Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 2nd April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Bekrowe View Post
    I'd like to introduce you to Sezmra our Community Manager. I do believe she is the one you would be saying doesn't exist.

For Customer Service they are called Genetic Manipulators and they are staffed 24/7. You reach them by http://help.funcom.com or via ingame /petition.
    There you go Grandpa. i stand corrected. You arnt getting responses because you are aiming them in the wrong place. Sezmra and her team are waiting to hear from you 24/7

Seems this is the wrong place for you to vent your anger and frustrations out after all.

Apologies to Sezmra for the denial of your existance

So Bekrowe, you can post on the forums so you can correct things that could be found out by anybody wanting to know such things. Like if we actually had a customer service team or where to direct complaints but you cant answer any of the peoples concerns or questions. Funny how you pick and choose what you comment on.

Before the yes-man police comes down on me again, let me say something to the topic:
    There was not much in this update, but bug fixes are always good, so credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by jorricane View Post
    I ask is that you stop trying to include me, and everyone else who may or may not agree with you in your support base.
    I will extend an olive branch to you:
    Rest assured that you are not, nor have you ever been, included in my opinion.

My language is the product of 25 years in my profession.
    Every day, I must be brief and precise when I express an opinion or I will not be heard.
    Unlike some who post long-winded, vague walls of text, I believe one can express himself sufficiently clear in just a few sentences.

Lastly (and amusing to me), if anyone thinks my posts are "angry", you are mistaken.
    I would never post here if I'm angry, Anarrina wouldn't like that.
    But perhaps I could use some emoticons to lighten up my writings?

If I agree with you, I am perfectly capable of saying so.

~Sauer
    Good. We agree to disagree - no harm, no foul.
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Worst people in history. Wow. Good thing we can all play TESO, the worst game in history, right now! And it was only 60€!
    We have many AO Player (21) in our Trading TESO Guild and they love it It's something different, but it's very cool (Graphics, Quest, World Zones). the game have just a bit of "avatar" or "rift" and "Lord of the Rings" And it's quite near to Skyrim.

To the Topic: for me it's another fail message/news... I'm very disappointed... For me is Anarchy Online atm one of the worst MMO in the area of PVP... and the upcoming changes dont make it better... And the PVE Content need changes too - it's boring
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by gresh
    So Bekrowe, you can post on the forums so you can correct things that could be found out by anybody wanting to know such things. Like if we actually had a customer service team or where to direct complaints but you cant answer any of the peoples concerns or questions. Funny how you pick and choose what you comment on.
    If you could find the information so easily then next time actually check your information before posting incorrect information to others. As the Community Relations Director of the Advisors of Rubi-Ka (ARK) it is my job to try to ensure the information provided is correct. So yes I can and will correct your misinformation when you present it.

Before you tell me to do my job you pay me for have a look at the links in my signature about what ARK is about. I do not speak for Funcom unless they explain something to me which I should relay to your folks. Normally this information is provided by Sezmra since that is her job these days.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    There you go Grandpa. i stand corrected. You arnt getting responses because you are aiming them in the wrong place. Sezmra and her team are waiting to hear from you 24/7
    I'm now a little confused.. maybe its my old age :P

On TSW's forums sezmra actually starts the discussion thread for the monthly letter. So are we now also supposed to post these things to her under separate cover in order for her to read them or what am I missing here?

Example: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=78574
    Example: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=188114

I guess I"m not clear on sezmra's role in the whole process. And yes, I read her intro letter but I'm still not clear on how this applies to feedback on monthly updates.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Apr 3rd, 2014 at 23:16:00.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Apparently there are some here who think that when someone disagrees with them that person is a yes-man, a fanboi or is tasting boots, whereas they supposedly are unbiased and not siding with the enemy, FC, but are standing up for all of us ignorant players who need to be shown the way. Please lets get back to the forum and stop the name calling.

Jill there is no issues with the current way you all are attempting to provide feedback to the Monthly Letters. The only time it becomes a problem is when it becomes bashing. We try to clean those up as soon as we see them though. I can't say for sure if there is a different approach that would work better. I'm just attempting to provide correct information.

That quote you quote isn't correct. Customer Service is the service provided by Funcom ingame. The Service of community responses is what Sezmra does and that is on the forums. She is not available 24/7.
    Director Bekrowe
    ARK Community Relations
    Public Forums Moderator
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: Ark Public Website :: Social Events with ARK :: Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry :: ARK Tours :: Join ARK!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Before the yes-man police comes down on me again, let me say something to the topic:
    There was not much in this update, but bug fixes are always good, so credit where credit is due.

I will extend an olive branch to you:
    Rest assured that you are not, nor have you ever been, included in my opinion.

My language is the product of 25 years in my profession.
    Every day, I must be brief and precise when I express an opinion or I will not be heard.
    Unlike some who post long-winded, vague walls of text, I believe one can express himself sufficiently clear in just a few sentences.

Lastly (and amusing to me), if anyone thinks my posts are "angry", you are mistaken.
    I would never post here if I'm angry, Anarrina wouldn't like that.
    But perhaps I could use some emoticons to lighten up my writings?

Good. We agree to disagree - no harm, no foul.
    It may perhaps be your brevity that creates in my mind an impression of of self importance in your posts. I always viewed Hemingway in much the same manner. However, I appreciate the olive branch and will view any further posts by you as what they are - without the implication (now that I see your intentions are purely honorable) that you speak for any others unless you specifically say so. In return, I offer a laurel, and hearty handshake.

It has been a pleasurable experience dealing with a forum user sans guile.

Carry on!

~Sauer
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Ive seen you post on threads with concerns (concerns that other people have had too) that has had an official comment on and instead of being happy you got some kind of response... You fired in another shift of questions and concerns.
    Hmm.. I'm not saying that in 10 years this has never happened but this is definitely not something that is representative of my overall posting behavior. In general, I have always been appreciative when answers to my questions have been provided. I've also posted in and/or started several threads thanking the devs for changes and improvements that directly impacted my gameplay. The only situation that I can think of where I was quite annoyed with responses was regarding the GMI when it was in the testing phase and I believe my responses were perfectly reasonable, all considered.

Now I aint saying you cant have questions and concerns but How much information would be enough? what ever information they offer up to try to quell fears and concerns regarding changes will allways inspire more questions. I would kinda prefer them to ignore us, get the work completed and release it
    Well here you and I completely agree. I have stated, many times, that I'd rather they not give us any information rather than bad/unhelpful/confusing comments. I would've been happy with them not providing any details rather than leave a constant ????. Case and point being that change to open up the two AI city zones. Honestly, it would have been better, to me, if nothing was even mentioned since they either didn't provide additional detail intentionally (for fear of our reaction) or simply didn't have the sense to know people would want to know why they're doing it.

I hope you dont see this as a personal attack

Now im sure you are going to rip me apart here
    hmm.. uh.. ok? Why would I rip you or anyone else apart on the forums? I type a lot and I'm argumentative but I never attack people.. not even the people that directly attack me.

That being said, I feel like you and I have, this entire time, being going back and forth regarding 2 separate things and I think it would take nothing short than a 2minute voice conversation to explain it. Being that isn't an option I won't waste anyone else's time with another wall of text on discussing whether or not funcom is intentionally not providing useful information or not. It really isn't going to change the way I communicate and it surely isn't going to change their communications either.

Jill there is no issues with the current way you all are attempting to provide feedback to the Monthly Letters. The only time it becomes a problem is when it becomes bashing. We try to clean those up as soon as we see them though. I can't say for sure if there is a different approach that would work better. I'm just attempting to provide correct information.
    Its pretty easy to take something out of its proper context so thanks for the clarification.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I'd like to introduce you to Sezmra our Community Manager. I do believe she is the one you would be saying doesn't exist.

For Customer Service they are called Genetic Manipulators and they are staffed 24/7. You reach them by http://help.funcom.com or via ingame /petition.
    You answered my question on what the dev teams responsibilities were. Or the member you felt appropriate to your comment at least. You also correct me over my comment of Funcom's Customer Service Department not existing and introduced me to Sezmra the community manager. Saying She was the one "Customer services" that doesnt exist. You then refer to the people in Customer Service as Genetic Manipulators So yeah I took that to mean Sezmra was in charge of customer services.

If you could find the information so easily then next time actually check your information before posting incorrect information to others.
    I do know how to contact them, the link has been offered previously in past petitions. It isnt my Job to inform people of any information, I have been known to help out with information but not normally when they insult me in their first post they direct towards me. Its your job to ensure the correct information is out there not mine so you can correct me when im wrong. You said so your self. Im not telling you how to do anything.
    If you could find the information so easily then next time actually check your information before posting incorrect information to others. As the Community Relations Director of the Advisors of Rubi-Ka (ARK) it is my job to try to ensure the information provided is correct. So yes I can and will correct your misinformation when you present it.
    Its been commented on that funcom dont have a very big presence and I guess I was just playing along with that when i said they dont have a customer service department but it was only mentioned in the first place because I was saying that there was no point pouring it into the forums on the monthly update. He replied with
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    If your job description places you in the path of customer complaints, you a) need to be able to handle it and b) update those above you regularly.
    If you cannot do that, you need to find a different job.
    So this told me me he thinks genele or the forums are customer service. Isnt it your job to correct information? Why was I in a position where I could release such false information onto the unsuspecting public.

have a look at the links in my signature about what ARK is about. I do not speak for Funcom unless they explain something to me which I should relay to your folks. Normally this information is provided by Sezmra since that is her job these days.
    I hadnt looked at the links in your signature. I hadnt looked at your avatar aither. I saw the different colour and thought you were somebody official. Oh well eh. Well I have heard of the Arks and I am familiar with what they are about thank you and Ive seen yoru signature too. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I guess I"m not clear on sezmra's role in the whole process. And yes, I read her intro letter but I'm still not clear on how this applies to feedback on monthly updates.
    Nothing other than a joke I made about customer service not existing in relation to grandpa saying the customer services where the job title of OP or forums in which I was rightfully corrected where so I pointed out the information.

Quote Originally Posted by srompu View Post
    SCHWEET LAWD JEBUS THEY HEARD ME ALLELUIA PRAISE GAWD

I'm so happy.
    hush, your side emoquit. no bs for you!

seriously though, agreed. although i'd have prefered just not to have insta ch healkits.

Abandon all hope
    ಠ_ಠ

Most of monthly development letters are just pathetic
    If you look at them closely they are more like "Monthly excuse letters" why we delayed this and that, who and where was on vacation plus some horrible ideas nobody asked for ...

Those letters should be addressed at players and comunity but the way I see it is that they are written to CEO and their true meaning is " ... please do not fire us all right now, we are still trying to do something ..."

AO has run out of control long time ago. Game Director has lost any control over the development of AO (is there any development at all ? or just several projects that are totaly not coordinated and all of them badly delayed or abandoned :
    - new engine - is it 5 or 6 years since they started lying about it?
    - profession rebalance - is it 2 or 3 years since they anounced planned changes for each prof?
    - new player experience - this is relatively new lie by FC standards

To make things even worse AO's economy is ruined thx to incompetence of FC that first of all over the years could not stop many exploits like credit generation, item duplication etc.
    The funny thing is that FC refuse to admit that exploits even exist by deleting or locking any threads that have word "exploit" in topic. The only thing that is done every patch is to write the same sentence at the end of every patch note: "We fixed various bugs and exploits"
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Kuyt View Post
    Ugh.

This post.

You.
    Ugh.

Your face.

This forum.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Most of monthly development letters are just pathetic
    If you look at them closely they are more like "Monthly excuse letters" why we delayed this and that, who and where was on vacation plus some horrible ideas nobody asked for ...
    Let me preface this by starting off saying i've always enjoyed teaming with you Awi, you have always shown a firm grasp of game mechanics and teamwork. You have also always been very patient and soft spoken in raids with new players as well. At times you have loved AO and used your extensive knowledge to the benefit of all.

Now I must say something has really gotten you "turnt-up" about AO lately. Is this a sign of the times that past loyal AO supporters are getting fed up? Lately you have been very much fire and brimstone and it surprises me.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I fail to understand how people can support the devs still. Instead of giving any kind of reply on important issues that can EASILY be addressed (once again, read: multiboxing) she choses to make "troll" threads after being called out on a shoddy update. Perhaps if you posted relevant information in your monthly updates instead of tales of your incompetency people would not feel the need to call you out.

Saying things like "we listen to you" and then showing the complete opposite in your actions is a big reason for people to be angry. The only people that support your thread are brainwashed basement dwelling neckbeard whiteknights and they are the minority. You're repeatedly pissing off a large majority of your playerbase and they will (and many already have) look to other horizons if you guys do not up your game soon.

I love AO and hate to see it die due to sheer incompetence.

Your post doesnt match your forum name. sorry..couldnt resist... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Notevenmad View Post
    I fail to understand how people can support the devs still. Instead of giving any kind of reply on important issues that can EASILY be addressed (once again, read: multiboxing) she choses to make "troll" threads after being called out on a shoddy update. Perhaps if you posted relevant information in your monthly updates instead of tales of your incompetency people would not feel the need to call you out.

Saying things like "we listen to you" and then showing the complete opposite in your actions is a big reason for people to be angry. The only people that support your thread are brainwashed basement dwelling neckbeard whiteknights and they are the minority. You're repeatedly pissing off a large majority of your playerbase and they will (and many already have) look to other horizons if you guys do not up your game soon.

I love AO and hate to see it die due to sheer incompetence.
    Did you copy/paste or rewrite the whole thing?

OMG Shalex are you following me?!?!?!
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

Quote Originally Posted by Notevenmad View Post
    The only people that support your thread are brainwashed basement dwelling neckbeard whiteknights and they are the minority.
    Calm down buddy, there's no karma on the AO forums.
    Last edited by Adva; Apr 4th, 2014 at 20:16:04. Reason: Phone be trippin'

OMG Shalex are you following me?!?!?!
    I R in your ceilings, watching j00 type.
    Last edited by Shalex; Apr 4th, 2014 at 20:17:04. Reason: typo...

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast