Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post

pvm also has flaming kids.
    Not sure how this is the case unless you team with them but you don't have to play with or against them like you have to do in BS where you have no choice.
    Last edited by Gunforhire; Apr 26th, 2014 at 02:17:38.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Something Jill wrote is being answered by a GD and put as something to implement. The end is upon us!

Seriously though, awesome call and awesome quick reply! Nice note to end this thread on, maybe?
    Lol.

First, thanks Genele for the reply and all that you and your team do to keep things afloat with AO. I know you get a lot of crap on forums.. I dish it out to you myself but I do realize you're a human being and just doing the best you can with the mess you inherited. I'd really like to see this game continue on, so believe it or not, my best wishes are with you guys. I'm hoping that you can pull off the new engine and NPE and help bring some life to the game again. There's nothing like it on the market.

Second, to be honest, either coincidentally or not.. over the years I have seen an uncountable number of my suggestions implemented in the game. Believe I was, for instance, the first to suggest vet points being passed on to new accounts (since at that time they said they couldn't give us more slots). Like I said maybe coincidence that it was eventually implemented but it certainly made my day when it was.

Lindelu probably single-handedly managed to knock off about 30% of my personal "annoying stuff that needs to be fixed" list. I was pretty convinced she was one of my in-game friends and just couldn't tell me because it seemed like whenever I started complaining about something on the forums it got fixed in the next patch. I don't care what anyone says, she was alright in my book

Means got a little grumpy in the end but I have a lot of fond memories of him and the fact of the matter is that I could actually send him a message and get a response. The man would even logged into game a couple times and fixed my problems himself. I think he was another victim of Funcom's resource mismanagement but who knows.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I'll look in to adding a broadcast with a warning prior to tara's spawn it has been on my todo list for a while, actually.
    Better yet...
    Add a random spawn timer to Tara, anything between whatever it is now and 24hrs!
    And limit it to TL6...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Better yet...
    Add a random spawn timer to Tara, anything between whatever it is now and 24hrs!
    And limit it to TL6...
    TL6 might be interesting; random spawn would just make people even less willing to raid. Tara would end up being farmed by a multiboxer with official sanction.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

AO has a good pvp-system, without pvp-servers which often fails. Future pvp'ers often been pvp-lurkers themselfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    What? How about the same reason you don't get xp for killing other players in pvp. That is a difference between pvp and pvm. One gets you titles and epeen the other gets you xp.
    Pvm is for pvm and pvp is for pvp. Both should give experience and phatz, but people should choose wether they want to pvp or pvm...IE, have the pvp-daily lock u out from pvm-daily and vice versa.

Title doesn't mean so much, the old titlesystem had it's charm but it ended up discouraging pvp and the new titlesystem discourage duels. You also get titles and epeen from pvm btw, and mobs also often has vulgar language that pvp'ers gets offended by.

I think they should add ql 300 stimulants, clusters, implants towers etc in vp-shop and keep token/xp-reward.

Just make it lock u out from pvm-daily so it will actually be a choice, not additional grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    As for your bot concerns... unless we've rolled back to 2004, the only thing really controlled by a bot is tara, right? Everything else is pretty much instanced. S42 isn't instanced but I'd imagine any group wanting to do it can find a free slot to do it undisturbed.
    Remember pre-merge? We raided 42 daily multifactionally and prices on bots was somewhat normal due to the added production. The core problem is that FC didn't properly replace bot-features or make a new loot/reward-system that encourage raidgroups.

Instancing isn't quite my cup if tea. I like to meet strangers and random groups. Another bad thing with instance is that it isn't locked to team-members and that u can come back after dying. That makes the game into a credgrind for buying lootrights.

I'll look in to adding a broadcast with a warning prior to tara's spawn it has been on my todo list for a while, actually.
    *gives genele the most gay hug ever*
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    Not sure how this is the case unless you team with them but you don't have to play with or against them like you have to do in BS where you have no choice.
    It is exactly the same for many pvm-encounters. Just ignore and move on. U might have 2 play against them in gauntlet btw.

Second, to be honest, either coincidentally or not.. over the years I have seen an uncountable number of my suggestions implemented in the game.
    I also blame you that FC gave multiboxers and steamrollteams uber teambuffs that mostly result in killing bs.

I remember you stood there, alone oin core on bs (as a weapon-mp) and then complained about no teams even tho people were behaving strategicly and cooperated with the other players in there. Later u asked on forums that FC did something to encourage teams and next thing we see is OP teambuffs. Thanks! To add insult 2 injury you have not even been on the bs since.

Originally bs was nice, cause it did spread out group-pvp and kept the actual pvp-session longer.

You were also able to actually play your profession to a greater extcent, instead of just spamming specials.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Better yet...
    And limit it to TL6...
    One for tl6 and one for tl7 with same loot-table. Each on 18h lockdown. Random timers will probably just fux0r mass-pvp.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 26th, 2014 at 09:20:19.

One for tl6 and one for tl7 with same loot-table. Each on 18h lockdown. Random timers will probably just fux0r mass-pvp.
    18 hour timers should be done away with.
    Everything should be at max 5 hours.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    But with two taraspawns we still get a tara-raid every 9th hour. As it is now.

Remember pre-merge? We raided 42 daily multifactionally and prices on bots was somewhat normal due to the added production. The core problem is that FC didn't properly replace bot-features or make a new loot/reward-system that encourage raidgroups.

Instancing isn't quite my cup if tea. I like to meet strangers and random groups. Another bad thing with instance is that it isn't locked to team-members and that u can come back after dying. That makes the game into a credgrind for buying lootrights.
    I guess I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for. There's tons of suggestions in the game suggestions forum that throw out potential solutions for the existing loot system. What exactly were you suggesting in the original post I responded to? I'm not trying to be mean but the way it was worded was very difficult to understand. Which bot features didn't funcom replace? what new lootr/reward system that encourages raidgroups are you suggesting? Your posts are very vague.

I also blame you that FC gave multiboxers and steamrollteams uber teambuffs that mostly result in killing bs.

I remember you stood there, alone oin core on bs (as a weapon-mp) and then complained about no teams even tho people were behaving strategicly and cooperated with the other players in there. Later u asked on forums that FC did something to encourage teams and next thing we see is OP teambuffs. Thanks!
    You're blaming me for teambuffs and killing bs from some random encounter with my MP wearing a weapon (huh?) and standing alone in core in BS? When did I ask Funcom to add team buffs..or what are you talking about. I could be wrong but I wanna say that I was away from game when all the DB stuff came out as I remember rubyzero and his org helping me get my doctor up to speed when I got back. I'm kinda thinking that my accounts were active but I wasn't really playing right after LE came out.

Anyway, the only thing I've asked for, related to battlestations, is that they auto throw everyone in a RI and make it a side vs side battle. I have yet to see the implementation of that suggestion. Furthermore, I don't tend to ask for profession balance changes. I like all of my toons the way they are. My suggestions for PvM balance (don't care much about PvP balance tbh.. I think its a silly concept) have always leaned towards changing encounters to make profession-based tools more relevant.

To add insult 2 injury you have not even been on the bs since.
    If you're saying you saw my MP someplace wearing weapons and I haven't been on BS since you're wrong. I did quite a bit of BS since I took my MP from AI pistols (she sat dormant for years after AI came out) to gearing her up in LE gear. And then I did a heck of a lot of battlestations on all of my toons for years until they implemented that tower tagging daily and then, for the most part, I stopped. I have over 30 paid toons across 4 accounts.. how you think you know my play habits is beyond me. I can't even keep up with my own toons.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 26th, 2014 at 14:45:35.
    You can find me at:

How about changing the spawn time so that folks can do the daily on their schedule and not AOs - you know, those of us that would like to do content when we are on?

I can see it now - a few opposite side leveling toons go in and get destroyed by the side zerg in control. How many times do you really think that person is going to go back for that?

Dailies are for leveling toons - Tara is mostly 220s...
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
    ... Tara is mostly 220s...
    And should be 160-200 imo
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

It is exactly the same for many pvm-encounters. Just ignore and move on. U might have 2 play against them in gauntlet btw.

I remember you stood there, alone oin core on bs (as a weapon-mp) and then complained about no teams even tho people were behaving strategicly and cooperated with the other players in there. Later u asked on forums that FC did something to encourage teams and next thing we see is OP teambuffs. Thanks! To add insult 2 injury you have not even been on the bs since.

Originally bs was nice, cause it did spread out group-pvp and kept the actual pvp-session longer.

You were also able to actually play your profession to a greater extcent, instead of just spamming specials.

Just an FYI here FC is the company that owns AO and all they do is make sure AO is making money and staying solvent. The only input they will give to a AO developers is that

a) they are giving them fewer or more people to work on the game or
    b) they are shut down because the game is not profitable.

The developers are the ones who do things to the actual game mechanics not FC. So you are essentially accusing the AO developers of catering to a select few players here. I disagree with you. End of line.

Just an FYI here FC is the company that owns AO and all they do is make sure AO is making money and staying solvent.
    I just refer 2 them all as fc.

So you are essentially accusing the AO developers of catering to a select few players here.
    they done some pretty silly thing 2 put it like that.

they done some pretty silly thing 2 put it like that.
    I don't understand how this comment applies to my quote that you are accusing ao of catering to a select few players ie. Traderjill who you specifically singled out as getting special consideration and for ruining pvp. see your post below.

quote:
    Originally Posted by leetlover

I remember you stood there, alone oin core on bs (as a weapon-mp) and then complained about no teams even tho people were behaving strategicly and cooperated with the other players in there. Later u asked on forums that FC did something to encourage teams and next thing we see is OP teambuffs. Thanks!
    end of quote

Dude chill out.
    Last edited by Gunforhire; Apr 26th, 2014 at 21:07:04.

I don't understand how this comment applies to my quote that you are accusing ao of catering to a select few players ie. Traderjill who you specifically singled out as getting special consideration and for ruining pvp. see your post below.

quote:
    Originally Posted by leetlover

end of quote

Dude chill out.
    She seems to be saying that, especially with the smaller development team, Devs cannot always be aware of all the ramifications of changes they might make in response to player feedback, and that this change in particular caused her hassle.

Also that she took issue with a predominantly non-PVP player giving feedback on the Battlestations that, apparently, resulted in a change that negatively affected PVP.

Maybe it was a bit personal but I'm certainly sympathetic to the thrust of those arguments.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

Quote Originally Posted by Encyros View Post
    Also that she took issue with a predominantly non-PVP player giving feedback on the Battlestations that, apparently, resulted in a change that negatively affected PVP.
    First, during those days (i.e. pre-LE and right after) I wasn't exactly a predominantly non-PvP player. In fact, I was quite the opposite. My lack of desire to PvP developed over time mainly after LE's release.

That being said. leetlover/letah/whoever that is posting under that name pretty much just made up the whole thing. Devs didn't implement whatever team buffs she's talking about as a result of any suggestion I posted. These are the suggestions I've posted about battlestations:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...01&postcount=1
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...05&postcount=1
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...51&postcount=3
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...8&postcount=16
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...68&postcount=4

Chat channels did indeed get implemented and in one of those posts I was actually posting against the suggested implementation of some additional buff for winning BS. I also, more recently (like 4 yrs ago), posted some issues I had with my MP's pet pathing.

Anyway, regarding leetlover. No idea where she's coming from with her comments or why she somehow feels that the downfall of BS and empowerment of multiboxers is my fault. I've been accused of a lot in AO but I have to say that's a new all time low for lies.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 26th, 2014 at 21:48:26.
    You can find me at:

Anyway, regarding leetlover. No idea where she's coming from with her comments or why she somehow feels that the downfall of BS and empowerment of multiboxers is my fault. I've been accused of a lot in AO but I have to say that's a new all time low for lies.
    Nonsense. We all know that you are, in fact, Gaute, and since leaving the actual AO team you have been an evil forum warrior with psionic control over the GD/dev team, dedicated to killing PvP, and AO in general using the assumed name "Traderjill" to disguise your wicked plots.

The evidence of this is in all the ev0l posts you have made and psychokawhatsis powers you use to make others agree with you while trying to destroy something we love more than life itself.

....bZZZzzzZzTT.....

I meant to say, I love Traderjill, and she has never said anything anywhere that I have ever disagreed with.

In all seriousness tho, to leetlover/whoever....srsly? wut? srsly?
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Agreed!
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Glad to see that Devs actually care about this game. I may not agree with all of their views, ideas or actions, but Iam thankful that they listen.
    Now, going back to some issues... dismiss the obligatory inspection thingy that some GM who actually doesnt play the game suggested.
    Look at the Hat!

Traderjill who you specifically singled out as getting special consideration and for ruining pvp.
    It was more a humoristic post.

I still remember it that way and I think it, on a generic level, also reflects how some stupid things got implemented.

Gonna add that: Many of us only log in to pvp. My observation is that teaming and team-blockers f.x is so powerfull that it; 1 makes you ignored. 2: Makes the conflict go into a silent mode without much direct combat. 3: Makes players not resign 2 bs which is bad cus if you only logged in to pvp...well u get the idea.

Jill singled herself out for 'getting special consideration' and I think this post confirms that what I remember right. That I 'blame her' is just my humor. It's like a 'always blame the doc'-joke.

Dude chill out.
    no u
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 28th, 2014 at 00:48:06.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast