Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    He did love that tractor didn't he, and them horses! Such lasses huh
    Atleast we got a giggle out of it.. This "professional" thing......... 0/10 not impressed
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Could anybody enlighten me what is the point of opening 2 zones that only purpose was to have more spots for cities and ZERO mobs or any other content now that cities are instanced ???
    Each zone will be turned into a single giant tower field. Or a collection of many smaller tower fields.

....I wish.

Luna "Unluckful" Kerans
    220 || Shade

Meow. Meow. Meow.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Unluckful View Post
    Each zone will be turned into a single giant tower field.
    Maybe...

Are FC devs shopping their resumes around while they're steering this game straight into the ground? At least be forward-thinking about something in your professional lives.

To sum up my reaction to just about every monthly update in the last 3 years or so:

Last edited by Esssch; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 21:19:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Are FC devs shopping their resumes around while they're steering this game straight into the ground? At least be forward-thinking about something in your professional lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    It serves as a testinterview for TSW duties, or Lego if you do really really well.
    :Xx:X
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Worst people in history. Wow. Good thing we can all play TESO, the worst game in history, right now! And it was only 60€!
    Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Last month they proposed changes and have taken 40+ pages of griefing so this month the only changes they mentioned are some that they know from reading the forums to be changes that some people want so at least this way they can feel they pleased some i guess. With the amount of grief already in todays post i bet they don't announce much more in next months and who can blame them. If they did introduce new content in not sure they would trumpet from anywhere. How much would they get slated if for what ever reason it didn't work or the work had to be taken back out before live release.
    It took me 13 years to understand why AO has survived this long:

Here is a company that makes promises (i.e. engine, i.e. class balance, etc. etc. etc.) for years and years without delivering anything at all.
    Meanwhile, their duped customers are paying and paying and paying for nothing new, fixed or requested.

If that's not sad enough, these same customers rush to the company's defense whenever critique is voiced:
    "Oh please don't criticize Funcom, I feel so sorry for them".

Griefing? Vitriol? Bile?
    By all standards of online gaming, AO's forum users are reasonable, articulate and well-mannered!

Justified customer complaints are NOT trolling - Funcom reaps what they have sowed.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Hai 2 u,
    Last month, many of you engaged in heated discussions about the nano changes in 18.7. I just want to ensure you all that we do read feedback
    Glad to hear you guys read feedback.. but how about answering one of the 6 main questions from last month's thread?

vacation for the dev team and a large bit of frustration. We had planned to patch the beta servers before leaving for vacation.

PS. Sorry my newsletter was a bit late this Month, I was too busy drinking Pinã Colada on my saved up one week vacation!
    I'm really sorry to sound like a jerk but I'm tired about hearing about you guys and your vacation. December update, February update and now what should have been the March update. I know we all go on vacation but most of us don't keep telling our customers about it as we update them on project progress. I used to think it was a nice personal touch, now I just think its an irrelevant waste of space when there's so many other things we'd rather hear about that are related to the game.

However, our build machine decided to make our lives difficult by dying every time we tried to create the patch. Operations have been helping us out, but sadly we got defeated by the build machine and had to leave on vacation without patching the beta servers.
    And the cliche goes on with the obligatory mention of an equipment breakdown.

Coast of Peace and tranquility will also be re-opened.
    And ofc the update wouldn't be complete unless you provided us with a piece of information that doesn't really tell us anything. Glad you're reopening the 2 playfields that were only in existance to house AI cities.. but it would've been nice if you would've also included why we should care about that. Obviously you felt it important enough to tell us but ?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Time to move on, Jill. I'm just here for the popcorn anymore.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Time to move on, Jill. I'm just here for the popcorn anymore.
    and something to wash it down

What's a "vacation"?

Reopening existing assets could be an Illuminati conspiracy, er, I mean getting ready for more stuff.

I would've liked further expansion on the issues also.

When I read last months so-called "Development Update", there were a few elements that provoked me. I tried asking some questions in a well-mannered way.

I got 0 answers.

But this months, again; so-called "Development Update" provoked me even more. I am not gonna ask a single question, I'm just gonna tell Anarchy Online's development team; stop wasting our time with diffuse information, I don't care about your vacation, I don't care about software/hardware problems, and I don't care about what playfields you are reopening or closing. I wanna know the status of the game, I wanna know if there is any real development, and I wanna know if there is any content updates. The rest is worthless to me. We were once told there wouldn't be a new expansion like The Shadowlands to AO, but there would be more booster packs. Well, 2 booster packs (Lost Eden and Legacy of the Xan) was what we got and then that stopped....

I guess it's for the better though.. Every time FC adds any content they only offer more overpowered items.... We need alternatives, not straight out replacements...

Crappy content designers will always be crappy.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Had lots to say. Can't for legal reasons.

This update is pure BS. Did not answer questions from last month. Shows FC has no clue how to finish a damn thing before starting more new work.

Why are we paying one of the highest sub cost for a game this old that has this crappy of support?
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Making it easier to sell items to a vendor is nice. On the other hand, it actually encourages the one form of cash farming which harms the game, which is the addition of credits to the economy out of nowhere. If this was still in the design phase I would suggest putting your time elsewhere, but since you've already developed it I suppose we have to be happy with what we get.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Dear Funcom.

Please stop whatever work you are doing on AO, including the new engine and rebalance. Stick the game in maintenance mode and let those of us that enjoy playing it now, continue to do so, until it can no longer pay for itself. Then you can shut it down. Please stop stringing people along and be honest for once. We just can't deal with any more empty/broken promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    It took me 13 years to understand why AO has survived this long:

Here is a company that makes promises (i.e. engine, i.e. class balance, etc. etc. etc.) for years and years without delivering anything at all.
    Meanwhile, their duped customers are paying and paying and paying for nothing new, fixed or requested.
    People have been moaning for years. Read back and reminisce on the forums. People have played happily for years too. No matter what happens there will be some one some where moaning. Funcom did this, Funcom did that, funcom ruined my life, run off with my wife and straight out $h!t on the carpet. People that have played for the duration has had ao as a constant through many stages of their lives. People have been married, divorced, had children and lost lovedones, all whilst funcoms hamsters have been happily running those wheels. If you disliked AO so much you would quit.

Life is way to short to be spending on something you arnt happy with. It is a waste of a life. I get that some people on the forums who dont play anymore just like to troll something they feel dissatisfied with but to continue playing and paying for it. If you feel they have duped you so badly... its on you that you let it go on so long. Todays post references incoming changes to things that have been moaned about in the last month. The npe + gfx engine is in beta and obvious signs on moving forward and that they exist. they have mentioned changes and rebalance that people have moaned needs fixing. To say that we pay for nothing new, fixed or requested is on the wrong thread. You need to find last months thread... write it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    If that's not sad enough, these same customers rush to the company's defense whenever critique is voiced:
    "Oh please don't criticize Funcom, I feel so sorry for them".
    Lol Where am I coming off as though im asking you not to greif them. I couldnt care less what you do or how you speak to anyone. I can just kinda think...the resources ao currently has available... we are lucky they are still continuing with the npe and gfx. I can also work out that if in my job, I had to post something and it receive a bad reception, it would alter my approach or tactic or what ever for when i did the next. If after post after post i continued getting a bad reactions id be less likely to tell em anything. Id be actually more likely to think "**** em!"

There has been times when we have recieved more regular and concise posts from our devs but people moan that they are spending their day at work (taht we are paying for) playing on the forums when we as a playerbase would much prefer they work on the grafics engine(or what ever they were working on at the time.) there has been times when the devs dont post and people moan that they cant even be bothered clueing us in or letting us know what they are working on. and they replied and apolagized but didnt think it would be convenient or wanted to repost pretty much identical stuff due to still working on the same things. If people are bored with the game they should leave. Dont fester into opening sores that kill the game off.

**Aimed more generally**
    To the people that have concerns or upset about the game. Just be patient. Wait until the changes are implemented. play the game. Get used to the way things are due to the changes. It could be like a new game for alot of us in teh sense that we have to rework alot of stuff. to play the characters we currently play. Have some faith that the devs are actually going to provide something that you will still enjoy. All this festering hate will be the major problem AO has when trying to attract a larger audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    When I read last months so-called "Development Update", there were a few elements that provoked me. I tried asking some questions in a well-mannered way.

I got 0 answers.

But this months, again; so-called "Development Update" provoked me even more. I am not gonna ask a single question, I'm just gonna tell Anarchy Online's development team; stop wasting our time with diffuse information, I don't care about your vacation, I don't care about software/hardware problems, and I don't care about what playfields you are reopening or closing. I wanna know the status of the game, I wanna know if there is any real development, and I wanna know if there is any content updates. The rest is worthless to me. We were once told there wouldn't be a new expansion like The Shadowlands to AO, but there would be more booster packs. Well, 2 booster packs (Lost Eden and Legacy of the Xan) was what we got and then that stopped....

I guess it's for the better though.. Every time FC adds any content they only offer more overpowered items.... We need alternatives, not straight out replacements...

Crappy content designers will always be crappy.
    you hit the nail on the head, the only decent expansion was shadowlands, and it's not even AO related, it's like someones original (Fantasy) game concept got scrapped and cobbled into an expack, everything else is just mediocre grindfest for op items.

gimme AO and notum wars on a new server without all the op bloat, and I'd pay for that, as it is, it's clearly going further downhill

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    **Aimed more generally**
    To the people that have concerns or upset about the game. Just be patient. Wait until the changes are implemented. play the game. Get used to the way things are due to the changes. It could be like a new game for alot of us in teh sense that we have to rework alot of stuff. to play the characters we currently play. Have some faith that the devs are actually going to provide something that you will still enjoy. All this festering hate will be the major problem AO has when trying to attract a larger audience.
    And that's ours problem ? The festering hate is the problem of the dev team and the imbecils wokring at funcom generally that has let it get this far.
    NO U

No the problem and the cause of the problem are two disticntly different things. The problem is our problem regardless of the cause. We are the ones that live with the diminished playerbase. We are the ones that moan that we dont have a playerbase. The amount of trolls in these forums arent going to win no hearts lol

There are changes happening. Until they have happened we have no clue how it will be. There is no point in moaning about what is until what will be comes to pass, until we have played it enough to decide whether we like or dislike it and untill we have decided whether we like it or not.

Any poisonous vile is just pointless and detrimental to any future onlookers.
    Last edited by gresh; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 23:03:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    NPE, my thoughts on that, are it's almost pointless, there are no new players, so how about EGC development ?

And that makes me think, what is going to happen that will generate all these new players that the DEV's are spending their time developing an experience for?

What business model was that based on? I would estimate that AO is populated by over 80% players that have played for 5 years or more wanting new content, and 15% fr00b alts/banks/credit sellers cash cows, and then 5% new players being brought into the game by the first 80% who will tell the new players to utterly bypass the NPE and come get some free gear and help from them. And all this if the current DEV team don't utterly break the game/piss players off with nano changes that nobody asked for, remember the nano/hp coils and the disaster that SL was on release? (Oh wait the did something the players wanted for 10 years and removed them)

I fail to see any logic in the delegation of tasks and priority's being undertaken currently by this team, and that concerns me greatly.
    Incredibly wrong. A game with a healthy population needs a constant supply of new players to replace the ones that leave through the natural attrition that is an MMO community. When they don't you end up with what remains, a community full of bitter vets multibox powerleveling who are so addicted they slap down more $ every month out of habit rather than enjoyment, they've already taken your money, and mine. The beginning of the game is a turn-off that everyone struggled through, and frankly today's players don't have the attention span and the markets lack of MMO competition there was 10 years ago. If you don't like something after 10 minutes, next game up, there are 500 of them.

If I was in charge, first thing I would do is delete the entire Lost Eden expansion, I will certainly never get what I want but I'm not going to bitch about it every month and threaten to unsub like so many others.

nice bs-changes, might also want to make the first spawn always be A or B to give the 'side-feeling' back.

The lockout after dying is still too short I think. Also remove invisible walls (pumps) and enable area above core-cp.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    As far as new content is concerned, AO is dead and buried
    they can fix it, good game lasts 4ever...take chess 4 example. I seen many players really want a maxed out char (complete research, max ai-level and good gear) but they give up on it (and quit) cause the path to it is so lonley and long.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast