Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

At least make inspect go in line with PVP-rules. Aka: don't allow players to inspect each others when they are in the same pvp range.

You could still log your lowbie or higher alt to inspect someone if you think there is something not right.

I myself dont pvp much but I get some fun out of it at times and I can fully understand that many people dont like to get inspected if they found a good setup.

Also I have mixed feelings with inspect e.g. when everyone is bored and waiting for a raid to start and I get inspected from a horde of people...meh.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Id say thats only concerning TL7.

How about TL3-5 pvp duels where different setups actually matters?
    You could ignore duels from lets say NR setupped toons if your nano class and only fight non NR fights. Or not fight vs full evade setups etc etc..
    I dont like the open inspect aswell, but! most of xploit i heard were done at tl3-5, some tl5 with Perfected Infused Dust Brigade Bracer etc etc...

Also specific setups, like NR one, changes things by a factor that shouldnt discourage a dueller. NR perkline eventually could discourage, but perks arent inspectable.

Ofc originality of some setups might be an issue

Everyone will copy my tl2 noobroded tradur!
    Last edited by drakio; Mar 11th, 2014 at 21:39:14.
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Exploit discussions are not appropriate for the open forum. If you have an exploit to report, please refer to the appropriate forums.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Questioning moderation is an infractable offense. Since people seem to think this is a No Forum Rules zone, please let me refresh your memories.

Thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    memory's

I vote Pedro.
    Awesome, I can't get 'music for a found harmonium' out of my head now! :-D

And here lies the problems with open inspect for the reason FC is giving. If we are going to police each other then we will be discussing it on the forums so that stuff we are seeing can be looked for and also to verify that something we saw is or is not possible. Also will likely discuss it in game and maybe even ask around on OOC channels.

Exactly how those post would not develop into discussion about things that we are not supposed to discuss on the forums is really a good question. Further it will just make our moderators work even harder. But you can be sure that people will discuss and post links to images of inspected equipment with questions. That at some point some will say/write clearly "Report them as that is proof of such and such exploit and is why FC made us all inspect police." At that time the moderators will have to clean up the thread.

So glad all this chatting and stuff that got cleaned up occurred because it clearly shows simply what will happen later.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    And here lies the problems with open inspect for the reason FC is giving. If we are going to police each other then we will be discussing it on the forums so that stuff we are seeing can be looked for and also to verify that something we saw is or is not possible. Also will likely discuss it in game and maybe even ask around on OOC channels.

Exactly how those post would not develop into discussion about things that we are not supposed to discuss on the forums is really a good question.

This is how.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm sure you also realize that the majority of people are not going to take that route, right?
    Food for thought ^
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Exploit discussions are not appropriate for the open forum. If you have an exploit to report, please refer to the appropriate forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    - We will disable the ability to decline inspects. We fully expect this to lead to an increase in the number of exploit reports that we receive and a decrease in the actual exploiting.
    Uh oh!

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    So glad all this chatting and stuff that got cleaned up occurred because it clearly shows simply what will happen later.
    QFT!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Uh oh!
    yeah, we got baited into breaking the forum rules.

What harm is done talking about exploits as long as we don't name names or describe how the exploits work?
    If funcom wants us to police for them, they gotta change the rules!

As for inspect catching cheaters, you are not gonna catch the obvious exploiter, i.e. ql300 ai on tl5.
    They just ain't that dumb!

And if it isn't obvious, we gotta check the breed caps, all the possible buffs, perks, twink items, etc. to see if any of the 30+ items this guy is wearing has been sploited on?

Seriously?? How many people will go through that trouble??

If funcom gets any reports at all, they probably just wing it or do it out of spite:
    Oh, he looks sploited, too difficult to do the math, but I gonna report it anyway.
    Or He ganked me, gotta report him for gear sploiting to get even!

So they gonna get a bunch of false leads that turn out to be nothing at all or just good twinking.

"Report exploit forum" is a joke.

Once you write a post there you'll get an answer like this:
    "Thank you for reporting this issue!
    I will not need any additional information this time,
    I appreciate that you took the time to report it.

Kindly,
    Lindelu"

I am not going to waste my time helping Funcom in any way !
    I can try to have some fun playing AO until serwers are switched off.

Look like there are enough [selfcensored] who like to work for FC for free and the number of "potential jobs" is increasing (betatester, developer, exploit hunter etc...)
    I am not joining in.
    I am paying customer not unpaid FC employee...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

If only more people were like Awikun
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    the number of "potential jobs" is increasing (betatester, developer, exploit hunter etc...)
    I am not joining in.
    I am paying customer not unpaid FC employee...
    Thanks for the morning laugh. Totally priceless.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Tut tut everyone. First rule of fight club...

Pity the same gusto from people in charge of game isn't applied quite so diligently as it is in forums. Its far more important that someone isn't running round with a disallowed name than disallowed items or creds. As for exploit hunting via open ended inspect, up until recently i have only ever petitioned when some part of the game hasn't work as ive expected be it stuck in geometry or bugged mission etc. I will never inspect anybody with a view to seeing if they have legitimate gear. There is one persons equipment in the entire game that i care about and that is mine and i will never spot any illegitimate gear on my toons no matter how much i inspect myself. I am inclined to agree that the open ended inspect will just be used to demean and bully people less fortunate. Over my time playing this game i have seen it happen all to often. Personally i have friends in game that rally together and help each other and my main characters (whilst not the best characters) are more than adequate to get the things for my alts and already mentioned friends help me get the stuff i cant solo and vice versa but it hasn't always been the case. Whether you have decent gear or not quite often is determined by the help you can receive to get said gear. There is no body in game that can solo everything needed to get the required gear to be classed as not gimp especially before they get said gear. Whether people have gear is entirely opportunity but it seems a lot of people cry and moan that others don't have or have not received the same opportunity to get the gear. People like to pretend (probably to themselves) that opportunity equals skill and like to use the opportunity to be able to cuss out or throw insults because they themselves have received the opportunity to get the gear and the person being cussed out hasn't.

Personally i don't give a damn either way as i have the friends/support to get and i have an awesome ability of being able to laugh at people who tend to think they are better than anybody for any reason but you are implementing this ready for the people who might or might not join with the npe/steam launch and how long do you think they will last when there are so many vets that will just ignore them because they haven't got the friends or support required to gain good enough gear to be classed as a viable team member.

It really sounds to me that a few vets have moaned to devs about the teams being crap and underpowered so funcom has implemented this to suit them and wrapped it up in the shiny wrapping paper and fluffy bow that is their reason (exploit hunting) considering the stance here of not even being aloud to explain/mention/enquire about any exploit. They are a problem (exploits) how are we as a community supposed to police our own community members without being told what the exploits are/learn how they are done/know what to look out for.

It seems funcom has always catered to the select few who i can only really consider as people they like/prefer/call friends etc.
    Last edited by gresh; Mar 12th, 2014 at 16:40:38. Reason: illiteracy

And how many more Exploit team members will be hired to deal with the deluge of Exploit reports? team members who specalise in the twinking part of the game and can readily decide if a setup is su****ious or not without banning people who are just very, very good at twinking?

Its not like Regular ARKs can handle this, they are not allowed. I'm not trying to be nasty, this is a geniune concern.
    Last edited by Neista; Mar 12th, 2014 at 14:40:48.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by dysfunction View Post
    I'm sure you also realize that the majority of people are not going to take that route, right?
    Food for thought ^
    Regardless, that is the forum avenue and there are no plans to revise the open forum exploit discussion rules to accommodate "people just don't want to" as honestly, that's never changed. The report an exploit forum makes reporting more accessible than it used to be, not less.

Uh oh!
    These are not contradictory. Report an Exploit is not an open forum, in that only the original reporter and exploit cleared persons can read them. For whomever asked if I would delete them... that seems like a silly question, but to answer it -I- can't even read them. The only exploit related material I have access to is what I moderate, and there is a separate hidden forum section for handling that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    And how many more Exploit team members will be hired to deal with the deluge of Exploit reports? team members who specalise in the twinking part of the game and can readily decide if a setup is su****ious or not without banning people who are just very, very good at twinking?

Its not like Regular ARKs can handle this, they are not allowed. I'm not trying to be nasty, this is a geniune concern.
    There is still a Bughunters and Exploits team, and exploit cleared ARKs still handle exploits. They have been handling the Report a Bug/Exploit forums quite well since these forums were put into place, about 1.5-2 years ago now. (I think? I'm getting senile here...)

Upshot being: Moderation policy is what it is, and it isn't the topic of this particular forum or thread, and its not changing because of the inspect feature change. So if people could please return to topic, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Deleted.
    Last edited by jorricane; Mar 12th, 2014 at 14:59:59. Reason: off topic, posted while annarina was postin
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

So if people could please return to topic, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
    The lore argument can probably move to Fourth Wall
    But you didn't like when people were on-topic either, so what can we talk about?

But you didn't like when people were on-topic either, so what can we talk about?
    You can try making moderation complaints in private messages, as per the rules. Thanks.
    Coordinator Anarrina

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast