Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

I have created new froob account few days ago and did not see any greeter.
    Maybe thats because the first and only character on that account is called Awibank
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

No matter what you have to like the enthusiasm here for the game. This months thread has more comments than Dec & Jan updates combined. Things are looking up for the game

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    No matter what you have to like the enthusiasm here for the game. This months thread has more comments than Dec & Jan updates combined. Things are looking up for the game
    For once I have to agree, but only from a population perspective. I was talking to Masta about this last night actually, about how a large portion of the population is actually hidden away in instanced PFs so the visual effect of the population is alot lower than its realistic representation.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    For once I have to agree, but only from a population perspective. I was talking to Masta about this last night actually, about how a large portion of the population is actually hidden away in instanced PFs so the visual effect of the population is alot lower than its realistic representation.
    Hasn't that always been the case though?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Hasn't that always been the case though?
    It's been assumed but I have to honestly say, LFT hasn't been this busy in a damn long time and I've seen alot of people in orgs wandering around, so they must be doing well too.

There is a visual up, which can only mean there is a relative increase too to account for those hiding in SL Statics and DR :P
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by VAUGHN2006 View Post
    Maybe because the dec & jan updates didn't say squat unlike feb which resulted in a majority of the population going wtf is this nonsense and came looking for answers.

Both sad and funny part is that the only reply from FC was about greeters (only 4 hours after a post that mentioned them too) who don't serve any real purpose in this game to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Both sad and funny part is that the only reply from FC was about greeters (only 4 hours after a post that mentioned them too) who don't serve any real purpose in this game to begin with.
    From a PR standpoint, whoever is checking over these monthly updates does a horrible job. It would've taken anyone familiar with the community about 5 min to read the update and point out all aspects of the communication that were going to cause an uproar.

Using the 'it's not what you say but how you say it' viewpoint, there are several things that should have been presented differently. For instance, the whole bit about leveling the playfield with those that have 3rd party programs should never have been stated. Even if that was the expected hope.. that should not have been put in writing. The same applies to the comment about expecting exploit reports to go up and a decrease in exploiting. Again, even if they hoped that Funcom set itself up for all of the discussion.

The Apo ring information. Nice to get updates but again, did they not predict that we'd want to know about the other professions that weren't mentioned as well as their thoughts on things like "what point will there be in upgrading the rings now?". "Why do enforcers need more stuns?" "Why do shades need to be able hide mid combat?". These are questions that pop into the minds of anyone that plays the game. I can't imagine it would've taken more then 10 more minutes to cover off on this information in the original post or evens say something as simple as "I know some of these changes may not make sense at the moment but as we reveal more changes over the next X timeframe, the reason for the changes will be made clear." Instead, they just left it open.

I don't think the staff's intentions are bad.. I'm way past that way of thinking. At this point I can only imagine that they have little to no support in the way of marketing or PR and that's why these types of communications continue to go out to the community.. half done. The whole point of writing these things is to give updates. If the updates aren't actually providing useful information then there really is no point in doing them.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 20th, 2014 at 17:08:15.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    32 pages and not a single Dev comment? i really wonder why anyone is still posting here, i think the only FC Employee reading this thread is Anarrina and she probably has a migraine by now
    For the last week actually.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I have created new froob account few days ago and did not see any greeter.
    Maybe thats because the first and only character on that account is called Awibank
    That might be. As well it could just be that the greeters had a hard time finding you. You might find one popping up when you create another character, unless somehow this account is created under a master account that has an account that was already greeted. I'm not exactly sure how the Account flagging system works for greets, it could be that they are all linked in that way. I can look into it and find out though.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

Pretty sure they should add some form of stats to each apocalypse ring to make it even worth tradeskilling now, the only difference between that and the devalos protection ring was the on use ability for each profession, and they had best not tie those roots/deroots/etc to the apocalypse ring because it won't serve a purpose for any character under 201
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bekrowe View Post
    That might be. As well it could just be that the greeters had a hard time finding you. You might find one popping up when you create another character, unless somehow this account is created under a master account that has an account that was already greeted. I'm not exactly sure how the Account flagging system works for greets, it could be that they are all linked in that way. I can look into it and find out though.
    I'm pretty sure that it is linked to the email address a player submits when creating a new acc. If it's already in the DB - the account is marked as greeted.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    32 pages and not a single Dev comment? i really wonder why anyone is still posting here, i think the only FC Employee reading this thread is Anarrina and she probably has a migraine by now
    It's funny, you hit AoC or TSW forums and all 'our' community managers post ad nauseum, yet here a dev posts went by the wayside with vhab/Kintaii/4-5th recent GM... 3rd class citizens we hath become. (Yet still high-end sub price! whee!)
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

ya but we get away with informing the masses for days at a time without the censorboat arriving

Haven't looked into this game for about 2 years. Popped my head back in and now I'm sad.
    I'm assuming the whole 'dev team made up of ex/current players' thing is no more? Do we have a dev team or the run off of TSW?
    Legit questions - I'm not very up to date.
    Ciao.
    Colawren - Gimpest stripped adventurer on RK1.
    Reroll Enthusiast.
    The alts: Colawrenn, Iriotz, Empea

Proud member of Forsaken and Unity of the Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Colawrenn View Post
    Haven't looked into this game for about 2 years. Popped my head back in and now I'm sad.
    I'm assuming the whole 'dev team made up of ex/current players' thing is no more? Do we have a dev team or the run off of TSW?
    Legit questions - I'm not very up to date.
    Ciao.
    We have 2 devs.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader

is this still good?
    there would be like 10 people pushing the game itself
    http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...ent&navID=1142
    In the subway goes the keepers

Quote Originally Posted by algoreith View Post
    is this still good?
    That is way out of date.

Quote Originally Posted by algoreith View Post
    is this still good?
    Out of date like most of the the AO web site. Really don't trust anything on the AO site to be current. That way you are not disappointed later.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Almost a month and still nothing official from our TSW Director or the Devs.

I saw a toon in NLC the other day.

He was in an org called "Why did I pay for Abandonware"

I wonder if he takes applications...
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Almost a month and still nothing official from our TSW Director or the Devs.

I saw a toon in NLC the other day.

He was in an org called "Why did I pay for Abandonware"

I wonder if he takes applications...
    To be quite honest, I have started to avoid posting on the forums. Because even when faced with logic in its purest form, people will just refuse to listen and go on ranting about whatever doom they have made up in their own mind.

And I used to be quite good at 1. trolling devs 2. get banned from the forums because of my skill at 1.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast