Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by wretch View Post
    I also have a question. Why isnt dual wielding a ranged and melee weapon possible. I just tried to make an Agent that uses piercing and pistol. To me it make sense to have the pistol to pull and when they reach melee range you have both weapons to fight with. Just curious as to why this isnt possible.
    That's just how FC decided to do it, probably because of less headaches...
    They'd have to create another multi-wield skill to begin with, after that, you're unlikely to have enough perk points to cover both melee and ranged weapon, so one of them would always be below par.

Quote Originally Posted by westyfu View Post
    I get that, but people are so afraid to do anything BUT a 220 now, that things like Pen teams are an impossibility.
    Aaaah... I remember Pen missions, AND Ado missions!
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    Funcom and Egpal go hand in hand.
    Is not hard to trace all the toons that Egpal keeps his credits and ban them and also block all the ips.
    But you know what ? Funcom needs Egpal and will never dissapear.
    i think the same,... who cares what i think^^
    saw more then once time GM´s in Borealis working at petitions and at same time egpal cred spam without removing them.
    I do not believe that they have only tell´s active in chat window.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Funcom has made a point to ban credit spamming accounts each time they are petitioned as well as given us tools to filter chat so we can ignore them. System is far from perfect but it's in place. Now I think it's fair to assume to some point the cred sellers do offer a slight benefit to funcom however they do discourage it as well as make it clear that they will do what they can to stop those caught and a simple ip ban simply won't fix anything.
    Ipewpewu Director of Omni Org Pack of Noobs.

You're changing a billion things at once. You have no idea how it's going to turn out. This isn't balancing, you're just pulling stuff out of your rear ends, usually stuff that noone asked for, you have no idea how it's going to play out.

Sad, sad sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Firasting View Post
    Funcom has made a point to ban credit spamming accounts each time they are petitioned as well as given us tools to filter chat so we can ignore them. System is far from perfect but it's in place. Now I think it's fair to assume to some point the cred sellers do offer a slight benefit to funcom however they do discourage it as well as make it clear that they will do what they can to stop those caught and a simple ip ban simply won't fix anything.
    Yes, they have banned every cred sellers account, I put in a petition about every one I see, but it's pointless, they just make new accounts.
    They altered the selling channel so you had to be lvl 11 before you could use it, to make it slower for the spammers to replace their accounts, but they just started spamming OOC.
    I doubt they IP ban as most people have dynamic IPs nowadays, or probably run through falcified IPs.

However, there ARE some options out there which FC could look into, but how much it would cost I don't know.
    I read something about the possiblity of hardware banning, each piece of hardware in your computer has it's own ID, and apparently it's possible to block those IDs, so any computer trying to connect with one of these blocked IDs fails. Better yet, that particular piece of hardware can never be used in a computer for that job again, thus meaning, everytime they get a blocked account and blocked hardware, they have to build a new computer!

Also, they could require credit card details for fr00b accounts as a customer ID, with that they could possibly follow legal options.
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

The GUID (unique hardware id) broadcast by the netconnection can be falsified as well. Also it's not necessarily a unique ID. I've tried building 30 PCs with cheap motherboards in them, and they all had the exact same GUID. Which was a pain because we use the GUID to identify PCs with.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 6th, 2014 at 18:24:06.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    Funcom and Egpal go hand in hand.
    Is not hard to trace all the toons that Egpal keeps his credits and ban them and also block all the ips.
    But you know what ? Funcom needs Egpal and will never dissapear.
    I would almost rather FC start selling creds out of the item shop. At least then, the cred seller spam would disappear and the money would go into FC's pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by wretch View Post
    I also have a question. Why isnt dual wielding a ranged and melee weapon possible. I just tried to make an Agent that uses piercing and pistol.
    Actually the original adventurer was able to multi wield ranged/melee, but that did not last very long.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

as / burst / fling / full auto / dimach / brawl / fast attack

Yeah what's the problem here? Let it rip!
    Oh and also let's just have one multiple weapons skills instead of ranged and melee

But on a serious note, it might seem resonable to have a ranged weapon at the same time as a melee, but for the reason above alone it's not ...
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Wipe all creds in game.

Get rid of sellers and buyers that way.

Also get rid of those ass'es that buy creds, then buy up all items on GMS and resell for 2x as much.

Resulting in more idiots buying credits.

Resulting in more farmers selling credits.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Actually the original adventurer was able to multi wield ranged/melee, but that did not last very long.
    Don't you mean Keeper?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

If this goes Live. You can count on me not returning to this game. This is unsat! Im so disappointed but not surprised....

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Don't you mean Keeper?
    I had SMG and 1HE on my advy for awhile.

Don't you mean Keeper?
    Nope advy's when game launched could multi wield melee and ranged.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by woffouk View Post
    And goodbye again FC, you may get it right one day (yes miracles can occur) and you may aswell announce the next engine which will replace the one after this one you are working on too, it will take you even longer to make that one so better start on it now.
    Hi wofs.

And seriously FC. What the hell is that patch? I am not sure it's a good idea to shoo away the old playerbase to make room for the casual WoW playerbase.
    This will be my last post on these forums until i eventually resub. Up to you Guys.

- Shar
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

I searched already, and I'm surprised I didn't find anyone else bringing this point up...
    GA cannot be worn in Penumbra, Inferno, Pandemonium, or in the meta water in Adonis without taking environmental damage. That's right, everything that grants environmental protection in SL is either a piece of armor (armor can not be worn with GA) or it has a "no grid armor" tag on it.

So thanks for the thought, but that bread ain't baked all the way, guys.

Thumbs down

Its March, and I still havent rcv'd a beta invite, regardless of my 12mo sub -- which is now up in May. I havent logged onto my account since December in protest and general boredom of content, and chances are I wont get an invite by May. Sadly, after 9 years of casual play I don't think I'll be resubscribing. =\ QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'd bet it's the nanomage MP part that would be the issue.

Don't you mean Keeper?
    No it was advies. And they were gods of destruction. It was possible to have every special in the game at that time. Their alpha was pure death.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Wipe all creds in game.
    Um wipe credits and leave 220 toons. Good 220's can legit farm 100m+ a day in pearls. So that solves the problem for what a week or two tops before the 1b+ cost of items is affordable again to all the endgame toons A wipe of credits would just make life for lowbies even harder.

Enable inspect for all so we can police each other just like we are supposed to police via petition all the credit sellers we see. Interesting trend. What other jobs can they have us pay them to do for them?
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast