Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    These are the suggestions I've posted about battlestations:
    The way I remember it was that you posted your thoughts to sill (or someone else) in a thread. I don't know what I said that made u go all defensive. I thought the way I remember it was pretty funny, thats all. You said yourself many of your ideas been implemented.

I remember I was the one who (back in the day when traders was really bad) suggested various suggestions to enhance traders unique toolset (including adding what became GTH) instead of just slapping AS on weapons. Many players didn't like it and the implemented version wasn't exactly how I had pictured it, but I don't view their feedback and concerns as a personal attack on me. It's just an opinion.

It's the same with teaming vs not-teaming. People have diferent opinions on it. My observation on it is that many doesn't wanna team cause they don't wanna be confined to a team during their playsession. It has little to do with solokills and doesn't prevent co-op.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 27th, 2014 at 12:15:16.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    It was more a humoristic post.

I still remember it that way and I think it, on a generic level, also reflects how some stupid things got implemented.

no u
    Nice try but false accusations are still false accusations and not funny. There is absolutely nothing in what you said that is in any way "humoristic", whatever that is, maybe you mean humorous either way it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    Nice try but false accusations are still false accusations and not funny.
    Who are you to accuse me for false accusations?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    There is absolutely nothing in what you said that is in any way "humoristic", whatever that is, maybe you mean humorous either way it isn't.
    I thought it was pretty funny, you didn't. Many have a certain sense of humor about these things.

*Executes relieve stress in your ncu*

I think many are unfair when they complain after the devs actually state why the situation is as it is. Do you want them honest, or do you actually prefer them to lie?

And stop being so darn rude.

Please, lets drop the various accusations, humorous or not.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    And should be 160-200 imo
    I wonder what the larger effects of this would be; if it were the only Tara spawn then Tara loot would become the exclusive province of that small slice of players with the patience to make 200 twinks. If there were two spawns, one level locked and one not, it could be a really great addition to content for 200s.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I'll look in to adding a broadcast with a warning prior to tara's spawn it has been on my todo list for a while, actually.
    If you do this, can you make the broadcast happen with enough warning to actually plan and gather? By the time the Gauntlet warning broadcasts, unless you are just sitting around doing nothing and have a quick way to Pande you can never make it in time, much less arrange a suitable group. Having a timer from the NPC is the only real way to be prepared, so the broadcast is sort of useless.

Also, for this broadcast as well as Gauntlet's, can it go out over the chat server?
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Think we're done with this.
    We're done{Edited by Valter: Inappropriate content removed}

{Edited by Valter: Profanity removed}Maybe today is just a bad day for me or something but I'm really tired of annoying{Edited by Valter: Profanity removed}deciding they're just going to say whatever about whoever they want without any consequence. Then to carry out a supposed joke for this many pages rather than apologize...

yeah..

{Edited by Valter: Profanity removed}
    Last edited by Valter; Apr 27th, 2014 at 23:45:28.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Maybe today is just a bad day for me or something
    Will think it as that, still lubs j00.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 27th, 2014 at 23:11:00.

I removed a large number of posts, lets keep this on topic and stop the trolling and personal attacks.
    Guardian Valter
    Forums Team
    Community Relations Department
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Forums Social Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    I'll look in to adding a broadcast with a warning prior to tara's spawn it has been on my todo list for a while, actually.
    thx 4 this. asked for either announcement or timer in interface for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56 View Post
    I don't get ... this.
    This is really all I need to post.

I don't really care what the labor laws in your country are, and my company wasn't breaking any laws either. I had the option of working my 40 hours that week, the 21 included, and taking the rest of the week off (AKA salaried). It seems a few of you also lack this fundamental reading comprehension, I made no mention of me working that 21 hour day WEEKLY. I did it once, because it was required of me to make the product that people pay for function properly. I probably average 45-50 hours a week, but I recognize when a longer day is required to meet customer satisfaction demands. Also, I made a point to state that the situation I was about to describe in my post was SIMILAR BECAUSE IT WAS ALSO A HALF-BAKED LAUNCH THAT I HAD NOT WORKED ON PRIOR TO JOINING THE COMPANY.

You also fabricated some undertone that I was calling the AO devs incompetent, when I was trying to point out their development cycles are inefficient This is why I used the word 'inefficient' in my post, and nowhere did I use 'incompetent.' I'm sure the AO devs are brilliant creative people, however, their current and past rate of correcting issues in each patch is dismal.

You sound like a terrible developer who creates more bugs than you fix. But hey--job security right?

(P.S. The link to the financial ineptitude and corruption within Funcom was fairly relevant to the paragraph as it was.. regarding finances.. at Funcom. Surely you can't think that a company ousted from its country's stock exchange for shady actions, and then seeing that the CEO dumped his shares when (or allegedly before) TSW tanked was not further proving my point that FC does not care. And yes I called you Shirley.)

{Edited by Valter: Profanity removed}
    Last edited by Valter; Apr 29th, 2014 at 03:09:16.
    Jenaku - 220 ma
    Dexiecane - 220 adv
    Decksii - 220 sold

soup guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Encyros View Post
    TL6 might be interesting; random spawn would just make people even less willing to raid. Tara would end up being farmed by a multiboxer with official sanction.
    Random spawn would make people have to actually do some checking ingame, rather than playing WoW or whatever and just logging on to farm their credz...
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Random spawn would make people have to actually do some checking ingame, rather than playing WoW or whatever and just logging on to farm their credz...
    Well that's motivating people to spend time in-game by annoying them. That won't work in the long run. It's the opposite idea to the convenience of a timer which seems about to be implemented.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

Timer + announcement would be ideal. Just log in, check timer. Log back at showtime.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 28th, 2014 at 14:22:34.

Quote Originally Posted by dexiecane View Post
    This is really all I need to post.

I don't really care what the labor laws in your country are, and my company wasn't breaking any laws either. I had the option of working my 40 hours that week, the 21 included, and taking the rest of the week off (AKA salaried). It seems a few of you also lack this fundamental reading comprehension, I made no mention of me working that 21 hour day WEEKLY. I did it once, because it was required of me to make the product that people pay for function properly. I probably average 45-50 hours a week, but I recognize when a longer day is required to meet customer satisfaction demands. Also, I made a point to state that the situation I was about to describe in my post was SIMILAR BECAUSE IT WAS ALSO A HALF-BAKED LAUNCH THAT I HAD NOT WORKED ON PRIOR TO JOINING THE COMPANY.
    You're still saying completely irrelevant things, since you're still implying that whatever issue you have with AO could be fixed if someone just worked for 21 hours.

You also fabricated some undertone that I was calling the AO devs incompetent, when I was trying to point out their development cycles are inefficient This is why I used the word 'inefficient' in my post, and nowhere did I use 'incompetent.' I'm sure the AO devs are brilliant creative people, however, their current and past rate of correcting issues in each patch is dismal.
    Compared to what? That's why I called your understanding into question. When you think amount of tickets fixed is relevant to how fast someone's working, you don't understand that different projects would have different time frames. If you think there's suboptimalization going on in the AO team, you should speak up on that. Otherwise, even if you don't understand it yourself, you're saying the AO devs just aren't working well or hard enough. You again swirl around coming with a hugely accusational and demeaning post, by saying "I'm sure they're creative, they just don't work fast". Compared to what? Before?

All you do is talk smack without basis.

You sound like a terrible developer who creates more bugs than you fix. But hey--job security right?
    This is so unwitty I'm nonplussed, really. I've called into question your understanding of being a developer, especially a game developer, with all the crappy accusations you've made to the AO devs without foundation and seemingly understanding. I've argued as to why you come across as not understanding anything, but you turn around and write the equivalent of "no u".

(P.S. The link to the financial ineptitude and corruption within Funcom was fairly relevant to the paragraph as it was.. regarding finances.. at Funcom. Surely you can't think that a company ousted from its country's stock exchange for shady actions, and then seeing that the CEO dumped his shares when (or allegedly before) TSW tanked was not further proving my point that FC does not care. And yes I called you Shirley.)
    There's no correlation between financial ineptitude and the ongoing case. That's why I failed to see the relevance. Corruption is also not the word you're looking for. The case is brougth against Funcom to see if they breached trading laws by not guiding the investors better. The CEO stepped down. That takes him off of the primary insiders list, which means Funcom isn't obliged to say he sells. We knew, though.

Let's also get one thing straight: Funcom has not been taken off of the stockmarket. This is merely a horrible case of you not understanding stockmarkets, where Funcom was set at a matching halt, also colloquially called "being taken off the market", while the news was being let out, to not cause panic during the phase of need of information. Funcom's had about 10 matching halts during the last year, because it's a highly volatile stock.

Technically, Funcom did nothing wrong with the former CEO's stocks not being notified when were sold, because he was not an primary insider anymore. He claims he had no information to indicate it wouldn't go well, which you can question, of course. Other than that, the actions of Funcom that are being questions all lead back to the information they gave to the investors during the launch window of TSW. There's been no development in the case. Speculating anything and trying to tie it to what's going on with AO is tangetal, weak, speculation but most off all irrelevant.

So I still don't see why you brought that up, especially given the way Funcom has changed during the last two years.
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth56 View Post
    Compared to what?
    Every other non-lifesupport MMO on the market, most likely. Everquest is older than AO and gets more fleshed out updates more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Every other non-lifesupport MMO on the market, most likely. Everquest is older than AO and gets more fleshed out updates more often.
    That's a legitimate complaint. However, dexicane was nowhere near forming such an argument. It still is no indication that the devs are lazy or inefficient, however.
    Sephiroth56 - 220 NT Atlantean - equipment
    Articate - The Brave New World.
    Sephiroth

Four enforcers
    trapped by the sea
    one teased the 'techi
    then they were three

Quote Originally Posted by Encyros View Post
    Well that's motivating people to spend time in-game by annoying them. That won't work in the long run. It's the opposite idea to the convenience of a timer which seems about to be implemented.
    Well it's a better idea than having a mob set a schedule when it's available to be killed... (as the post below yours points out)
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Well it's a better idea than having a mob set a schedule when it's available to be killed... (as the post below yours points out)
    Mobs on long timers are ideal. See how well the Tara business works if you don't believe me.

It's excellent for all the people who can set timers and camp them regularly. There is ofc that tiny minority of people with schedules who can only participate sporadically and never make enough points to buy anything.

Those damn losers with jobs and schools to attend to, seriously...

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast