Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

FC, can I just give you my e-mail address so I can read the updates without the attached (4 pages already) of developer beating?

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    No the problem and the cause of the problem are two disticntly different things. The problem is our problem regardless of the cause. We are the ones that live with the diminished playerbase. We are the ones that moan that we dont have a playerbase. The amount of trolls in these forums arent going to win no hearts lol

There are changes happening. Until they have happened we have no clue how it will be. There is no point in moaning about what is until what will be comes to pass, until we have played it enough to decide whether we like or dislike it and untill we have decided whether we like it or not.

Any poisonous vile is just pointless and detrimental to any future onlookers.
    So we have to wait another 5 years for any sort of actual information ? Sorry, but at this point everything is too late, nothing is soon enough.. i.e the battlestation fix, shoulda been done ages ago, not all of the sudden cause they trying to calm down the criticism. Stop being shifty and give us the fr eaking facts. It's about time they give some actual information as to whats going on and not just sit there and cash in. THe one post they decided to reply to was replyed to by a vague maybe. Thats the milker in them speaking. THERES NO MORE MILK TO BE HAD
    Last edited by Kuyt; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 23:10:24.
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    FC, can I just give you my e-mail address so I can read the updates without the attached (4 pages already) of developer beating?
    You can, it's called the back button as opening the thread puts you at the very first post of the thread which coincidentally is the dev update..
    NO U

Quote Originally Posted by Gunforhire View Post
    Just go to the main webpage and the update list is shown. Instead of clicking on the link that leads you to the forum, click on the 'more' link to get the web version of the update.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...ain&navID=1003

http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/an...&table=CONTENT
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Last month they proposed changes and have taken 40+ pages of griefing so this month the only changes they mentioned are some that they know from reading the forums to be changes that some people want so at least this way they can feel they pleased some i guess. With the amount of grief already in todays post i bet they don't announce much more in next months and who can blame them.
    Ok so you believe they aren't providing us with information because they're so thin-skinned that they can't handle feedback from their customers? Furthermore, you also believe that they now recognize the type of reaction they might get and have all of a sudden opted out of provoking more negative comments?

I personally don't believe either of those to be the case.
    You can find me at:

<wall of text> If you disliked AO so much you would quit. <wall of text>
    Once again, there is a DIFFERENCE between the game and the company that makes it.

AO is one of the best games ever made.
    Funcom is far from being the best company to ever make a game.

Only those who lost all objectivity cannot tell the difference.

<wall of text> All this festering hate will be the major problem AO has when trying to attract a larger audience.
    Yes, critical voices of disappointed customers have prevented new players from coming!
    Surely, that must be it!
    Failed marketing, non-existent new player support, and overpricing an aging product has nothing to do with it.

I rest my case.
    Last edited by Grandpa; Apr 2nd, 2014 at 23:30:33.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    So we have to wait another 5 years for any sort of actual information ? Sorry, but at this point everything is too late, nothing is soon enough.. i.e the battlestation fix, shoulda been done ages ago, not all of the sudden cause they trying to calm down the criticism. Stop being shifty and give us the fr eaking facts. It's about time they give some actual information as to whats going on and not just sit there and cash in. THe one post they decided to reply to was replyed to by a vague maybe. Thats the milker in them speaking. THERES NO MORE MILK TO BE HAD
    Then quit. Funcom are the most elusive company known to man. Just the way they introduced the secret world is the perfect example. genele replied vaguely. If she hadnt replied at all we'd moan they never replied. If they replied and said too much they get criticised. She offered a sense of hope and Genele doesnt really strike me as the type to string people along. In the halloween blunder she was (if shes a she) bending over backwards to try make us happy. She worked her ass off over that first weekend altering stuff to try to appease us after we decided that the offerings they gave us that year (it is there game and they can do what they want) was a blunder . I was a culprit then too but I appreciated the effort she went to to try and give us what we wanted.

They arnt all that hateful towards us and I do generally believe they wish to make us happy Teh devs and the techs anyhow). Im not saying they shouldnt post anything, about the current happenings or generally. Im just saying I understand why they dont. If they were a bus driver, a waiter, a judge, a plumber or a dustbin man they wouldnt have to take it. infact it would be considered abuse or harrassment and not tolerated. Maybe if we let them make their post and receive no criticism then they might start to come out of their shell, engage abit more.

Then quit. Funcom are the most elusive company known to man. Just the way they introduced the secret world is the perfect example. genele replied vaguely. If she hadnt replied at all we'd moan they never replied. If they replied and said too much they get criticised. She offered a sense of hope and Genele doesnt really strike me as the type to string people along. In the halloween blunder she was (if shes a she) bending over backwards to try make us happy. She worked her ass off over that first weekend altering stuff to try to appease us after we decided that the offerings they gave us that year (it is there game and they can do what they want) was a blunder . I was a culprit then too but I appreciated the effort she went to to try and give us what we wanted.

They arnt all that hateful towards us and I do generally believe they wish to make us happy Teh devs and the techs anyhow). Im not saying they shouldnt post anything, about the current happenings or generally. Im just saying I understand why they dont. If they were a bus driver, a waiter, a judge, a plumber or a dustbin man they wouldnt have to take it. infact it would be considered abuse or harrassment and not tolerated. Maybe if we let them make their post and receive no criticism then they might start to come out of their shell, engage abit more.
    I already did.
    NO U

I already did.
    ^^--- Doesnt look like it.

^^--- Doesnt look like it.
    pls, forum troll is a cant quit kind of thing..

the game, a whole nother story tho
    NO U

I view AO as a virtual world, so it is diferent than peakrealeases, and I hope they do whats nessesary to keep people settled. Everytime I play other mmo's I just think 'f this, hope they fix ao'.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Here is a company that makes promises (i.e. engine, i.e. class balance, etc. etc. etc.) for years and years without delivering anything at all.
    After the release of LE they delivered some great patches/changes. At least from a pvp-perspective.

2 me it seems they read feedback and this time they show they listen to the pvp-comunity it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by metaluv View Post
    you hit the nail on the head, the only decent expansion was shadowlands,
    SL added some fantastic systemchanges (perks) but to a lot of people (including me) it wrecked the gamegenre.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Ok so you believe they aren't providing us with information because they're so thin-skinned that they can't handle feedback from their customers?
    No I just think that they are intelligent human beings and after so many years of teh complaints... they can figure out that they will get complaints no matter what
    Furthermore, you also believe that they now recognize the type of reaction they might get and have all of a sudden opted out of provoking more negative comments?
    No, Not just negative comments. Also negative actions resulting in more losses to the playerbase.
    I personally don't believe either of those to be the case.
    Fari do's. You are completely within your right.

Once again, there is a DIFFERENCE between the game and the company that makes it.

AO is one of the best games ever made.
    Funcom is far from being the best company to ever make a game.

Only those who lost all objectivity cannot tell the difference.
    Thank you for that Grandpa lol Not quite sure what to make of that. Tak your meds.

Failed marketing, non-existent new player support, and overpricing an aging product has nothing to do with it.

I rest my case.
    Where am I argueing that. you rest your case? lol rest your back grandpa put your feet up. think about it. The game represents itself... the playerbase is a completely different entity... it collectively thinks for itself independantly of its host. it is possible for an awesome game to not be worth playing if it has an awful playerbase. Who would want to try this when they see so many complain when they already have "Failed marketing, non-existent new player support, and overpricing an aging product" to contend with.
    Last edited by gresh; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 00:02:41.

pls, forum troll is a cant quit kind of thing..

the game, a whole nother story tho
    lol

No I just think that they are intelligent human beings and after so many years of teh complaints... they can figure out that they will get complaints no matter what
    I should have more clearly stated my response instead of posing questions that I thought answered themselves.

I guess I don't understand how you feel that the reason why THIS update is lacking on information is some sudden realization that they'll get complaints no matter what. The game isn't new, the playerbase really hasn't changed much over the years. I think that to say that Genele read the last monthly update and thought something like 'oh crap, I better not throw fuel in the fire' is really insulting her intelligence. And if that were her desire or concern she might've bothered to answer some of the more pressing/legitimate questions raised from the last monthy update.. but she didn't.

The same applies to attempts to prevent future lose of customers. I mean both boats have long ago sailed when it comes to the monthly updates. The only thing they do is try to pump enough information out with the hopes that people will continue paying. Let's see.. anniversary time coming up so time for some more annual specials/promotions to try to get people paying again.. I'm sure the update immediately prior will be filled with new shinies meant to instill some sense of hope to their customerbase. I can already see it. "We're soon to put 18.7.x" to the beta servers which is the 2nd to last patch before we release to TestLive! In preparation of the expecting influx of new players we'll be doing <insert something regarding character names> so you might want to make sure that everything is up to date." (read: if you're not subbed, sub up because sometime in the next year or two this this will hit Live servers.. in the interim, we'd like you to get your hopes up and pay so we have more sub fees on the books to keep us going).
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 00:12:45.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    When I read last months so-called "Development Update", there were a few elements that provoked me. I tried asking some questions in a well-mannered way.

I got 0 answers.

But this months, again; so-called "Development Update" provoked me even more. I am not gonna ask a single question, I'm just gonna tell Anarchy Online's development team; stop wasting our time with diffuse information, I don't care about your vacation, I don't care about software/hardware problems, and I don't care about what playfields you are reopening or closing. I wanna know the status of the game, I wanna know if there is any real development, and I wanna know if there is any content updates. The rest is worthless to me. We were once told there wouldn't be a new expansion like The Shadowlands to AO, but there would be more booster packs. Well, 2 booster packs (Lost Eden and Legacy of the Xan) was what we got and then that stopped....

I guess it's for the better though.. Every time FC adds any content they only offer more overpowered items.... We need alternatives, not straight out replacements...

Crappy content designers will always be crappy.
    Well, i think you pretty much nailed it with this post Jihnna.

Also i love how Genele's only reply so far has been a one word answer to a sarcastic remark. Way to go Game Director, thats just the kind of pithy informative answers we need

/sarcasm off
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Well, i think you pretty much nailed it with this post Jihnna.

Also i love how Genele's only reply so far has been a one word answer to a sarcastic remark. Way to go Game Director, thats just the kind of pithy informative answers we need

/sarcasm off
    In her defense, that's the Legacy that Means and Kintaii started. I mean they always skipped over the intelligent questions and went straight for the jokes (i.e. that whole back and forth 'Confirmed' thing they used to do with Lazy).
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 00:16:55.
    You can find me at:

I write 8 short sentences and you wrote 25 full lines of text.
    I read your 25 lines, but you didn't read (or perhaps didn't understand) my 8.

Let's try one more time. Here is your original statement:
    All this festering hate will be the major problem AO has when trying to attract a larger audience.
    My response was that failed corporate policy, not justified customer complaints, are to blame that we don't get new players.
    So you reply to me with this:
    Where am I argueing that. you rest your case? lol rest your back grandpa put your feet up. .
    ...but in the same post you say to Traderjill a few lines earlier:
    No, Not just negative comments. Also negative actions resulting in more losses to the playerbase.
    I find it interesting that the people who decry "negative" comments against Funcom have no hesitation to make negative comments about their fellow players.

I'm smelling hypocrisy....
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

In her defense, that's the Legacy that Means and Kintaii started. I mean they always skipped over the intelligent questions and went straight for the jokes and biting sarcasm.
    Which hardly excuses it, also whatever issues i might have with Genele i wouldnt compare her to Kintaii with his 'anyone who posts negativity in this ass-kissing FC love thread will be infracted because i say so' attitude
    Last edited by Neista; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 00:19:51.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Which hardly excuses it
    Agreed. I was just attempting to be funny.
    You can find me at:

wish bs had a number cap. I mean why 10 on 10 why not a lock? too many afk alts screwing it up?

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast