Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scheol Nanos

Cool Scheol Nanos

Boy oh boy... I'd pay good money to buy the Reward Nanos for the Scheol Quests: Jobe Scientists and Knowledge of the Yuttos... Having done it a few times already I'm NOT looking forward to doing it on the rest on my toons..
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Wink Suggestions from talking to people ingame

Assuming it takes a month worst case to get the quest done, then we suggest charging $10 USD.

A friend of mine suggested putting them up for sale in the VP shops but keep the NODROP tag.

That is not the intention, nanoforcer.

Yea and ado brain, and the pen quest rewards... Why not just make it so everything in game can be bought.... Who wants to work for things anymore

I think Ado Brain and Pen Quest are scaled ok. It's the Scheol quest I have an issue with. It's not as 'mandatory' (I can't think of a better word) or worthwhile as the Ado Brain or Pen Xan quest. I view the Scheol quest as more optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Cago30 View Post
    I think Ado Brain and Pen Quest are scaled ok. It's the Scheol quest I have an issue with. It's not as 'mandatory' (I can't think of a better word) or worthwhile as the Ado Brain or Pen Xan quest. I view the Scheol quest as more optional.
    It depends on profession. For some professions nano given as reward is "a must have" for example Crat (best pistol buff) while for others it is sometimes usefull but only up to certain level (like Shade neck item) or even totaly useless like Engie or Adv nanos
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Awikun, I hear what you are saying and I agree. At the end of the day I just want to have fun. Strangely enough I have fun with the Ado Brain and Pen Quest. It's those darn Scheol nano quest that make me act and feel like I'm working instead of enjoying AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    or even totaly useless like Engie or Adv nanos
    I did it asap on engi to puppy my dog... Useless is state of mind^
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Merit View Post
    I did it asap on engi to puppy my dog... Useless is state of mind^
    Useless is the keepers shield

Quote Originally Posted by darknightt View Post
    Useless is the keepers shield
    I think shades and Soldiers get the worse stuff from that. Neck item What?!? and Hud for??? Oh and the quest sequal gives a Neck item Wohoo upgrade and a Sizzle Hud upgrade 1% of the previous useless thingie O.o

Shield has nice social perpose :P

I think they need to add way more of these quests, I would do the scheol quest any day of the week just for the XP, or SK if you save it for later rather than bash hecklers, tiigs, inf missions, grind grind grind away. At least these quests give you something to do instead of mindlessly boring stuff.

Side note: the Engi nano is totally usefull, those big ass robo's are annoying especially inside missions and I get pissed when people haven't went through the trouble of shrinking em.

Actually the soldier items isn't that bad.

If your aim is to build a defensive soldier, it's pretty damn useful.

in TL5 if you build a proper soldier with 6% bracers and 5% backpiece, the 2% reflect on hud 3 brings you up to 75%+5%+6%+2% = 88% reflect, or, put differently, an extra

0.02/(1-0.86) = 14% more mitigation during TMS

and during RRFE:

30%+5%+6% = 41%

0.02/(1-0.41)= 3% more mitigation during non-TMS time (if you used RRFE)

FURTHERMORE, for the critical moment, when soldiers have no reflect due to TMS expiration and whatever aura not repopped, it gives a collosal:

0.02/(0.05+0.06) = 18% more mitigation than without.

Weighted by time proportion, and assuming an average 5s of 0 reflects from nanos based on a 10s repop on (http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=233051):

(14%*80s+3%*35s+18%*5s)/120s = 11% damage mitigation total.

So, while you only see 2% reflect, you must consider that the 2% adds on to all the other reflect mitigation already operational and this is obviously the most substantial at the highest end of the spectrum (i.e. when TMS is active).

^^ at TL6 it's even more effective due to 7% bracer availability, http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223229 and http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=233020 not to mention being able to keep your back piece out of OE without any hassles.

or. Or. OR.

Make the quests not totally suck.

Don't put something like that in the shop, even PWE doesn't put quest items in their cash shops. It's a bad idea. Fix the problem, don't do dopey things.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

I spent 10 hours doing this quest on a 180 advy, over the course of two days.

is that many hours even necessary?
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I personally would never pay for quest completion, but I have no problem with something like that going into item shop to generate revenue to keep AO lights on. For the solo progression or zone/xan questlines only.

I would NOT support this for team quests like db/arid/nerveta.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I personally would never pay for quest completion, but I have no problem with something like that going into item shop to generate revenue to keep AO lights on. For the solo progression or zone/xan questlines only.

I would NOT support this for team quests like db/arid/nerveta.
    Adding quest rewards to shops would actually result in less income, typically, for subscription based games. It could work in a P2W model game, since the income is based on microtransactions, but even there you want people to be grinding for as much time as possible to maximize impulse spending opportunities. Quests should be long enough to cause people to devote time to playing in order to complete them, but not so long and/or stupid boring, especially at the intended level range, that they become completely unfun. A placeable teleport waypoint would be something that would actually make sense to sell for SL quests, since it still keeps people playing, but it makes the quests more convenient for people who have the cash to spend. Or, just make the quests in Scheol suck less.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    I think shades and Soldiers get the worse stuff from that. Neck item What?!? and Hud for??? Oh and the quest sequal gives a Neck item Wohoo upgrade and a Sizzle Hud upgrade 1% of the previous useless thingie O.o

Shield has nice social perpose :P

Not accurate. Shade's neck is quite valuable if you are a PvP shade. The 100 aad is plain and simple: awesome. If you duel a sold or an agent, the 2k HP doesnt help. So instead of loosing def/off, you use that neck and only loose the HP and offense. It's a pretty item.
    If you don't like it, quit.
    If you're staying, stop bitching about it and help.
    If you don't wanna help, at least don't hurt it.

If I have fun, (which I did on fr00b nostalgia) I sub. Money is earned. Making things tedious, and taking 5 weeks to re-gear your returning character to be able to fight an alien your own level.... isn't really fun.

I returned as a lvl 170 NT, and had to do: ELYSIUM - > through to -> PEN gardens, with the scientists and yuttos... HOLY, it was probably 100+ hours of running past grey stuff, (oh and getting 220's to kill quest bosses that PWN'ed me) just to get my new nanos and spec3 deck so that I could actually be an expansion char.

If it weren't for my AMAZING guild Komodo, I would have had no chance @ the 2nd elysium dragon I had to kill (NT killing 100+ dragon w/ no SL roots yet? ... sigh). oh btw, if you fail, he de-spawns and you have to do the tedious parts over again...)

I don't even want to talk about adonis. I'm traumatized. I'll do it on my MA when she's 200

To summarize: for ESSENTIAL nanos/gear, have a level appropriate challenge, that doesn't take half an eternity.
    Last edited by Epicenter; Mar 10th, 2015 at 09:36:10. Reason: too long
    "'Techs are your friend! Everyone uses Nano!" - Zaenix
    "Wushu Ninjagirl, smackin mobs like beef slappin on wet pavement" - Rosmarin
    "Never trust a hive-mind" - Sittinpretty (ex-OT mind control subject)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast