Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    Did you copy/paste or rewrite the whole thing?

OMG Shalex are you following me?!?!?!
    copy/paste bro. aint noone got time for rewrite

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Is this a sign of the times that past loyal AO supporters are getting fed up?
    Yes, that might be true. I know it is in my case.
    But he is also correct about what he says here:

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    To make things even worse AO's economy is ruined thx to incompetence of FC that first of all over the years could not stop many exploits like credit generation, item duplication etc.
    The funny thing is that FC refuse to admit that exploits even exist by deleting or locking any threads that have word "exploit" in topic. The only thing that is done every patch is to write the same sentence at the end of every patch note: "We fixed various bugs and exploits"
    In my 2.5 years of absence, AO has suffered serious damage by half a dozen irregularities that I'm aware of.
    Two of them were unprecedented in scope and gravity. Yet Funcom has done next to nothing to remedy the fallout.

Now they have the audacity to implement mandatory inspect, taking away a piece of privacy from rule-abiding players, so the paying customer can do Funcom's job and catch cheaters for them.

Monumental corporate failure!

I don't need to see another vague monthly update for the rest of the year, if Funcom would spend all their time correcting what went wrong in the last 2 years.
    Last edited by Grandpa; Apr 4th, 2014 at 20:21:28.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Notevenmad View Post
    copy/paste bro. aint noone got time for rewrite
    The number of copy/pastes in AO has always been too damn high....
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Yes, that might be true. I know it is in my case.
    But he is also correct about what he says here:

In my 2.5 years of absence, AO has suffered serious damage by half a dozen irregularities that I'm aware of.
    Two of them were unprecedented in scope and gravity. Yet Funcom has done next to nothing to remedy the fallout.

Now Funcom has the audacity to implement mandatory inspect, taking away a piece of privacy from rule-abiding players, so the paying customer can do their job and catch cheaters for them.

Monumental corporate failure!
    On a personal note, I intend to maintain my policy of asking before inspecting, whether someone inspects me first or not.

Sadly, I can't see many others sticking to this.

On that point, I agree completely.

For goodness sake. I had forgotten about that new inspect thing. Dear oh dear
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

Quote Originally Posted by Spead View Post
    For goodness sake. I had forgotten about that new inspect thing. Dear oh dear
    Oh noes! People will see my carb!
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    I am not discounting any of the posts you have made, because in a fair light they are true and make perfect sense. The difference being that after my 10+ years of AO i take it at face value of a momentary distraction or as a few hours of entertainment killing lvl 5 bio freaks and mutants with my 220's.

I don't take AO too seriously at this point and I see any change as not necessarily progress but as a new challenge to an old game. So bring on reflect, open inspect, and nano changes. It won't change how I play or who I play with honestly. I take it with a grain of salt. Serenity Prayer
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I am not discounting any of the posts you have made, because in a fair light they are true and make perfect sense. The difference being that after my 10+ years of AO i take it at face value of a momentary distraction or as a few hours of entertainment killing lvl 5 bio freaks and mutants with my 220's.

I don't take AO too seriously at this point and I see any change as not necessarily progress but as a new challenge to an old game. So bring on reflect, open inspect, and nano changes. It won't change how I play or who I play with honestly. I take it with a grain of salt. Serenity Prayer
    You have a very healthy approach!

I guess the state of the game just shocked me when I returned after my long break.
    Even though I have kept quiet for the last decade or so, I felt it was my time to speak up.

Some like to suppress the truth, rather than talking about solutions, but this time I thought Funcom needed to hear it loud and clear.

But you are correct, it is just a game!
    I enjoy the people I play with and, ultimately, that is all that matters.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Best post in any thread, by any person, in a long damn time. Thanks for reminding us what it's all about.

Cheers!

Smile

I fail to understand how people can support the devs still. Instead of giving any kind of reply on important issues that can EASILY be addressed (once again, read: multiboxing) she choses to make "troll" threads after being called out on a shoddy update. Perhaps if you posted relevant information in your monthly updates instead of tales of your incompetency people would not feel the need to call you out.

Saying things like "we listen to you" and then showing the complete opposite in your actions is a big reason for people to be angry. The only people that support your thread are brainwashed basement dwelling neckbeard whiteknights and they are the minority. You're repeatedly pissing off a large majority of your playerbase and they will (and many already have) look to other horizons if you guys do not up your game soon.

I love AO and hate to see it die due to sheer incompetence.
    Well I support the devs and I don't like being called names for no apparent reason. Sheesh.

The current state of AO reminds me of the game Theme Park, as i recall it was possible to open your park with no rides or stalls built and despite there being nothing to do there some people would still turn up and pay the entrance fee...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

FC is not forcing anybody to play their game. Stop complaining and move along people
    Omni Soldier 220/30/70
    Alt: Chemineer - Omni engineer 220/23/64
    Alt: Chemitor - Omni doctor 220/26/70
    Alt: Chemicrat - Omni Crat 220/20/46
    Alt: Chemysicist - Omni MP 220/17/18
    Alt: Chemitech - Omni NT 220/13/52
    Alt: Chemiforcer - Omni Enforcer 220/16/20
    Alt: Chemiture - Omni Adventurer 220/16/36
    Alt: Chemi007 - Omni Agent 150/12/11
    Alt: Chemikeeper - Omni Keeper 7/0/1
    Member of Core (Former Horizon, Former Nemesis of Chaos, Former United, former Legion, former The BlackHand,former Elysium, former Rubi-Ka Elite Force)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...v/exercise.png

Pear and and swine bereft of me
    Long and weary my road has been
    I was lost in the cities, alone in the hills
    No sorrow or pity for leaving, I feel, yeah
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    The current state of AO reminds me of the game Theme Park, as i recall it was possible to open your park with no rides or stalls built and despite there being nothing to do there some people would still turn up and pay the entrance fee...
    That is brilliant ma'am
    Devil Inside

Spead 220/30 Fixer Fpea 170/24 Agent
    Default1025 144/18 Trader Imaganker 75/8 Agent
    Franklucas 30/3 Trader Battleprod 13/0 Trader
    And exactly 137 other alts that you dont need to know

I fail to understand how people can support the devs still. Instead of giving any kind of reply on important issues that can EASILY be addressed (once again, read: multiboxing) she choses to make "troll" threads after being called out on a shoddy update. Perhaps if you posted relevant information in your monthly updates instead of tales of your incompetency people would not feel the need to call you out.

Saying things like "we listen to you" and then showing the complete opposite in your actions is a big reason for people to be angry. The only people that support your thread are brainwashed basement dwelling neckbeard whiteknights and they are the minority. You're repeatedly pissing off a large majority of your playerbase and they will (and many already have) look to other horizons if you guys do not up your game soon.

I love AO and hate to see it die due to sheer incompetence.
    A big part of the population considers multiboxing fun. A big part of the devs do too. It's not an universal "problem".
    If it's permanently disabled it won't benefit AO. It will cancel subs and make AO worse.

That said, I rarely multibox and only have two paid accounts. I have seen people do up to 4 and I find it awesome.

Always remember: Multiboxing didn't make the population small. The small population made a greater need for multiboxing. It's not a perfect solution but it works.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    A big part of the population considers multiboxing fun. A big part of the devs do too. It's not an universal "problem".
    If it's permanently disabled it won't benefit AO. It will cancel subs and make AO worse.

That said, I rarely multibox and only have two paid accounts. I have seen people do up to 4 and I find it awesome.

Always remember: Multiboxing didn't make the population small. The small population made a greater need for multiboxing. It's not a perfect solution but it works.
    obviously referring to pvp multiboxing here noone cares about pvm, do you even play this game?

obviously referring to pvp multiboxing here noone cares about pvm, do you even play this game?
    No, obviously have never played it!

Also, pvp multiboxing is easily defeated by any group of minimally organized people. It's a non-issue if the underlying low population problem is solved.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    A big part of the population considers multiboxing fun.
    Are you sure about this? I mean I know a lot of people with 2-6 accounts but most of them do not multibox (use 3rd party software to control the other clients), they just multilog using alt+tab and control each client manually. I'm willing to bet that due to the wording of the EULA that most players thought it was against the game rules until that thread last year where Funcom said it was ok. So I doubt a big part of the population considers it fun because a big part of the population isn't even doing it.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Most people don't like to pay for several very expensive accounts to be able to spend a few hours playing online.

Most people who now play AO "like" to multilog because all those who didn't left.

In a few months most people playing AO will like to multibox for the same reason.

Soon AO will become a game playable only by those willing to pay exorbitant amounts of real money on a daily basis.

And since there is a sucker born every second, AO might well have a playerbase.

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast