Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Can't be that good if you got caught that often.

Not that I know anything about trolling.

If you were from RK1 you'd also find his "pvp addict" pretty ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Almost a month and still nothing official from our TSW Director or the Devs.

I saw a toon in NLC the other day.

He was in an org called "Why did I pay for Abandonware"

I wonder if he takes applications...
    New update coming in less than a week so will begin another 37 pages complaining about what the 40 or so posters on this forum don't like about the game. I can't wait. Umm on the other hand I can wait. This thread was pretty abrasive and anticipating another one with more of the same vitriol that was in this one I am not looking forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    This thread was pretty abrasive and anticipating another one with more of the same vitriol that was in this one I am not looking forward to.
    Much of that "vitriol" would've been easy to quench with an official reply or two to some of the VERY VALID concerns people have voiced on this thread.

It's quite stupid to make a monthly update post mentioning a lot of upcoming changes that will significantly alter the game, and not explain anything or provide any details about the changes.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    It's quite stupid to make a monthly update post mentioning a lot of upcoming changes that will significantly alter the game, and not explain anything or provide any details about the changes.
    That presupposes the Devs actually give a rats ass about AO. If they are just tossing a few pennies into the crowd of beggars to watch them fight for their own entertainment then it makes perfect sense.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Everyone expects a reply. The guy posts once a month, give or take. He didn't ask for feedback did he?

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/18/18f8...fc3d6b0877.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Aeliniyah View Post
    Much of that "vitriol" would've been easy to quench with an official reply or two to some of the VERY VALID concerns people have voiced on this thread.

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    New update coming in less than a week so will begin another 37 pages complaining about what the 40 or so posters on this forum don't like about the game. I can't wait. Umm on the other hand I can wait. This thread was pretty abrasive and anticipating another one with more of the same vitriol that was in this one I am not looking forward to.
    Abrasive? Vitriol?

I assume, you have never been to a forum of a "modern" MMO?

Trust me, even the worst posters here are SAINTS!

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    Everyone expects a reply. The guy posts once a month, give or take. He didn't ask for feedback did he?

Funny and true!
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post

If he didn't want feedback, technically he could've locked the thread. Of course, that would've just caused 15 different threads to pop up in the 18.6 section.

The easier/smarter/better for PR/etc option would've been to let someone familiar with the game read over the message before posting and simply answer the questions that anyone familiar with this game knows were going to pop up. As I mentioned in an earlier post, even a simple "I know some of these changes may not make sense atm but when combined with other adjustments they are part of our attempts to rebalance professions. Everything will be more clear over time. Once everything is rolled out I'll give a deeper review of the direction we're going and how we feel the changes will positively impact the game."

Simple.. that statement along with removing the stuff about exploits and 3rd party programs would've probably taken this thread down to about 5-10 pages.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 26th, 2014 at 21:07:56.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    If he didn't want feedback, technically he could've locked the thread. Of course, that would've just caused 15 different threads to pop up in the 18.6 section.

The easier/smarter/better for PR/etc option would've been to let someone familiar with the game read over the message before posting and simply answer the questions that anyone familiar with this game knows were going to pop up. As I mentioned in an earlier post, even a simple "I know some of these changes may not make sense atm but when combined with other adjustments they are part of our attempts to rebalance professions. Everything will be more clear over time. Once everything is rolled out I'll give a deeper review of the direction we're going and how we feel the changes will positively impact the game."

Simple.. that statement along with removing the stuff about exploits and 3rd party programs would've probably taken this thread down to about 5-10 pages.
    You should get your sig tattooed to your hand so everytime you start typing you can stop yourself.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You should get your sig tattooed to your hand so everytime you start typing you can stop yourself.
    Seriously.

I'm kinda miffed at the implication that smart and intelligent people need to be squelched. I for one enjoy a little intelligence on the forums from time to time, its a nice change from the sheer volume of derpy window lickers that like to smell their own farts. Maybe it would be a wiser choice to have more intelligence and logic in this forum, instead of less.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Mar 27th, 2014 at 06:04:17.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I got an idea.

We should all go over to AoC and TSW forums and troll the hell out of Joel until he comes back over here to answer some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I got an idea.

We should all go over to AoC and TSW forums and troll the hell out of Joel until he comes back over here to answer some questions.

Only if you do my taxes, Im still expecting them done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    This game has no support system for new players and that's a real shame!
    Yeah, they work on a NPE atm tho. I think the entire 1st playthrough in AO needs a fix tho.

Some of the concerns expressed here is more of a syndrome of a bigger issue as I see it. When the game is dailies >>> hecks with ost >>> inf under the wings of a 220 >>> kill a thousand hacker uri's there is no point in professions.

And the easy game at lower levels makes it pointless with pvm-twinks.

Twinking and replayvalue ftw, but it is too twinkheavy. Take db-questnanos for example. They were originally for endgame players, but since the nanos were so powerfull they became obligatory nanos, which again resulted in the trend of 'just skip the rest until you can get db-nanos'.

(and mhm, ur prob not gonna do stuff with traderjill without them)

imo, uberpower should be innate, or easy to get (for example, medsuit is still relevant at 220) and only the edgepower should be hard to get/rare. That fixes it a little.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I got an idea.

This is a good suggestion lol. We certainly have a formidable bunch of trolls here.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post

Not sure what you mean, I don't look at my hands while using a keyboard... well not since I was about 4 or 5 when my mom taught me how to type. But that being said, I know that people selectively read and generally don't even acknowledge what makes sense but I type over 120 wpm so the time it takes me to write a message isn't worth worrying over.

I put that quote in my sig to remind me not to post too much in Game Suggestions.. that whole area is just an accident waiting to happen for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Take db-questnanos for example. They were originally for endgame players, but since the nanos were so powerfull they became obligatory nanos, which again resulted in the trend of 'just skip the rest until you can get db-nanos'.

The trend of 'just skip the rest until you can get db-nanos', from my vantage point, didn't start because they were so powerful. That trend was a result of people leveling so fast. It used to take people well over a year (if not longer) to get to 220. Professional-grade levelers can now do it in a week. I'm kinda slow in that I actually twink my toons along the way and tend to only use OSTing for research and I can still get to 220 in less than a month. I've seen newbies, just starting out, do 1 to 220 in 1 to 2 months as well. When it only takes 8 weeks to get to the max level, the concept of camping dyna nanos for a week or two or spending outrageous money on them seems less and less appealing. This is the same logic that causes people to skip SL and RK nanos. They just don't feel that it matters when they'll have better soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    and mhm, ur prob not gonna do stuff with traderjill without them
    If I spent my time in AO always inviting every person that just wanted to show up to a raid, regardless of their gear/nanos, all of my toons would be in gimp gear. I take an aggressive approach to gearing up my toons that requires other players that have endgame toons and want to get stuff done. When I'm not trying to gear out a toon or just bored, that's when I've always set aside time to run raids for non endgame geared players that needed help. Quite often I've met people that later on became people I farmed with when I rolled my next alt.

I make no apologies for this. So no, people don't need to be completely endgame to raid with me. They need to be completely endgame to farm with me. There is a difference.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Mar 27th, 2014 at 16:57:56.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

lots of "fight words" here ^_=

HURRY EVERYONE THAT HAS A "GRUDGE" ...GO DO PVP BEFORE
    THE NEW FIXES COME AND WE ALL CAN SEE EVERYONE'S "EPEEN"^_= WIHT INSPECT!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Orrrr, we could ask the Game Director (Genele) to give some responses, given she is actually working on it

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Not sure what you mean, I don't look at my hands while using a keyboard... well not since I was about 4 or 5 when my mom taught me how to type. But that being said, I know that people selectively read and generally don't even acknowledge what makes sense but I type over 120 wpm so the time it takes me to write a message isn't worth worrying over.

I put that quote in my sig to remind me not to post too much in Game Suggestions.. that whole area is just an accident waiting to happen for me.
    I meant that it should translate to the forum as whole lol. You do seem to be repeating yourself alot for the benefit of those who cannot read or think.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast