Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    (I know I have been smashing my face against the keyboard while slowly selling off my many backpacks of mission loot. CTRL click click click... would have made my day many days, hehe.)
    Does anyone actually believe Genele or indeed any of the Dev team actually play AO? I sure dont
    Last edited by Neista; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 17:54:44.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Let's see, boy lotsa whining last month, look we know what we're doing, stupid hamsters, see, here's a few bones for you all to chew on, sorry so late but... party, party, party.

They play on the testserver, where most gameplay is done on auto.

I more lastest.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Does anyone actually believe Genele or indeed any of the Dev team actually play AO? I sure dont
    We believe all AO devs... to be good in intention and hopeless in delivering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    Before ? Read again. It's in conjuction and shoulda been done the day it got released.
    Eh, in not saying its coming before the npe+ graphics engine. I said i didn't expect any changes to be made before the changes they are already working on. As in they finish what they working on before implementing more... Here they have read the posts and added in some extra changes to go along with them.

You read again!

My quote button seems disabled atm.

Quote Originally Posted by genele
    The battlestations have been reworked... we have set a 10 second cooldown and a skill-lock to treatment when using the teleporters. This is to prevent players from easily getting away from a fight to heal up quickly.
    How will this mechanic affect health and nano labs? Further, will toons be locked out of using the teleporter if they'd just used one of these sit-down labs?

Edit: allow me to clarify. The cooldown is fine, but if a player should manage to get away from a pursuer, and the pursuer gives up the chase, it seems like the "prey" is at a disadvantage until the lockout is over. 10 seconds can be a long time to be exposed without access to a sit-down lab.

I suggest keeping the teleporter cooldown (or even making it 20s or w/e) and dropping the treatment lockout.
    Last edited by Gorathon; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 18:13:29.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Genele
    Finally we have set a 10 second cooldown and a skill-lock to treatment when using the teleporters. This is to prevent players from easily getting away from a fight to heal up quickly.
    FINALLLlyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I mean, really - it's supposed to be like that the day OPed healkits got into game
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

It seems they cant do right for doing wrong, no matter what they say people are just looking for something to jump on. People have been asking for lotsa changes since the game started but not everything people ask for will be provided. If people ask for a long time for a change... Is it better to keep waiting for the change or to get it? Regardless of how long people have been asking for it... Once the change is finally made it is done... No more asking for it needed.

Worst people in history. Wow. Good thing we can all play TESO, the worst game in history, right now! And it was only 60€!
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

We have actually fixed the zone border between Lush Fields and Clon****. Coast of Peace and tranquility will also be re-opened.
    I have no idea what was wrong with zone border between Lush Fields and Clon**** but fixing it is a great thing to AO.

Could anybody enlighten me what is the point of opening 2 zones that only purpose was to have more spots for cities and ZERO mobs or any other content now that cities are instanced ???
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Worst people in history. Wow. Good thing we can all play TESO, the worst game in history, right now! And it was only 60€!
    Did you even try the actual game we pay for lately ? Not the beta ? it's so broken its not even believeable, and some changes has to be revered as emergency at this point.
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    I have no idea what was wrong with zone border between Lush Fields and Clon**** but fixing it is a great thing to AO.

Could anybody enlighten me what is the point of opening 2 zones that only purpose was to have more spots for cities and ZERO mobs or any other content now that cities are instanced ???
    The same as operating every other zone that is not inferno missions, kite hill and battlestations.

Far away, in the distant past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    Did you even try the actual game we pay for lately ? Not the beta ? it's so broken its not even believeable, and some changes has to be revered as emergency at this point.
    No, I never try anything, trying is for noobs.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

What's with the

CAUSE EVERy time i see it i'm thinking "wink" april be-lated fools day???

also reopening the peace and cost of tranq....what's there now? since no player cities?
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Hokutonoken View Post
    also reopening the peace and cost of tranq....what's there now? since no player cities?
    Ghost town. If you go there, you will never come back!

Seriously, just stop. If you can do better then fine, but until then just stfu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post

Maybe that means they will be populated with mobs now? Or open to a new mission locations/dungeons?

Won't know for sure until we explore them i suppose.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Maybe that means they will be populated with mobs now? Or open to a new mission locations/dungeons?

Won't know for sure until we explore them i suppose.
    Yeah right, on the incredible offchance FC actually decided to add in any content no matter how trivial, they would be trumpeting it from the battlements!

As far as new content is concerned, AO is dead and buried (and i dont count the NPE as new content, more of an admission of faliure)
    Last edited by Neista; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 18:44:22.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

No, I never try anything, trying is for noobs.
    From the obliviousness your posts display I have to agree. I can't help but wonder what does FC give you in return for your zealous whiteknighting on their behalf.

Cool

Hai 2 u,
    We have made a large number of bug fixes in the 18.7 branch and some new features. I will list some of the highlights for the upcoming patch below:

Beta Server Patch 18.7.0.10 Highlights
    A ctrl+click functionality add items to a vendor window has been made for 18.7 which is something I believe many of you will be very happy to get. (I know I have been smashing my face against the keyboard while slowly selling off my many backpacks of mission loot. CTRL click click click... would have made my day many days, hehe.)

We have actually fixed the zone border between Lush Fields and Clon****. Coast of Peace and tranquility will also be re-opened.

That is it from me this month.

- Genele

PS. Sorry my newsletter was a bit late this Month, I was too busy drinking Pinã Colada on my saved up one week vacation!
    Glad the border between Clon**** and Lush is being fixed finally. Also what are the chances of getting ctrl + click functionality at GMI?

Hai 2 u,
    Last month, many of you engaged in heated discussions about the nano changes in 18.7. I just want to ensure you all that we do read feedback and will make sure that the nano changes come with proper follow up changes to ensure good game play in the future.
    Reassure?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast