Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Are you sure about this? I mean I know a lot of people with 2-6 accounts but most of them do not multibox (use 3rd party software to control the other clients), they just multilog using alt+tab and control each client manually. I'm willing to bet that due to the wording of the EULA that most players thought it was against the game rules until that thread last year where Funcom said it was ok. So I doubt a big part of the population considers it fun because a big part of the population isn't even doing it.
    Multiboxing actually refers to using several computers (multi *box*) to play multiple accounts. I get your point, but it's void since it's not what I was referring to in any part of my post. I, personally, have used a dual-monitor setup and two clients, one on each screen. Fully within the EULA.

I could also have used a program like Synergy to share my mouse and keyboard to a second computer and screen without breaking the EULA (it works exactly like a 2+ monitor setup, but I don't have 3 paid accounts so it's not needed).

People macro'ing more than one ability to a key, be it with one, two or ten clients may be breaking the EULA but that's not a required part of multiboxing in many games out there, including AO.

It's also not breaking the EULA if you bind, for example 1 2 3... 9 0 to abilities on one client and, for example, alt + 1 2 3 .. 9 0 to abilities on a second client (or a second PC). You're still using one input per ability. Just make sure alt-1 to 0 aren't also mapped to stuff on the first PC. I wouldn't do it because I personally prefer the dual-monitor solution, but that's down to personal preference.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Apr 6th, 2014 at 16:55:24. Reason: tons of typos, I should get to bed!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

DigitalBath- I'm not really trying to get the multiboxing debate going in yet another thread but if you look at one of the many that have been started the past few months you'll see the argument. The first link is still unlocked (for now) so that's probably a better place to voice your concerns (but its a free world so do as you please obviously).

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=610413
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=610395
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=610340
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=609690
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=609965
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=609601
    etc

Again, as I stated, i don't think the majority of people are using 3rd party programs to control multiple clients and that is the multiboxing definition everyone's been using on the forums as of late. So when you start using the term multiboxing on AO forums with all of the noise that's been created in a myriad of other threads, people will assume (rightfully or not) that you are referring to use of 3rd party programs since people have been differentiating between the 2 options (with/without 3rd party software) by saying multiboxing vs multilogging.

Just a friendly head's up as no one cares if you log on to multiple accounts at once if a 3rd party program isn't involved. I haven't heard and/or seen a single person have issue with that so your concern/your situation is not even up for debate. As a sidenote, I've been triple logging accounts since 2005 or so.. without the use of any software or anything else. It is nowhere close to being as efficient as using hotkeynet.. I tried it and my dps and such went up tremendously but it felt like cheating to me so after my 1 day experiment was done I stopped.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 6th, 2014 at 17:53:39.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I cant see nothing significant coming in a nearly future. To be honest i lost my hope about things gettting fixed along the years. NW is broken, PvP is all about multiboxing; BS never got fixed; not a single expansion pack as significant as Shadowlands; nothing. Same all bugs and exploits, pretty much all over these years.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

DigitalBath- I'm not really trying to get the multiboxing debate going in yet another thread but if you look at one of the many that have been started the past few months you'll see the argument. The first link is still unlocked (for now) so that's probably a better place to voice your concerns (but its a free world so do as you please obviously).

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=610413
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=610395
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=610340
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=609690
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=609965
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=609601
    etc

Again, as I stated, i don't think the majority of people are using 3rd party programs to control multiple clients and that is the multiboxing definition everyone's been using on the forums as of late. So when you start using the term multiboxing on AO forums with all of the noise that's been created in a myriad of other threads, people will assume (rightfully or not) that you are referring to use of 3rd party programs since people have been differentiating between the 2 options (with/without 3rd party software) by saying multiboxing vs multilogging.

Just a friendly head's up as no one cares if you log on to multiple accounts at once if a 3rd party program isn't involved. I haven't heard and/or seen a single person have issue with that so your concern/your situation is not even up for debate. As a sidenote, I've been triple logging accounts since 2005 or so.. without the use of any software or anything else. It is nowhere close to being as efficient as using hotkeynet.. I tried it and my dps and such went up tremendously but it felt like cheating to me so after my 1 day experiment was done I stopped.
    I didn't raise any issue. I replied to someone who did.
    I'm fine with multiboxing and "multilogging" and whatever non-3rd party variant. Even with the 3rd party variants that don't send more than 1 input per click/keystroke.

The use other people make of a word in a forum is irrelevant to me since I'd be destroying many, many words if I bent to everyone's misuse. I prefer to just explain what "multi box" means and get on with it.

I also never said the majority of people use multiboxing. Anywhere.
    If you're referring to "A big part of the population considers multiboxing fun", it doesn't imply majority at all! It's a simple observation of the fact most teams I've been in for the last couple of years had at least one multiboxer. It was never an issue and a lot of people even appreciated it. Therefore, a big part finds it fun. Doesn't even mean they actually do it! They are just thankful for it since it means they still get teams.

I think we have no debate here! This is pointless posting as you probably thought I was raising an issue somewhere
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Apr 6th, 2014 at 18:40:26.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    This is pointless posting as you probably thought I was raising an issue somewhere
    Pointless posting on AO forums.. no way.
    You can find me at:

Pointless posting on AO forums.. no way.
    *Hi 5's Traderjill*

This is not a pointless post either, especially not on a Monthly Dev Update.
    I don't know it's point other than to express the high fiving itself, but that's got to be good for something, considering the amount of fluff in these!
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Multiboxing is lame its equivalent to a nt back in the day being able to click one button and instakill any flagged person.Please fix multiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by legend1617 View Post
    Multiboxing is lame its equivalent to a nt back in the day being able to click one button and instakill any flagged person.Please fix multiboxing
    Now it takes 3 buttons for an NT to do that. Oh noes.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Somebody please explain to me what people mean when they say "multiboxing"?

I've been "multi-logging" for many years.
    On the many bots that I'm on, practically everyone dual, triple or even quadruple logs at times.
    I don't know anyone who does not have at least another froob account, for buffs or banking, and will log it as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Always remember: Multiboxing didn't make the population small. The small population made a greater need for multiboxing. It's not a perfect solution but it works.
    This is certainly true!

8h a day, we have about 30 people on LFT, but the other 16h there are maybe only 5.
    How do you get anything done without at least the occasional multi-log?

Now controlling another toon with 3rd party software should not happen, but multi-logs are simply necessary in a game this small.
    Last edited by Grandpa; Apr 6th, 2014 at 23:58:48.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Thats the crux of the issue. Its using a third party program to controll all accounts at once that is against the EULA. I really dont think michi ment to say that was ok. My opinion he was saying actually logging in to more than one account was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Somebody please explain to me what people mean when they say "multiboxing"?
    See below:
    You can find me at:

multiboxing trending in a mmo is so fail on so many levels

MB-pvp is viable due to special-attacks being instant and due to those uber teambuffs. Nerf that.

Yeah, altho bor-pvp and battlestation is usually several charracters focusing on one target I'd say bring back professions in pvp (stop slapping as on weapons to "fix" professsions) and make the teambuffs active instead of passive. Active = like the guardian perk. Aimed Shot could require standing still and aim for 2 seconds before the attack itself is available. Would be plenty time for tactical manouvers.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 7th, 2014 at 04:34:42.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Now it takes 3 buttons for an NT to do that. Oh noes.
    That's not a guarantee, and not every NT can do that.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I was told that the reason why FC won't remove the MB issue is because they can't.
    The system is so bad it can't lock on to it and as a problem. Once over, even if they could block that sort of thing, then it would actually require an entire de-prioritization of NPE and other things that have been in the works (oh since forever now I guess) and slated to make a near future appearance.

Lastly, the fact that they see it as not a direct violation of the EULA, doesn't mean they may not change the EULA sometime in the near future.

Basically at this point, support it if you like - but it won't be fixed any time soon even if they had the power to do so.
    So, as usual, doge am disappoint. I am accidentally such scare. wow.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

I'm not playing this game anymore, but I like to come here and read about what's happening from time to time.. Last time I returned to the game it was in fact these forums that made me want to come back.

Unfortunately, reading the two latest monthly updates have turned me off AO for at least another game director. Hopefully the next one understands that Enforcers and Shades are not the ones in need of buffing and that there are other things in the game that needs looking in to in stead of the inspect function and profession apocalypse rings.

About the whole "Multiboxing problem"
    Professional Game Director would at least ask a comunity instead of hiding her head into sand!
    For the last 2-3 months multiboxing is the hottest subject on those forums and GD does not even write a one sentece in her Monthly bla bla bla...

Make a poll or a questionaire:
    1. Do you multibox in AO? (yes/no)
    2. Do you mind if other multibox in AO pvm/pvp? (yes/yes, yes/no, no/yes, no/no)
    3. What action towords multiboxing would like to see implemented (nothing, ban, I do not care etc.)

Instead of pretending that there is no multiboxing problem in AO FC should at least try to do something.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Make a poll or a questionaire:
    1. Do you multibox in AO? (yes/no)
    2. Do you mind if other multibox in AO pvm/pvp? (yes/yes, yes/no, no/yes, no/no)
    3. What action towords multiboxing would like to see implemented (nothing, ban, I do not care etc.)

Instead of pretending that there is no multiboxing problem in AO FC should at least try to do something.
    Agreed.

I'll bet a horse the result would be something like:

Lots of people multilog chars for pvm and want to continue doing so. Few care that others multilog or even multibox for pvm.

Few people multibox for pvp. Lots of people don't like that others multibox for pvp.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

I agree more or less with 1 exception.

It must be clearly explained what is the difference between multilogging (which is and should be allowed) and multiboxing (which should be banable offence).

Multiloging and alt tabing is OK (for buffing, keeping extra bank, or even following playing 2-3 chars alt tabbing).
    Multiboxing is different and I think even most pvm ers do not like "unfair competition" when it comes to farming items and / or lootright selling (but I may be wrong on this one)
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

In all the chatter though... what is the definition of multiboxing and where are the thirdparty tools involved because im pretty sure the problem lies in third party tool use.

I could also imagine theres a difference in the definition used by random ppl in the forums and the definition followed by Funcom
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    In all the chatter though... what is the definition of multiboxing and where are the thirdparty tools involved because im pretty sure the problem lies in third party tool use.

I could also imagine theres a difference in the definition used by random ppl in the forums and the definition followed by Funcom
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...69&postcount=5

That statement is really what's caused all the confusion. It's vague/unclear, imo but since there's been about a zillion threads on the topic I just go with the thought that funcom condones usage of 3rd party programs. None of the hotkeynet threads have been deleted/closed in the game mechanics section and if it were considered to be against the game rules then those threads would have been shut down for discussing exploits.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 7th, 2014 at 18:00:59.
    You can find me at:

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast