Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The upcoming 18.7 patch

Quote Originally Posted by Dafie View Post
    there will be no voucher, no option, nothing... FC want us as a cheap target. Your ability of killing a wounded player will be removed.

Shade and keeper will get "more fun to play"(this is quoted from genele).

Nothing to do with an agent, farm lead bots and push up the ai armor price, then sell your credz to egpal.
    i agree with lupus, just a breez, they can't nerf us more, we already a mix between a froob doc + froob MA.
    Dead corpse doesn't feel pain.
    your more bitter and jaded than I am. I salute you sir.

Unhappy Hate the (lack of) Changes

I would explain this further but I don't think FC cares...

Seems like FC has given all the Agent "cool stuff" to Shades and Advies... Seems like all we are good for nowadays is FG/ES buffing and all I need is a froob for that... Oh my poor Agent main!! So NOT loved anymore by FC...
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Nothing is ever going to get better at this point. Just find a new mmo and move on.

ask them to significantly boost consentration and sureshotline, and to fix endgameperks

fear and tractor-resist on evac-nano would be teh pwn
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Everybody seems to be forgetting the line cooldown on CH?

Necromancery is bad, mkay?

such QQ.

many other profs are getting nerfed, so if another prof is nerfed, doesn't that mean agents become more powerful in relation?

No can't go lower than dirt.Everything about us is defective. Just look at the test feedback threads like 1/100 are actually playing and giving feedback for agents on test. Everything else can be nerfed tons we will still suck cause we have always sucked because we were made wrong since day 1 and unless its deleted and started over as something new nothing will ever change for us.
    Last edited by doctorgore; Aug 22nd, 2014 at 03:41:41.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    such QQ.

many other profs are getting nerfed, so if another prof is nerfed, doesn't that mean agents become more powerful in relation?
    Joking right?

Since LE introduction , Agent have been nerfed.
    Well at least, we was able to semi-kite (for those who played pre-LE and knew how agent was able to kite^^ to make enf crazy with snare perk ), to support with CH in group pvp and to spam AS (-_-).

There is an issue with agent community too.
    Some want agent become tanker (def ect)
    Some want agent become ganker/killer/assassin (damn i still recall The 40% rule when you could kill most of prof with swap 8O as/cs/ any spe 40%. Or when you had to choose a gun vs your opponent: razor if Coon prof, Beast rifle to swap or ranged , M150 for low/semi evade prof)
    Last edited by dritst; Aug 22nd, 2014 at 13:11:47.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Since LE introduction , Agent have been nerfed.
    I think LE-era was the best AO-era. Agent was mathemathicly good during AI, but it was so many bugs and faulty designs that ruined it. Once we got TP agent became quite adaptive and fun. What we learn from TP is that agent should really just be able to swap FP on the fly.

There is an issue with agent community too.
    Some want agent become tanker (def ect)
    Some want agent become ganker/killer/assassin)
    I want agent to be agent and that I actually get to play whats being described in charracter-creation. I don't think that and the FP-ability have to exclude eachother tho, like with SL where they discontinued FP and intended to make agent the best DD.

What troubles me most with AO tho is that there is little diference in professions, setups and breeds now. CC and tank-professions even OD pure DD-professions which undermines our role in teams. Just by getting 12m buff (or mochams) you nulify the advantages a breed has for example.

I think the damagebuff from sureshot should take us from 4k damage to 6-7k, and consentration-line to take us even higher (18-20k) since it is just for a few seconds every 7th minute. Since shade has heals, evades and absorb I think agent should have greater pvm-damage.

(damn i still recall The 40% rule when you could kill most of prof with swap 8O as/cs/ any spe 40%. Or when you had to choose a gun vs your opponent: razor if Coon prof, Beast rifle to swap or ranged , M150 for low/semi evade prof)
    Yeah, the shot was stealthfriendly back then too. 2day it is not but the generic ai-perks are
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Aug 24th, 2014 at 18:03:36.

Plain and simple, Agents will be gimped until the point htat no one will play them. If the propossed changes come in to effect. As usual, our Profs Professionals are just a cute avatar as someone else said before. They have no pull or any kind of power. So they like us, just watch the prof being nerfed to the dirt.
    Look at the Hat!

Quote Originally Posted by lordcabro View Post
    Plain and simple, Agents will be gimped until the point htat no one will play them. If the propossed changes come in to effect. As usual, our Profs Professionals are just a cute avatar as someone else said before. They have no pull or any kind of power. So they like us, just watch the prof being nerfed to the dirt.
    This is why I want to see the entire prof removed from ao. Its very clear only two nuclear options will be viable removal of prof from the game or remove mimicry forever and make pure ranged dps.

We will never be balanced we will never be equal to any other prof in ao. We will be kept at the bottom in the dirt now and forever and that is how they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    This is why I want to see the entire prof removed from ao. Its very clear only two nuclear options will be viable removal of prof from the game or remove mimicry forever and make pure ranged dps.

We will never be balanced we will never be equal to any other prof in ao. We will be kept at the bottom in the dirt now and forever and that is how they want it.
    I love reading your posts.

They make me feel like the problems I experience are so small compared to yours.

I read your posts and I get this sense that you live in Africa and your neighbour has ebola and your wife has been cheating on you with a dude with HIV and you can't find any food for your children to eat.

Then I'm like "aaahhhhh" I love my problems: too fat to get off the sofa, too many accounts in AO, and wife can't decide if she's going to have a bath or read tonight (both are fine for me dear!)

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I love reading your posts.

They make me feel like the problems I experience are so small compared to yours.

I read your posts and I get this sense that you live in Africa and your neighbour has ebola and your wife has been cheating on you with a dude with HIV and you can't find any food for your children to eat.

Then I'm like "aaahhhhh" I love my problems: too fat to get off the sofa, too many accounts in AO, and wife can't decide if she's going to have a bath or read tonight (both are fine for me dear!)
    I just choose not to sugar coat it and accept it like so many around here have. What will happen is this, people will whine on here for a month the changes will go through and we get screwed and weaker as usual and nothing positive for us will happen. None of these changes make me want to say wow agents are really awesome now we finally got something worth making and playing an agent.. We will keep getting the pipe shoved up our rear. We would have more options and agents would actually be worth something if people actually. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE
    Last edited by doctorgore; Sep 3rd, 2014 at 03:48:06.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    I just choose not to sugar coat it and accept it like so many around here have. What will happen is this, people will whine on here for a month the changes will go through and we get screwed and weaker as usual and nothing positive for us will happen. None of these changes make me want to say wow agents are really awesome now we finally got something worth making and playing an agent.. We will keep getting the pipe shoved up our rear. We would have more options and agents would actually be worth something if people actually. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE
    Hmm. Well I understand and appreciate your position.

I too feel this way sometimes, but I think it's important to recognize that the changes are not yet 'set in stone', in fact, michi has recently revealed that he will assess the changes prior to live implementation.

That's not to say he will bestow glorious OPness on agents and nerf advy's the way they deserve... but it may mean that he's open to suggestions (as indicated).

My personal feeling is that the changes indicate some very serious lateral play that may open the door to agents having significantly more adaptable play.

I personally play my agent like a doctor: ICR+hots+LGE+occasionally popping a CH.

the changes I've seen to date will make my life so much easier:
    ICR=4x longer
    Hots=about the same (didn't check)
    LGE = heals double (WTF sweet as), CD is 2s (omgwtfbbq awesome)
    CH=100% heal (hello my new love)

since I'm usually healing my alt 200 enf in S7 who has 25-26k HP, it's usually gotta be getting pretty tight when I pop a CH, but, now instead of popping a CH, then another CH, then another CH to get him back to full... it's just one cast, and not only is it one cast, but it's one cast followed by a few LGE's.

Excuse me, but I just started drooling.

Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, or maybe my interpretation is skewed because my primary role when I play agent is something that most people don't do/think... but I personally find the changes to be very nice.

I guess I sympathsize if your feeling is that 220 agents are nerfed. But I also encourage you (you plural) to explore the potential hidden behind the "paper" changes. The details are interesting... And it takes so much more than just a quick look to see the deeper value in some things.

Im sure sromp is working hard to defend agent profession and he's giving some valuable feedback to Michizure.

PS:Proly michi will need some moments to realize that the noisy pixel around him isnt a bug :O
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Ok, apparently I can't quote things any more with this new forum upgrade, soooooo

Knuckle:
    Even if you heal 20k each time with the new CH and fill the gaps with LE every 4s, you won't heal as well as the old CH. It might be situationally nicer for alt-tabbing.
    If you have some ideas for lateral thinking, feel free to contribute to the summary thread.

Drak:
    I've sent in a summary of our wishlist, and suggested fixing a whole bunch of things for 18.7. I get the feeling Michi is pretty busy so the only thing is to wait, and continue to flame in the 18.7 forum.

it is the first time i have heard sromp say anything remotely like that...conjuring public agitation

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    If you have some ideas for lateral thinking
    For doc they could simply remove level-locks on heals. Then you would see more variation in setups.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12