Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    No it was advies. And they were gods of destruction. It was possible to have every special in the game at that time. Their alpha was pure death.
    Not sure why they removed it entirely. Could have just thrown in some barrier like, when dual wielding you can only use the special of the weapon that is in your primary hand. So then you get the choice of which special you get and you dont get both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    I searched already, and I'm surprised I didn't find anyone else bringing this point up...
    GA cannot be worn in Penumbra, Inferno, Pandemonium, or in the meta water in Adonis without taking environmental damage. That's right, everything that grants environmental protection in SL is either a piece of armor (armor can not be worn with GA) or it has a "no grid armor" tag on it.

So thanks for the thought, but that bread ain't baked all the way, guys.
    Those items seems to have had that flag removed ...
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

No it was advies. And they were gods of destruction. It was possible to have every special in the game at that time. Their alpha was pure death.
    How times have changed

My bad, thought it was Keepers who had it.
    Last edited by Raggy; Mar 7th, 2014 at 14:40:15.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    How times have changed

My bad, though it was Keepers who had it.
    Been a while since the last time i was in char creation, but somehow i remember that the keeper "statue" in there still wields a pistol and sword?

And the concept photos of keepers shows pistol and sword as the planned weapons for keep0rs.

Don't know if it ever was in game like that or not. Most likely not.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

I remember when noone wanted adventurers in their team
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Um wipe credits and leave 220 toons. Good 220's can legit farm 100m+ a day in pearls. So that solves the problem for what a week or two tops before the 1b+ cost of items is affordable again to all the endgame toons A wipe of credits would just make life for lowbies even harder.

Enable inspect for all so we can police each other just like we are supposed to police via petition all the credit sellers we see. Interesting trend. What other jobs can they have us pay them to do for them?
    I agree with this, especially the credits part. Wiping credits will fix nothing. Those who buy credits will just buy more and as stated the high end toons will just farm millions more and we will be right were we are now except the lowbies will be totally devastated and leave the game en masse.

General question: So does the new engine actually look like what is shown in this video from 2008? Or is it something better/worse/not comparable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRmk0hZam7A
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 7th, 2014 at 17:03:55.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    General question: So does the new engine actually look like what is shown in this video from 2008? Or is it something better/worse/not comparable?

I'm pretty sure that video was taken from the abandoned OGRE based version of the new engine. This is the official FC video that shows off the new engine http://youtu.be/pGIMS7E3ugU.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    I agree with this, especially the credits part. Wiping credits will fix nothing. Those who buy credits will just buy more and as stated the high end toons will just farm millions more and we will be right were we are now except the lowbies will be totally devastated and leave the game en masse.
    A token/badge system to gain gear is probably the only way to deal with some of these issues. Pearls etc need removed from the loot tables.

Next month comes elder Scrolls Online out - New MMO
    For me is Anarchy Online dead - all changes come to late... and the most of them are bad!... And Funcom didnt fix the bugs or exploids... Many People will leave these game and Play elder scrolls online
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    I'm pretty sure that video was taken from the abandoned OGRE based version of the new engine. This is the official FC video that shows off the new engine http://youtu.be/pGIMS7E3ugU.
    It looks pretty much like in the newest video. The other one is abandoned and was a concept render.

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    Next month comes elder Scrolls Online out - New MMO
    For me is Anarchy Online dead - all changes come to late... and the most of them are bad!... And Funcom didnt fix the bugs or exploids... Many People will leave these game and Play elder scrolls online
    lol, have you actually read any of the press on ESO? It might take the crown as the new "worst mmo ever" from everything I've read. Everyone I know who played it, I personally didn't want to play a game that was basically "move between these 3 NPCs in the same room" and "find my missing crew! i can't get home without them! oh and btw, they're like, right over there... i can see them" quests and combat that is pretty much only ever described as boring. No doubt there's a huge marketing budget behind it, but no amount of marketing can make a stinker of a game good. Sorry to be the devs on that title. But then, it was pretty much the worst idea ever.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 7th, 2014 at 18:57:59.
    The Red Brotherhood

i know many People, that played the beta (beta includes not all Features from ESO) and want to play ESO and have definitly enough from AO. All new changes are coming from other MMO's and after years is the game very boring without decisive changes.

And AO have Quest too where NPC's are in the same Area ^^

what things should keep me or other people in Anarchy Online? With each patch will the game more easier and boring. I've never saw such a ridiculous PVP System like these actually in AO :X And other things are the missing of a good support and a price that is to high and there are many other disadvantages in Anarchy Online...
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    lol, have you actually read any of the press on ESO? It might take the crown as the new "worst mmo ever" from everything I've read. Everyone I know who played it, I personally didn't want to play a game that was basically "move between these 3 NPCs in the same room" and "find my missing crew! i can't get home without them! oh and btw, they're like, right over there... i can see them" quests and combat that is pretty much only ever described as boring. No doubt there's a huge marketing budget behind it, but no amount of marketing can make a stinker of a game good. Sorry to be the devs on that title. But then, it was pretty much the worst idea ever.
    Well it's still new and as such has plenty of room for improvement, something AO hasn't seen since the launch of alien invasion. Not to mention developing can't get any worse than funcom's "ignore everything the community wants" policy.

Haters gona hate, I´m sure AOs future will be bright I won´t change MMO because these changes are really great what I see. PS. you could stop whining and if u really just want to change ur MMO just do it. Im sure this game will be more fun w/o your whining
    Last edited by Peltiperse; Mar 7th, 2014 at 22:02:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Well it's still new and as such has plenty of room for improvement, something AO hasn't seen since the launch of alien invasion. Not to mention developing can't get any worse than funcom's "ignore everything the community wants" policy.
    As if they're going to just change a game that has been in development for so long and cost so much no... what they have now is the salvaged remains of a game that will never be good and go f2p in a month or so before shutting down in a year or so... WoW model dumbed down crazily to attract the farmville and candycrush audience or whatever

Also, it's presumptuous to think to know what players want. Also, players shouldn't dictate anything through their "wants". Most of those are imagined anyway.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Mar 7th, 2014 at 22:38:47.
    The Red Brotherhood

It's easy to know what the players want, all you have to do is read =)

unfortunately less than 1% of the players post here

because it is no longer worth to write something here and the last one got a little hope left.
    4th April TESO
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

I somehow don't think that 20 people counts as everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    because it is no longer worth to write something here and the last one got a little hope left.
    4th April TESO
    lol, you are seriously going to spend money on that? Wow... you'd be better off spending it on another 3 months of AO
    The Red Brotherhood

I think you over-estimate the remaining user base.

Quote Originally Posted by Peltiperse View Post
    Haters gona hate, I´m sure AOs future will be bright I won´t change MMO because these changes are really great what I see. PS. you could stop whining and if u really just want to change ur MMO just do it. Im sure this game will be more fun w/o your whining
    Another reason why I don't post on MMO forums anymore - people like this guy!

For fanboys it's inconceivable that someone might love game yet is highly critical of the company that makes it. To them, it's all the same - you hate one, you hate the other, followed by the obligatory "go play somewhere else".

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Wipe all creds in game.

Get rid of sellers and buyers that way.

Also get rid of those ass'es that buy creds, then buy up all items on GMS and resell for 2x as much.

Resulting in more idiots buying credits.

Resulting in more farmers selling credits.
    I tend to agree.
    Since FC fixed the GMI glitch and punished a few people, yet forgot to remove the TRILLIONS (and the duped items too) that were exploited, a credit wipe is the only way to go.

You would be farming pearls from now to retirement to get that kind of money back.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast