Page 1 of 33 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Hai 2 u,
    Last month, many of you engaged in heated discussions about the nano changes in 18.7. I just want to ensure you all that we do read feedback and will make sure that the nano changes come with proper follow up changes to ensure good game play in the future.

There are already so many changes that have been made in 18.7 and there are also a lot more to come. We will of course listen and modify things as we go, when you have actually tested all these changes and given us valuable feedback. We will have an open dialog with the testlive testers and the professionals to find the best solutions to any problems caused by these changes, especially during the critical time when 18.7 has been patched to Testlive.

The past month has been filled with planning meetings, 18.7 bug fixes/updates, vacation for the dev team and a large bit of frustration. We had planned to patch the beta servers before leaving for vacation.

However, our build machine decided to make our lives difficult by dying every time we tried to create the patch. Operations have been helping us out, but sadly we got defeated by the build machine and had to leave on vacation without patching the beta servers. The plan now is to make a patch this week, now that we are all back in the office.

We have made a large number of bug fixes in the 18.7 branch and some new features. I will list some of the highlights for the upcoming patch below:

Beta Server Patch 18.7.0.10 Highlights
    The battlestations have been reworked a bit so that areas that have been previously closed with glass have been re-opened. Using the /stuck functionality will no longer get you “lost in space”. Finally we have set a 10 second cooldown and a skill-lock to treatment when using the teleporters. This is to prevent players from easily getting away from a fight to heal up quickly.

A ctrl+click functionality add items to a vendor window has been made for 18.7 which is something I believe many of you will be very happy to get. (I know I have been smashing my face against the keyboard while slowly selling off my many backpacks of mission loot. CTRL click click click... would have made my day many days, hehe.)

We have actually fixed the zone border between Lush Fields and Clon****. Coast of Peace and tranquility will also be re-opened.

That is it from me this month.

- Genele

PS. Sorry my newsletter was a bit late this Month, I was too busy drinking Pinã Colada on my saved up one week vacation!
    Last edited by Genele; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 16:54:30.

Pls, i can get first again. Multiboxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    NO U

Second

Edit: can you patch test live already? Why a beta server? Let everyone in..
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Last!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Second to last!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Pretty insignificant as usual.

GG on realizing something every pvper did the day after you put it in.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Omg, i had almost given up, as the impation person that i am
    But on a more serious note, feedback = good
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 17:06:31.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Next months update:

Crikey!!! The server hamster croaked!

haters gonna hate.

Thanks for the update genele, yay for the ctrl + click. Hope you enjoyed your vacation and i don't think one too many exist on holiday ��

Ok.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Wonderful, a boilerplate 'your feedback is important to us' without discussing any of the points actually raised, plus some lame excuses as to why nothing happened this month. Anyone notice how often its mentioned in updates that people are sick or something isnt working thus no work/minimal work got done?

Another worthless update imo
    Last edited by Neista; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 17:22:16.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

The only thing these "development updates" tell me is that you people at FC are on vacation more often than not. Which explains why this game hasn't seen progress since 2005.

Oh my god! I am so happy about the ctrl-click thing. I made that suggestion about a month ago in the game suggestion forum and figured it would never happen (or at least not any time soon). So simple but yet so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    The only thing these "development updates" tell me is that you people at FC are on vacation more often than not. Which explains why this game hasn't seen progress since 2005.
    Only thing I can relate with you.

Nothing to see here folks.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Oh my god! I am so happy about the ctrl-click thing. I made that suggestion about a month ago in the game suggestion forum and figured it would never happen (or at least not any time soon). So simple but yet so awesome.
    Yay i saw that and think i bumped for it too so nice to see it happen. Proof we do get listened to (on top of genele saying so lol)

The lock out on treatment in bs to avoid running through teleporter to heal was also a player suggestion from last months update (or a post on a thread within the last month) really didn't expect any new changes to happen before the already planned changes with npe and gfx engine ��

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Yay i saw that and think i bumped for it too so nice to see it happen. Proof we do get listened to (on top of genele saying so lol)

The lock out on treatment in bs to avoid running through teleporter to heal was also a player suggestion from last months update (or a post on a thread within the last month) really didn't expect any new changes to happen before the already planned changes with npe and gfx engine ��
    Before ? Read again. It's in conjuction and shoulda been done the day it got released.
    NO U

Sadly people have been asking for 10 years to sell stuff easier. This was suggested in 2004 too and onwards. They even had suggestions of dragging a whole backpack to the vendor window in 2004.

haters gonna hate.

I am disappoint :|
    Theo
    -- Unit Leader of Nocturnal Fear --
    -- Long term friend of The Velvet Glove --

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    when you have actually tested all these changes and given us valuable feedback. We will have an open dialog with the testlive testers and the professionals to find the best solutions to any problems caused by these changes,
    True, while many of us can't comment with full understanding on what is 'coming', we full well have understanding on how things are now, do you?
    I make it look easy, 'cause it is to me.

Page 1 of 33 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast