Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Yeah right, on the incredible offchance FC actually decided to add in any content no matter how trivial, they would be trumpeting it from the battlements!

As far as new content is concerned, AO is dead and buried (and i dont count the NPE as new content, more of an admission of faliure)
    Last month they proposed changes and have taken 40+ pages of griefing so this month the only changes they mentioned are some that they know from reading the forums to be changes that some people want so at least this way they can feel they pleased some i guess. With the amount of grief already in todays post i bet they don't announce much more in next months and who can blame them. If they did introduce new content in not sure they would trumpet from anywhere. How much would they get slated if for what ever reason it didn't work or the work had to be taken back out before live release.

You can class the npe as a sheep if you like but regardless of what you prefer to class it as ... Its new content. It is brand new as in never before seen (other than people on beta). The reworks going into the major cities are just remakes of the original to showcase the gfx engine but the actual npe is content.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    You can class the npe as a sheep if you like but regardless of what you prefer to class it as ... Its new content. It is brand new as in never before seen (other than people on beta). The reworks going into the major cities are just remakes of the original to showcase the gfx engine but the actual npe is content.
    The NPE is designed to make the experience better for new players, quite honestly the idea of anyone new wanting to join AO is borderline hilarious at this point. Arguably its content but what use is it to the current population?
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    From the obliviousness your posts display I have to agree. I can't help but wonder what does FC give you in return for your zealous whiteknighting on their behalf.
    lol you must have looked in the wrong dictionary! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    Seriously, just stop. If you can do better then fine, but until then just stfu.
    {edited by Bekrowe: Please stop with the pictures with Profanity. Its the same as swearing directly}
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 20:36:19.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

This is zen level trolling. I'm awed
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

9 months on the calendar, ~8 months of vacation for FC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    lol you must have looked in the wrong dictionary! LOL!
    No, you're just looking at the wrong forum.

The NPE is designed to make the experience better for new players, quite honestly the idea of anyone new wanting to join AO is borderline hilarious at this point. Arguably its content
    In your opinion. I have played with new players in the game recently so to me i know it to be completely viable that we will see more when its on steam and the beta goes live.

but what use is it to the current population?
    How isn't it useful. Every time you make a new char you get to play on fresh content. You'd think that would please someone wanting new content. This is only working up to live release. After its released maybe there will be more aimed at none newbs at different tl's. Regardless of what happens... We need what's in the pipeline to clear out before we have any remote chance of the pipelines filling up with other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    How isn't it useful. Every time you make a new char you get to play on fresh content. You'd think that would please someone wanting new content. This is only working up to live release. After its released maybe there will be more aimed at none newbs at different tl's. Regardless of what happens... We need what's in the pipeline to clear out before we have any remote chance of the pipelines filling up with other stuff.
    Most long term players want to just powerlevel either to endgame or to whatever twink level they have decided on. Unless the NPE is an experience farm that allows them to gain levels in rapid succession i think most will pass on it.

And yes i know not every player is like that, just the majority
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    {edited by Bekrowe: Please stop with the pictures with Profanity. Its the same as swearing directly}
    Hit a nerve did I? Now stfu.
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 20:36:31.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

The NPE is designed to make the experience better for new players, quite honestly the idea of anyone new wanting to join AO is borderline hilarious at this point. Arguably its content but what use is it to the current population?
    I just mentioned that in another forum that new players trying the game have been unable to find the installer (some of them). They're not the brightest bunch not being able to locate the "local" folder but I tested it myself and the current installer does disappear after download without putting an icon on the desktop. So new players, playing this game is a myth at the present. Everyone here or playing have been in touch with AO in one way or another before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Hmmmm....

Not being offensive and all stuff Genele, but some FwM's had pretty much more substance than this monthly update.Hell, even the pictiure of Means tractor in snow was more interesting. Open hallways in BS n stuff is pretty cool and whatnot. What about open it liek now? You guys disabled it in a patch, how about enable it quick? And yea, ibt "oh noes, dem sneak folks"

1/10 would not re-read this update -.-
    Last edited by Tikra; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 20:04:46. Reason: poop

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

/yawn Too many monthly updates like this for me to claim disappointment anymore.
    ***My attention may be easy to get, but can you hold it?***

NPE, my thoughts on that, are it's almost pointless, there are no new players, so how about EGC development ?

And that makes me think, what is going to happen that will generate all these new players that the DEV's are spending their time developing an experience for?

What business model was that based on? I would estimate that AO is populated by over 80% players that have played for 5 years or more wanting new content, and 15% fr00b alts/banks/credit sellers cash cows, and then 5% new players being brought into the game by the first 80% who will tell the new players to utterly bypass the NPE and come get some free gear and help from them. And all this if the current DEV team don't utterly break the game/piss players off with nano changes that nobody asked for, remember the nano/hp coils and the disaster that SL was on release? (Oh wait the did something the players wanted for 10 years and removed them)

I fail to see any logic in the delegation of tasks and priority's being undertaken currently by this team, and that concerns me greatly.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    I fail to see any logic in the delegation of tasks and priority's being undertaken currently by this team, and that concerns me greatly.
    It serves as a testinterview for TSW duties, or Lego if you do really really well.
    NO U

Most boring monthly update ever! "We see you, we hear you, but we are going on vacation"!
    I really feel like Funcom want to keep players in this game.....

Most long term players want to just powerlevel either to endgame or to whatever twink level they have decided on. Unless the NPE is an experience farm that allows them to gain levels in rapid succession i think most will pass on it.
    Yeah I know some do like to lvl up straight away but that isnt a given 100% of the time in every case. Not every character makes it to endgame level. there are plenty more non end game level chars about than there are end game. Many more. I agree with you in some people wishing to be at end game the minute their character is created and people can get to end game relatively quickly anyway. These people will do that anyway regardless of what content was put in at the begining but there is plenty of content to do at end game and this content was never aimed at end game characters.

Pretty much everyone (ive spoken to) agrees that we need a bigger playerbase. Pretty much everyone has things they see as wrong with the game be it "game breakers" or be it small minor things they are happy to live with. The gfx engine and steam release are aimed at bringing old players back that have left due to not having better graphics and new players. Anarchy online has a steep learning curve that seems to put off the average gamer and the NPE is new content that is aimed at that. this has been in the pipeline for years and its finally gotten to beta stage. Everyone has knwon for ages that its coming. The NPE has been planned for ages too albiet not as long as the gfx engine so Id bet that there will be no new end game content for quite awhile.

I personally think (for the next few characters they make at least) most people wont pass on it, infact i bet most people will create characters simply for the sake of experiencing it if they didnt have one planned anyway.
    Last edited by gresh; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 20:52:43.

I thought the point of going to monthly updates was to allow for more comprehensive posts? Means could have whipped this one out before leaving early on a Friday to spend more quality time with his tractor.

Also, people complained about much more than just the proposed nano changes in the last update. Inspect, OMHH, Shade re-sneak in combat, enfo stun(!), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pafpuf View Post
    from the obliviousness your posts display i have to agree. I can't help but wonder what does fc give you in return for your zealous whiteknighting on their behalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    lol you must have looked in the wrong dictionary! Lol!
    What she is reading.

What she should be reading.
    Ancestors could hear what is happening now
    They would turn in their graves
    they would all be ashamed - that the land of the free
    has been written in chains
    And I know what I want - when the timing is right
    then I'll take what is mine
    I am the clansman

Quote Originally Posted by ultion View Post
    I thought the point of going to monthly updates was to allow for more comprehensive posts? Means could have whipped this one out before leaving early on a Friday to spend more quality time with his tractor.
    He did love that tractor didn't he, and them horses! Such lasses huh
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast