Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 28th February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bambam View Post
    Can someone please tell me what century it is today??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCdrUW--Jic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    Sigh, we knew that. What we wanted to know was if her in game character is single or not. I've saved enough Funcom points for some really romantic stuff.
    I'm assuming you didn't get the memo, but I called dibs.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by dysfunction View Post
    I'm assuming you didn't get the memo, but I called dibs.
    Once I turn on Barry White on youtube by sending a link and get my foot-massage /emote going it's all over.

haters gonna hate.

Take it someplace else, guys.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Well the next monthly update is from Genele so it'll probably make more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I doubt it
    [Anarina please do not ban me, I love women ...]
    (SOME UNREPEATABLE STUFF)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I'm going to... bend a few rules to answer this one.
    Other than being utterly shocked at the OP for this off topic and ugly post, I am very proud of the response from our moderator. Just enough slap down while maintaining dignity. I forgive you for any and all infractions I have ever received.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Wow Awi.

Lindelu got a lot of things fixed during her time....
    And on her watch, AO experienced the worst, game-altering irregularities in its history.
    Because she only corrected the glitches but not the fallout, we all are still affected by it today.

I for one am glad that she is gone:
    Not because she was a women or a bad person, but because she was incompetent at her job.

I hope the current staff is better at what they do and provide us with more insights very soon!
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Take it someplace else, guys.
    If you jump of a roof (in this case bend the rules a little), then surely we can jump of the roof too (a little)!

haters gonna hate.

Ok, lets get this back on track and not get distracted on things of no importance. Genders have no place online, here everyone is the same thing.
    Today is the 31th, and still nothing from FC devs. Lets hope they pay attention to things...
    Look at the Hat!

Quote Originally Posted by lordcabro View Post
    Ok, lets get this back on track and not get distracted on things of no importance. Genders have no place online, here everyone is the same thing.
    Today is the 31th, and still nothing from FC devs. Lets hope they pay attention to things...
    They always do. Check all the past newsletters, posts, and what not. According to them the engine should have been out a few years ago.

haters gonna hate.

Tomorrow ALL ANSWERS WILL BE ANSWERD!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

okay, I just had to, 31th?

If you're waiting for the new monthly newsletter, here are some fun threads from 2004:

June 2004 -AO Graphics Engine
    November 2004 -When, IF ever, will there be a Graphics update?
    December 2004 -Graphics Engine - Mad Idea?

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    And on her watch, AO experienced the worst, game-altering irregularities in its history.
    I was not stating that she was good at her job, I was simply refuting the statement I quoted.

I'm not qualified to really say whether the people working on AO are good at their jobs or not as I am not a game programmer and have NO idea what limitations have been placed on past or present staff members. That's why I generally stick to comments about Funcom.. because while their employees might have resource and who knows what other hurdles to overcome, the company as a whole has failed Anarchy Online. If their employees are incompetent and they kept them on board then it is still a failure by the company.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

You certainly like making all encompassing bold statements (Worst in its History) Unless you have played the game since its founding and monitored the progress of each game director since then, this statement carries no weight. Just because you say it doesn't mean that:

a. everyone believes like you do or
    b. that you are right

Keep that in mind please

Quote Originally Posted by Bambam View Post
    Can someone please tell me what century it is today??
    Not as progressed as we thought, I guess. Sad times. As per usual, I guess.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    You certainly like making all encompassing bold statements (Worst in its History) Unless you have played the game since its founding and monitored the progress of each game director since then, this statement carries no weight. Just because you say it doesn't mean that:

a. everyone believes like you do or
    b. that you are right

Keep that in mind please
    Yes, I will keep that in mind.
    But I cannot help wondering how tasty that boot must be...

I was not here for beta, but my oldest still existing toon was born on 11/14/2001.

Since then, there were many, many glitches, bugs and irregularities, but nothing as far-reaching and game-upsetting as what we have experienced in recent history.
    In the past, Funcom has made an effort to correct the problems caused by such things, but during Lindelu's tenure, they very much failed to do so.

It is my hope that Funcom will refocus on such matters, rather than releasing unpopular patches as the one in this topic.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

It is my hope that Funcom will refocus on such matters, rather than releasing unpopular patches as the one in this topic.
    I hear you however, keep perspective that the changes are just on a test server.

Nothing is concrete yet. But honestly if those changes all make it though people will have a choice to either adapt or move on.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Lindelu got a lot of things fixed during her time and Genele's posts have not been what you described.
    She's not very good with pvp to say the least. Not that I think it has anything 2 do with what we pee with.

And anyway, I for one do think features (regardles of gender) awi described has a room in developement.

However, a game is independent from a 3d-image. A big image with pretty graphics is not a game and imo, ao is the best game...but the freedom we have in customation and gameplay requires better AI and geometry (the physical world) and imo, they have done things that are very detrimental (totw, battlestation for example) to the advanced and complex AO.
    Last edited by leetlover; Mar 31st, 2014 at 22:55:55.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    I have made more twinks then any FC employe can imagine.
    I made more freak twinks, that any AO player can imagine.
    I paid 2900 USD for this, and I doubt any regular player can imagine.
    I won duels, that some can't imagine. - That cost me over 9000 hours of play.
    and all this to discover that FC lies, beyond anyone could imagine.

So sad, sad, saaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Dear FC - you dont have NEW engine, YOu have engine that doesnt fit graphis you pposses :/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...aUN4j7Gw#t=146

You should've written it that style, it would've been much better.
    Last edited by BytEfLUSh2; Mar 31st, 2014 at 23:09:44.

Yes, I will keep that in mind.
    But I cannot help wondering how tasty that boot must be...

I was not here for beta, but my oldest still existing toon was born on 11/14/2001.

Since then, there were many, many glitches, bugs and irregularities, but nothing as far-reaching and game-upsetting as what we have experienced in recent history.
    In the past, Funcom has made an effort to correct the problems caused by such things, but during Lindelu's tenure, they very much failed to do so.

So... I see here no examples of what you think was botched worse in recent times than in the past. All I see is a lot of.... nothing. There have been many changes through the years some good and some bad. I don't believe there has been un upswing either way if any thing more of a status quo of some good and some bad all along. .Simply saying that one person (Lindalu) was the worst in the history of the game at causing game issues and not fixing things is an overstatement at best. To say someone was incompetent does not make it so without examples and something to compare to. BTW calling me a boot licker... really dumb and laughable, whose boots am I licking and for what reason?

Y'all have a nice day

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast