Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Thumbs down

Not sure why we need smurf suits in SL with summon shadowweb which is better.

But the one thing that I really don't like is the forced removal of disable inspect feature. I am anti-PvP because it brings out the bully in many people. There is enough trash talking in OOC without the inspection of all being part of it. I see it as a very bad move.

I have inspect turned off on all my toons and I don't use exploits or any such methods to boost my ego.

I enjoy AO and keep playing/promoting and trying to better it each and every day. Being forced into areas of AO that I don't like do not make me much feel like I should re-sub my paid accounts 8(

Please don't punish the many to catch the very few.
    President, The House of Black Star

This is absolutely inane for an update. Congrats FC, you got nothing right on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    This is absolutely inane for an update. Congrats FC, you got nothing right on this one.
    But they gave Enforcers another absolutely vital stun, don't forget that !

One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

hmmmm

Resneak for shades will be OP

deflect is a nice idea but for the love of us that dont play ranged advies.... noooooo
    prevent advies/fixers from using it.
    all these ranged trox advies/fixers that just mr nub around don't need more def tools

a extra charge/stun for enfs? Lol What????
    ENfs are near unrootable with massive rs, and when they get close for most profs its /over
    so u make it even harder to kite them and give em a extra stun...
    Care to give us the logic behind that?

The HHab Nerf...
    BIG keeper nerf , lose their op snare
    Big fixer nerf
    Big Trader nerf
    Minor pet prof nerf (no immunity anymore)
    Minor sold nerf (rootable wootwoot)

Inspect disable , oke sure
    Remove the spam on it tho, dont wanna get spammed with it again

the NCU stuff , kinda have to laugh at FC there LOLZ
    not to hard to code ur launcher to check for mod's on the ao DB ya knowww like most other mmo's do
    aaaaa punkbuster ?
    cheap fix fc rly cheap
    so now i'll see all these greens outrunning me having quickness in ncu xDDD
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    I'm perfectly willing to have all my toons inspected by a GM!
    You will find no exploits, I have nothing to hide. But I strongly oppose to being scrutinized by every jerk in Borealis!

- -

I was opposed to inspect when you first introduced it in 2006(?) but since you made it optional I had it disabled on all my toons since.
    Yes, it's weird in the age of social media, but I do value my privacy and I respect the privacy of others.
    Couldn't agree more with this guy. And you can/should have those GM inspections happen without a warning, without the player even knowing. If something is found then it's time to talk.

It's also not just about "jerks"/elitism though. Why should my opponent be able to check whether my twink is geared for NR? For dodge over evade? etc. NCU inspect is even worse: Hey, that soldier has AMS cooldown running, time to kill him! etc

Oh, and just kneel to the exploiters on the NCU issue instead of fixing the problem? You should consider making this a retroactive policy then as well. You know, just to balance out all of the other exploits that ran rampant in AO. Even the playing field so to speak, since you are doing it the wrong way now you may as well be consistent.

And goodbye again FC, you may get it right one day (yes miracles can occur) and you may aswell announce the next engine which will replace the one after this one you are working on too, it will take you even longer to make that one so better start on it now.
    Wofskeep 220/30/70 Keeper, President of First Order (RK1)
    History: Formed Tuesday August 14, 2001 at 7:00 pm EST.

[Social] Nirvelle: I accidently a whole server

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    But they gave Enforcers another absolutely vital stun, don't forget that !

True, look down upon all the poor little enfos and bless them FC, for they are truly the meek and helpless.

Let the flamewars, balancedicussions begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    This is to level the playing field for people who do not have access to 3rd party programs which provide this information.
    erm, I find providing this information quite unprofessional.

#lame

[*] Soldiers will get their one more hit healing nano properly fixed, it will provide a 10 000 HP healing, giving the soldier 7 seconds to finish his battle before his health is set to 1. This is meant to be a last resort nano formula to buy you a little more time to turn certain defeat in to a possible victory.
    lol, docs will never kill a soldier ever again

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    - We will disable the ability to decline inspects
    might want to re-enable the ability to inspect from sneak too then

[*] Enforcers will get a Charge nano, which will stun their target while the enforcer sprints to it.[*]

[*] Keepers will get their reversed knockback to tractor enemies to their location.
    I hope these nanos have melee-range. Like the agent detaunt-nanos. Makes sense.

[*] All pet professions will get a nano to clear out hostile nanos from their pet's ncu.[/LIST]
    Should be a long cast and recharge for such a potent nano imo. So it slows down the petuser.

- Grid armor will no longer provide nano resistance.
    Makes sense.

I always thought it would be cool if doc got 3 mutually exlusive selfauras. HP, NR and init debuff.
    Last edited by leetlover; Feb 28th, 2014 at 21:07:20.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Anti-GA nukes are removed yes.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    Couldn't agree more with this guy. And you can/should have those GM inspections happen without a warning, without the player even knowing. If something is found then it's time to talk.

It's also not just about "jerks"/elitism though. Why should my opponent be able to check whether my twink is geared for NR? For dodge over evade? etc. NCU inspect is even worse: Hey, that soldier has AMS cooldown running, time to kill him! etc
    Meh.

Also, having buffs and such be visible makes for just as much of a skill game as before. Obscuring things is not really optimal and just gives unfair advantages to professions with extreme duration uberbuffs like AMS.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Dunno, dunno, dunno...

Some changes look quite nice, some get me well, fairly upset.

Signet rings... Many of us raided their ass off getting that crap done on MULTIPLE toons when introduced. Thanks for the time wasted. If you nerf signet rings, make at least nano changes depending on them. For ALL professions...

I read parry transforms to "Glance"... Joel, this is AO and not TSW. As asked often, if its prof independed, cool. Otherwise get rid of that crap and remove all reqs on weapons and whatnot

Enfos get another stun. Yay, nerf stun procs on Crats (they were OP, for sure) but give Enfos another.. Nope...

Enable inspect by default... No! We got social tab (and many of us fought for it like champs over years) for a reason.

Friendly Nanos ... im mixed about this.. If this is enabled for mobs as well - im all in. Otherwise - noty. Im not PVP'ing at all, so in a PVM'er point of view - useless. Unless you see it on mobs as well. {flameshield up!}

The advy calm.. will it work when mobs are in combat? If so, i welcome the change, since crat init debuffs got rendered useless and i can play my advy again.

Ima stop here, before i really go into rant mode.. as i started the post:

Dunno, dunno, dunno...

Can just hope everything isnt set in stone yet and you guys finally listening to the community. Not only the whiners

Cheers!
    - Tik

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

... and just another big MA nerf.

Taking away our 7K heal from Hhab, and nothing given in return ??

Why dont you just move away the whole profession from the game ???

So.. We get to see when dof is up/down then. Very easy to know when to perk ppl. Not having a single evader myself that I play in pvp, I think this is a bad idea.

Secondly.. removing the hhab effects.. Means my soldier is even more susceptible to cc. And it was horrible before. How is this balancing anything?

i really really hope this post is an early april fools.

This changes was based on survey and community input? Doesn't seems like it. Its "there" game, let them have fun on test server.

Aw... no Ring Lubbin' for NTs, MPs, Agents and Traders? Suppose those will be announced with the next monthly update?

Enfo charge&stun special certainly seems over-the-top. Not like they have problems in that area...
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Aw... no Ring Lubbin' for NTs, MPs, Agents and Traders? Suppose those will be announced with the next monthly update?

Enfo charge&stun special certainly seems over-the-top. Not like they have problems in that area...
    no. soon(tm).

After having this update in the back of my mind since my last post I have to say. Fire your staff, they are not working for the right game and this direction could as well lead to the real death of this game. Don't mess with things that works. You will not be able to pull in another type of audience with these types of changes, the only thing you will do is push away the audience that actually plays the game.

The only real "changes" that I can agree on is Keepers getting a root remover and a tractor beam. And GA having a B&E requirement instead of MC. The rest are utter bull**** and just plain stupid.

A soldier will not have a use for the new one-more-hit healing, it will be completely useless. Just make it into a high one time use heal with a lockout, skip the other ****ty idea.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    Aw... no Ring Lubbin' for MPs
    MPs are included under "pet professions"

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Should be a long cast and recharge for such a potent nano imo. So it slows down the petuser.
    Maybe for crats/engis. Also, nerf roots, calms, snares, pretty much everything when it's targeted a pet while you're at it.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast