Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    hmm.. somebody's account get hacked or have I totally missed this side of your communication style? Glad I deleted my reply.. wasn't worth the argument I don't think.
    Not hacked. Sometimes instances like this are an annoyance to me. I don't react so well when random forum-goers take something I said out of context and assuming I'm talking directly about them personally, and then expect me to conform to their notions when they didn't even completely understand mine. *shrug* I am not accusing you of this, but it seems to happen to me quite a bit because I have solid opinions about what I like and dislike. That sort of mindset attracts the sort of people who want to feel offended. While I sympathize with those offended, the method in which they attach that offense irks me.

And you know I've never been one to roll over simply because someone showed some teeth. I work with people IRL who are twenty times worse than your run of the mill internet troll, whom carry knives capable of splitting a pig, and at the end of the day we still manage to maintain a level of professionalism and work as a solid unit.

At least you and I can agree to disagree, without personal attacks. I hope you don't take that in a way I don't intend, because if no one today has told you how much they appreciate that - then let me be the first.
    Last edited by Towerblock; Apr 14th, 2014 at 07:47:58.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeephonz View Post
    Let the ad-hom wars begin!
    lol and don't forget to inform dispatch to send in the special victims units.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Frankly, I can't help wondering if these multiboxers are linked to the credspammers we see so frequently...
    I mean, where and how do they get such huge amounts of creds and items?
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Years ago I was in an adonis team at main...

So... I told my guild they logged toons and we od'd them on every mob until they finally gave up and went away...

If you look at it from the side that we took the spot, maybe it appeared like we did grief those poor guys. But in reality, they got what they deserved within the confines of the game rules. There is a lot of bullying in MMO's and when someone feels as if they've been bullied or wronged and retaliate.. well it is what it is and you just have to take your medicine.
    Wow. Surprised to see a story like that readily admitted. Although this was old news I am sure probably years old I am curious. Do you feel the other 5 players got screwed for the actions of the team lead? Or did they all deserve what they got for being in same team/org?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Frankly, I can't help wondering if these multiboxers are linked to the credspammers we see so frequently...
    Simple: with multiple paying accounts (MA), the game becomes a lot easier and so the loot and creds increase tenfold.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

While I believe MA to be more problematic to AO than MB, I guess a solution for MB pvp could be to rename the ao windows often, when in pvp areas or flagged. MB softwares, if I remember correctly, uses the window name to know where to send the events. There are always ways around, but AO being a niche game (and the best), the main MB softwares very probably wouldn't adapt to AO specific needs.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Wow. Surprised to see a story like that readily admitted. Although this was old news I am sure probably years old I am curious. Do you feel the other 5 players got screwed for the actions of the team lead? Or did they all deserve what they got for being in same team/org?
    I'm not sure how things worked on RK1 but in the world I lived in on RK2 there were consequences for your actions. I left a lot out because the story could've been 3 pages but I did attempt to nicely speak with the remaining members of the team, including asking them to reinvite us back for 3 more runs just so we (me and my orgmate) could get our last ding and move on.

There's that saying "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.". It is one of my favorites because I've found it to be true. People standing by watching other people engage in d-bag style behavior are just as bad as the main perpetrator in my eyes. There was a code, back in those adonis leveling days, and you really didn't kick people from outdoor public teams for orgmates 'just because' (we were the top 2 performers on the team). Usually there were waiting lists for spots.

So no, didn't feel bad about doing what we did, didn't feel bad for the other guys that weren't the team leader because they went along with his behavior. I think we (my org) did a public service by showing that guy, his orgmates and those others that you can't just treat people like crap and expect them to take it. Not in a world where most damage=winning kill.

I wish I could say that was the only time something like that happened but it wasn't. There were plenty of times (when I was on my doctor) that someone (clan , omni or neutral) decided that they were going to OD me on a spawn and I called in back-up. There have been plenty of times where I've gone to back-up a friend or orgmate for the same reason. That's just the way of the AO world.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

You don't need huge amount of credits if you actually do the content in the game versus buying lootrights. This applies to everyone but people that multilog/multibox moreso since they don't have to share loot drops and can sell the things they don't need to people who, for whatever reason, choose not to participate in PvE.
    You can find me at:

One word -> Exploits

You don't need huge amount of credits if you actually do the content in the game versus buying lootrights. This applies to everyone but people that multilog/multibox moreso since they don't have to share loot drops and can sell the things they don't need to people who, for whatever reason, choose not to participate in PvE.
    I agree, people shouldn't have to pay other players for kite team or lootrights or anything. It should be so much easier just to get in a good team and get decent levels and loot that you need playing through the game how it should normally be played.

Other than this game's really bad pvm content what other reason do people need to avoid participating. Monster AI is so bad you can easily say there's no AI at all. There's absolutely no pvm in this game that's challenging, hence it's boring and people do whatever it takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Other than this game's really bad pvm content what other reason do people need to avoid participating. Monster AI is so bad you can easily say there's no AI at all. There's absolutely no pvm in this game that's challenging, hence it's boring and people do whatever it takes to avoid it.
    What is your point? You're preaching to the choir. As a primarily PvM player do you really think there's anyone more annoyed by the lack of challenge in AO's PvM content than me?

My statement wasn't a judgement it was one of simple fact. If you actually do the content you don't need to pay. If you don't do the content, for whatever reason, then you buy.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 14th, 2014 at 17:48:10.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    Good choice. Now if you had done that in the beginning instead of reacting all drama llama on me, we all coulda had a brighter day.

As an admission, I have ignored quite a bit of your posts too up until today - mostly because they seem to share a common theme of bite and snarl when you disagree. The upside to this, is that the door swings both ways.

Cheers.
    So you *are* a troll.

Good show, and don't worry, you won't get any more concerns here!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    So you *are* a troll.
    Anyway.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Well, after what is over 8 years now of on and off (mostly on) of playing Anarchy Online, I feel compelled to write my first post on the forums ever. I quit this game for good a couple months ago, and will never come back to play it, not even when the new engine is released. Yeah yeah, same old story as 35892358t839852 players before me, but at what point, Funcom, do you stop, and think to yourselves, wow, how much money could we possibly have in our pocket if we'd made any attempt to keep even a fraction of that playerbase with us. And yes, I am claiming outright that you have taken absolutely zero initiative in I don't even know how long now, to actually KEEP your playerbase. This has been displayed as fact soooo many times it's pathetic.

This developmental update, and the many many many many many many many MANY like it over the years, are nothing shy of insulting. "Hey, we haven't REALLY done anything.... But here's a consolation, oh and sorry guys, our hardware is broken and I'm on holidays XDXD"... Your game (the only game with any sort of heartbeat), and therefore your company is quite literally in jeopardy, and us as paying customers (8 years I played this game, to the point of addiction - having 6 accounts by myself to multibox just so I COULD do anything I desired, when I desired) and you deem it acceptable to joke with us about you being on the booze on your holidays? Look at the last 20 pages of this thread, Genele. Go back, and look at the 20+ pages in the developmental updates in the last, oh I don't know, let's sway on your side, and leave it at 3 years... You got maybe, 0.5% of the population that feels as though it's their responsibility to defend you, and your company, but the majority... The VAST majority of players, we're talking WELL over 95% of the playerbase, the PAYING PLAYERBASE, THE ONLY REASON YOU HAVE A JOB, are not happy. These updates are pathetic, the "progress" is pathetic, and, to be quite frank, I don't understand why you, or just about any other person in management at Funcom has a job right now.

It's outright insulting.
    Age of Conan, when the game was in the state it was, was outright insulting.
    The Secret World, when we were promised a new engine for years at that point, had been promised a profession rebalance for years at that point, was outright insulting.
    You, trying to have a joke with us about your pina coladas and holidays like the majority of people you're addressing are going to find any amusement in that whatsoever, is just outright insulting.
    I paid one of my accounts for a year to get beta access to the new engine, and the amount of "progress" that had been made there, is outright insulting. A new starting area (and MANY people have already commented on that far more than I ever could), a new ICC, and some god rays. "Oh oh but but but the textures aren-", so what? Why aren't they there? You've had HOW MANY YEARS to do this? How much of the dollars made from ANARCHY ONLINE PLAYERS went into making Age of Conan? Or The Secret World? All the while we saw little to no improvement.

Lost Eden? Legacy of Xan? Well, so much for Kyr'Ozch weapons - Oh, but no, don't worry, at least we all still needed those intelligent symbiants, to simply combine with more rubbish that had to be grinded out, all so that we could have an extra 30 points in all stats. Big whoop.

Then you force "balance changes" down players throats, same players that almost unanimously tell you don't want those changes you've employed, that tell you those changes are in fact ADDING to the problem as opposed to actually solving the problem, and that, quite understandably, the time you've invested to the undesired changes, is time that could be BETTER SPENT releasing a damn engine that has been promised for years upon years.

Nah, sorry Genele. It's too insulting at this point.
    You enjoy your pina coladas mate, keep working up those holiday hours that you have clearly earned so hard. Keep making light of the situation that is at hand. It clearly placates your bosses, so to hell with the playerbase eh? So long as you keep getting dem cheques for the coladas, who gives a damn what the lowly $20/month plebs think.

Over an 8 year investment of something I loved. Ruined by inadequacy and incompetence.
    Make more jokes though mate.
    I'm just another one of the "impossible to please" right?
    Heh.

Amen, brother. Just like the "Your Voice" thread trying to give us hope, then died and the latest "You decide, first edition!" another joke. What else is there to do at this point but cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Solee View Post
    What else is there to do at this point but cry.
    Cancel subscription and stop giving them your money

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Cancel subscription and stop giving them your money
    Also can sub to AOC or TSW and bypass the middle man and save fc accounting paperwork laundering your money to different games.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Also can sub to AOC or TSW and bypass the middle man and save fc accounting paperwork laundering your money to different games.
    LOL, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    I lol'd - whether it's true or not, or fair or not, Gallows Humor is always fun.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast