me for not having it. If anything, I'd laugh at that person.
    The Red Brotherhood

Change to Fixer's skill requirement on GA is LONG needed. This only makes Fixers better as MC was only needed for GA and gear spawning...since gear spawning nanos are waste that leaves GA. There are many Fixers that opt out of GA and don't even put points in MC and use those would be points in like RE for Sleek Master Classics. As for people complaining about B&E on a fixer ?? Fixers get the best self buffing through skill color, nanos and items then anyone.

----
    Some changes that will help more players and help even out the field with like economy is opening up GMI to everyone for use.

Bring incentive for people to want to be on RK teamed up with people not sharing their IP address ...And so they're not off hiding in SL or other areas. There are too many dead zones on RK with no pop and no one LFT.

Put a limit on the number of open clients so there can't be any single person started and ran Orgs....also parties

^^^^^ Above reasons are part of the major ones why there is a reducing player pop. Lack of teaming, lack of people buying from F2P through trade chat. The not going to SL should be kept the way it is.

A weak fix for this for some people is making they're own parties to do some content they can't solo either from simply character or player skill or morely a game mechanic blocking them. This is something that people should not have to resort to. I can see 2 in a party and a third is afking in town. But I have seen 6 all put on /follow

FC did make an error in judgement that I saw on the in-game store and that is buyable twinking nano stims...thus rewarding the exact anti-social behavior that is chasing people away. Making it no longer needed to either find someone to buff you or rolling alts on other accounts to self buff. The big thing being " not finding others "....but the devs arent' the only blaim here but the community wanting to get paid for buffing people =.=, who ever started this trend started the slow death of being social.

Now a fully community fail is the want to max level right now. This open is extremely fast leveling has actually hurt things all around. You get people that are actually new with no knowledge of anything but a want to do end game PvP with a cookie cutter set-up of skill levels and gear that they don't even know how to use because they were AFK from 1 to max. FC I saw has even rewarded this by putting an auto-level item on the in-game store =.=, should have a requirement of a higher level character on account before you can buy that and make it not tradable.
    Been around for 9 years since 2004...FC is a little stalled on in game content corrections.

Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast