62 8.55%
  • New Shadowlands Mission

251 34.62%
  • Towerwars changes

244 33.66%
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: You decide, first edition!

took my 10 seconds about to decide, was so easy to pick for last one

fix the dam lvl ranges on sites. ie. if site is 100 - 150 ONLY they can do pvp there, should cut off stupid support of any higher ranges then and aim on proper fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

Poll about poll.

How long will it take for them to bury the whole thing 6 feet under?

[ ] A: 1 Month
    [ ] B: 3 Months
    [ ] C: 6 Months
    [ ] D: I'm already digging that hole!

But what comes to original poll, 2. sounds most interesting to me. While option 4. being really really close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    lol. they dont want to revamp nw, they think the emoquitting is due to towers being killed all too quickly. this is getting ridiculous. clan had all tl7 towers despite the multiboxers. how does that indicate a problem like outlined above.
    People like to hold on to their towers for as long as possible with as little effort as possible. Every side that owns TL7 towers has moaned about griefing for as long as NW has been around, MBing is extreme griefing, and it seems to work.
    Clan have owned TL7 for a while, with no proper omni attempts to take them back, MBing seems to be working in this aspect, and clan don't like it, because they can see the power shifting, the simple option would be to start MBing themselves, most people i'd say have more than 1 account, but as per my initial sentence, it's too much effort.
    I don't condone MBing, nor am I against it but this seems like a desperate attempt to keep towers.
    Deadfroobs - 18 agent- Work in progress
    Reidsangry - 30 enf - Work in progress
    Reidsmp - 76 mp
    Reidsagent - 95 agent/enf
    Reidsdrainz - 114 agent
    Reidscrat - 161 crat
    Reids - 218 crat
    Reidventurer - 220 advy
    Reidsma - 220 MA

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Actually, rapid tower death is a major problem at TL5 with 10 Crats, 20 pets, and 2 Fixers dropping a CT in 2 minutes.
    that may be so, but that is not why people quit. lets focus on tl7 first.

@reids: agreed.

Ahh i knew it would go this way, too many pvpers in AO

Colour me disappointed but props to the Devs for giving us the choice
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post

Colour me disappointed but props to the Devs for giving us the choice
    Considering how much BS runs and how deserted the Notum Miner FFA area is, I'd say the PvP crowd is the minority.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Dear Devs

I would like you to know that I have not voted on this poll.
    First because I think it was made to distract the silly people from raging on the monthly threads and not a real poll to find out what people want.
    Second because I think that what AO needs most is new players and giving some of the existing players what they want will contribute nothing to bring in new players and maybe even make some of the current players quit.
    Third because in my opinion none of the proposed options should be worked on first. Don't know why, but I have this feeling you should look at the list of things to do and start from the bottom.

You should really start with fixing the game. Reward people for playing and teaming not buying loot rights and cred farming. Create alternatives for leveling and give decent gear. Promote twinking and PvP by supplying information and making all gear accessible to all (not necessarily easy to get). Farming AI armor and Tara loot should not be a business for the players who have nothing else to do.

But, yeah, I'm wasting my time. Here is what I think of your proposals.

1: New instance. Really needed since there as been no new content for a while. You should think about that AFTER Rebance and fixing the game. It will be just another farm otherwise.

2: Monthly boss events. A great idea... not really. It could be a good idea if it consisted in some random spawning mobs, like a random messenger from one faction running all over RK with really good loot, a reward for exploring. Spawning an event boss with some loot while you are at work is not a good idea for player retention. Loot rights selling is already easier than it should be.

3: Pathfinding. Of all things in your list it probably should be the one with the highest priority, it should be a part of rebalance and come right after fixing powerleveling, loot right selling and all the other broken gameplay.

4: New shadowland missions. This might actually be more important than pathfinding. If the idea is to create a balanced leveling AND gear acquisition process. Prolly ends up being another railroad to endgame or loot right selling business. And why make it team only?

5: Making changes to towerwars. The real thing. Yeah, do that. With PvP in the hands of the most elitest of the eliters it will end up contributing nothing to make AO popular, increase the revenue for FC or raise your paycheck. Go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Towerwar updates are waste of dev-time, unless you make it PvM content ;D
    The NW crowd was complaining that it became PVT instead of PVP for awhile, but honestly that sounds more interesting. I remember how SWG implemented land control - you could set up a whole base with an inner playfield that required certain professions to take down, which could really fend for itself for an extended period due to the power of the NPCs inside and out. As a result there never had to be hot and cold times.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Lol, I wish. Too many lemmings actually.

hehe i clicked wrong, i kinda want shadowland missions before tower wars. but i gues it doesnt matter.
    thou i kinda voted just to vote, i dont realy find the game fun before they change and rebalance the professions and give new perks/tools so i get to learn to pvp diffrently.

Number 4 obviously
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

If funcom are looking to improve notum wars the very first thing they should do is remove /assist from the game. It literally dumbs it down to the point where players don't have to pay attention or put any effort whatsoever, both in pvp and pvm. It's also a pretty easy solution to the multiboxing "problem" people are crying over lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    If funcom are looking to improve notum wars the very first thing they should do is remove /assist from the game. It literally dumbs it down to the point where players don't have to pay attention or put any effort whatsoever, both in pvp and pvm. It's also a pretty easy solution to the multiboxing "problem" people are crying over lately.
    The problem is that then heals are incredibly OP. A 10 min tara fight will go on forever if there is no assist. So you'd have to adjust a lot of stuff to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    The problem is that then heals are incredibly OP. A 10 min tara fight will go on forever if there is no assist. So you'd have to adjust a lot of stuff to compensate.
    Except that heals haven't been touched since 2003 aside from the few new nanos and some more heal eff. Amazing how people whine about the heals after everyone gets massive amounts of HP/AAD/evades/AR and never seemed to be a problem before that. Blaming the symptom doesn't fix the cause.

OT: Probably should of narrowed down the pvm choices some, as other have said the pvm vote will be to spread out vs the concentration of pvpers as they are the majority on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by reids View Post
    People like to hold on to their towers for as long as possible with as little effort as possible. Every side that owns TL7 towers has moaned about griefing for as long as NW has been around, MBing is extreme griefing, and it seems to work.
    Clan have owned TL7 for a while, with no proper omni attempts to take them back, MBing seems to be working in this aspect, and clan don't like it, because they can see the power shifting, the simple option would be to start MBing themselves, most people i'd say have more than 1 account, but as per my initial sentence, it's too much effort.
    I don't condone MBing, nor am I against it but this seems like a desperate attempt to keep towers.
    Seriously Reids, get real. Since 2009 Omni only have 250 LCAs when clan stops doing NW. With or without multibox.
    The only thing that MB crap is doing is turning an Multiplayer game into a single player one. Affects PVM and PVP.
    And thats why we all against it, in a multiplayer game i assume people will team up for the diversity content of the game itself, to reach objectives together, and not solo everything. For that i'd pick Quake or any other RPG.
    Last edited by Slynn; Apr 8th, 2014 at 16:51:16.
    Somne 220/30 Advisor of Equilibrium7
    Mercha 150/20 Advisor of Equilibrium
    Slynn 60/6 President of Equilizers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylinne View Post
    Better stick to killing. Youre much better ganker than song writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post
    Except that heals haven't been touched since 2003 aside from the few new nanos and some more heal eff. Amazing how people whine about the heals after everyone gets massive amounts of HP/AAD/evades/AR and never seemed to be a problem before that. Blaming the symptom doesn't fix the cause.

OT: Probably should of narrowed down the pvm choices some, as other have said the pvm vote will be to spread out vs the concentration of pvpers as they are the majority on the forums.
    Whine? Wut? Are you aware that we now have something called raid interfaces where there may be 5 or 10 docs, all with instant click and heal capabilities? You don't think that has increased the healing in large scale wars? Huh? :>

i heard rumours about Improved Complete Healing was added to game after 2003, i might be wrong though, haven't played a doc since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb4 View Post
    fsojddq oiermoinue jiebu
    (just randomly hiting the keyboard like Zixx) <3

Pathfinding, over everything else. This has been an issue since forever, with pets, charms, mobs getting lost or stuck. This is a complicated issue, but it will make the experience of pet users much more enjoyable instead of waiting forever for pets or having to use pet warp in every room (when available...).
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeran View Post

This is a which one first poll, rather than pick one the others won't happen poll; they will happen, and in order of player vote preference; as for the poll well it's on the launcher, share the link on your respective guilds forums etc and see a fair turnout of votes it's running for another 13 days at time of my posting this. (btw NW released in 2002 and hasn't changed mechanically or with update since)

And I would say I was 75% PVM/25% PVP anyhow so new boss in the pyramid yes please after a NW revamp.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    I see nothing wrong with epic long battles. Really how can that be a bad thing, this community ugh.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast