• New Shadowlands Mission

251 34.62%
  • Towerwars changes

244 33.66%
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: You decide, first edition!

towerwar changes

can we please change tower wars gas

i am now old man with family played this game since day dot and i now realise that to keep players 6 hour wars ar not feasable.

Especially low end tower fields can the opening times not be scalable with the Ql of the land

Also make some super plats for factiosn so factiosn can go to war and plant ubah towers for organisation wide benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    If funcom are looking to improve notum wars the very first thing they should do is remove /assist from the game. It literally dumbs it down to the point where players don't have to pay attention or put any effort whatsoever, both in pvp and pvm. It's also a pretty easy solution to the multiboxing "problem" people are crying over lately.
    Have to agree ^^
    Diabetes - teh qt engi
    Anseh - teh nab nanotech
    Lethargic - teh gimp trader

Devil Inside

From my point of view since I have done almost only NW in my AO history. Some great NW changes would be:

1. MAKE there are ingame system too see the hot fields as everyone is able to look where to attack, even the new players

2. MAKE there more time to get forces to defence your field.

3. MAKE there more actions of the ORG members to defence. With this I mean that the org could have more ways to defence than orbital strike. Like popping clan guards around your field.

4. REMOVE tower flags. Seriously I mean this.

5. MAKE there a voice alarm when you are in a WAR.

6. MAKE new tower content like snare towers (For AI players maybe?)

7. STOP this griefing pls. No fun to get forces and when you go to defence they are all gone. Doesn´t motivate to defence really.

8. MAKE there more benefits to your field. Like some resources or having wealthy bosses popping in your field and only the owner of the field has the right to attack them.

Quote Originally Posted by Peltiperse View Post
    From my point of view since I have done almost only NW in my AO history. Some great NW changes would be:

1. MAKE there are ingame system too see the hot fields as everyone is able to look where to attack, even the new players

3. MAKE there more actions of the ORG members to defence. With this I mean that the org could have more ways to defence than orbital strike. Like popping clan guards around your field.

7. STOP this griefing pls. No fun to get forces and when you go to defence they are all gone. Doesn´t motivate to defence really.

8. MAKE there more benefits to your field. Like some resources or having wealthy bosses popping in your field and only the owner of the field has the right to attack them.
    I like a lot of these ideas, I will add my own (controversial) one:
    9. A huge boost to the role of mechs in NW. It seems like mechs were designed to level the playing field between hardcore PvPers and regular folks, but they've languished since. APTs often can't even hit people, much less alpha them. More people might get involved in NW if they can contribute without having 10 different PvP twinks and thousands of solo kills; ESPECIALLY the fabled new player. Take one of the mechs that people barely use, tweak its stats so it can hit players for a meaningful amount of damage and can still move around, and force a little rock-paper-scissors with mechs/anti-mechs in mass PvP.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

1. New Instance
    No to more 220 only content. The rush to 220 because "that is where the game is" madness is STUPID. Also 3-6 months for this is being really optimistic. I seriously doubt it would be a finished instance that was not exploitable and bug ridden. Remember the Collector? Nuff Said.

2. Monthly Boss Event
    If it scales so that it is content for everyone and not just 220's then sure. Otherwise same as above to more 220 content.

3. Path Finding
    And this is why no one believes the team about deliver dates. The poll is for 3-6 month development to live cycle. Um been here since launch and the last two times they attempted to work on path finding it was 9-12 months each time and still did not fix it properly. So NO because I don't believe the team can deliver it in the time frame they are stating.

4. New Shadow Land Missions
    Not in the form you suggesting. I would like to SL missions added to all SL Zones for single players at a min first. Then maybe this new mission type only if it is also added to all zones.

5. Tower Changes
    I don't do NW these days. Did NW beta. If you think this is a 3-6 month project to fix NW then you guys need to see a doctor. Again don't think you can deliver it it in the time frame you specified and it not be anything other than crap.

In short your list is in no way reflective of the time frame you are looking at. The inability of the team to deliver on a schedule has created to much of a history. Whatever you do take on needs to be done, complete, solid and fully debugged with no exploits (Collector!!) at the end of this 3-6 month time frame.

My Ideas:
    Remove the invisible walls in the SL Gardens. Just take some time to walk around the gardens and you will find all of them. Very doable in the time frame you suggested.

Fix the -000 weapons upgrade quest so that it is instanced and scales for players from level 20 to 220. The NPE and store revamp make these weapon front and center from the time you come off NPE till you can get the good loot drop weapons. Would hope a scaling missions series would be doable in 3-6 months.

Fix the LE type system. Change all the types into 3 three types
    Ranged Weapon Upgrade
    Melee Weapon Upgrade
    Armor Upgrade
    Collecting 100+ types and getting 1 that you need over 60 missions is stupid. And that is the average for my farming these days. The system can be better and should be better. It still can take 5 types to upgrade the weapons from MK1 to MK6 and 2 types to upgrade an armor to Penult. Just reduce the number the types so that it is a nicer farming experience. The current system is just one that looks good on paper but sucks when drops are RNG controlled.

In the event that the above fix is not possible or deemed stupid. Can we get an NPC that lets us turn in LE Types on a 5 to 1 ratio for a specific type we need?

Add Perennium weapons fill out the rest of the weapon types. My ideas:
    Pistol
    Shotgun
    Sword (1he)
    Long Sword (2he)
    Bat (1hb)
    Sledge Hammer (2hb) <- really think getting back to AO release roots for enforcers here
    Saber (piercing)
    Claw (ma)
    Crossbow (bow)
    Really no reason to not finish out the weapon set. Why Sol, Fix & agent were ever singled out for such power is a bit odd to me. The basis here is that these would all be 1/1 weapons like the current Perennium weapons. These are in no way endgame weapons but would make for decent options. Base there power on 90% AI Weapons but use the QL to Skill Req scale that the current ones use.

Make the "Not in combat" and "Sitting" heal delta start at 100 for all classes. Leave the tick amount the amount same. Just bring AO a bit more in line with your other games and most MMO's in general with a heal delta that actually noticeable with you are out of combat and sitting.

New AI Zone for solo play. For simplicity copy S10 into a new zone and scale it down for level 45-80 toons. Remove the boss system for this lower level zone. Just a place to go and kill aliens and get AI weapons in the level ranges of 40 to 100. Types could also drop here so the weapons could be typed. No bounties, no relays, no bosses. Just aliens to kills with same mission system that S10 has.

AI Weapon Typing NPC in the NPE. Great that it drops AI weapons in NPE. But really no way to type them. So make an NPC that gives you a mission to collect X number alien weapons in return for typing a weapon of your choice. I don't think a bunch of easily typed QL10-16 AI weapons is going to break the game. But it would be a nice option for new players and low level twinks.

Fix the direction you face when exiting the Daily Mission Shops so that they match every other building in the game. Exiting the one in Bor to find yourself facing the door is really an amaetur mistake at creation. Time to fix it.

Finish Ofab armor so that all professions have shoulder pads.

These are some thoughts. Stop thinking big and take on something that actually can be done in the time you allotted.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

I agree with most people on this thread but Lheann's ideas are, in my opinion, the best for the AO team to work on.

But if we are doomed to follow through with this poll then I hope that we get SL missions that span across all of SL for all levels. This could really make it easier for those crappy levels between 120 and 160. None of the other stuff looks appealing to me in the least.

More 220 content...
    Why would you do that? There is enough of it already and well over half of the player base cant even access it.

Monthly boss thing is just stupid.

Pathing shouldn't even be on this list because it is something that shouldnt be a problem on a 10+ year old mmo.

Finally NW stuff is uninteresting because its boring and I dont see any benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Well, it's easy to learn a common language that lets you communicate more widely. Look at me, I speak 3 and understand 5 and I only learned two in school. The rest just picked up on the way throughout.
    I speak the only language that matters. American.

So, the tower people ruined the poll... GZ!

That's what you get for having 4 nice PvM suggestions and one lazy PvP one. Working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    So, the tower people ruined the poll... GZ!

That's what you get for having 4 nice PvM suggestions and one lazy PvP one. Working as intended.
    There would be a point in being upset if this wasn't a "You decide (on our next 10 year project/empty promise)" poll

Ah, I guess you're right. It's better to keep the PvP folks waiting for some changes than having our hopes up.

I like this. it shows a real reflection of what the players think are critical areas in need of change. my only problem with it, is that probably 50% or more of the player population never or rarely visits the forums. it would help if there was a global announcement upon log in, or even random informing players of important areas in the forums where they can make a difference.

e.g.- I was playing AO for over a year before I even knew the forums were a thing. being my first real MMO that I played, I had no clue of how valuable information here could be.

p.s.- I voted for tower changes, obviously
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

tower wars changes.... lock gas to site level range .. period.. no pockets no more tl 7 gimps ganking tl 5 at a 170 tower wars
    what if the hokey pokey?...is what its all about
    I AM BORED!!!!
    Capnsfix, Capncaveman, Denamari, Monkeylips, and boatloads of others
    Insanity inc. still waiting on our in game strait jacket

I voted for a new instance. On a grand scale of things I think it is a wise choice if we want to gain more interest in this game. Many people have left due to pure lack of new content. It has been over 3 years since LoX... and that content and lore is getting sad and tiring. Perhaps something completely new and original... Rubi-ka does have 2 moons if I am not mistaken. Perhaps new content on the moons. It would give you guys a new excuse to expand the game levels. I am merely saying that for a game that is set 30,000 years in the future it seems sad that all we have to play on is one planet.

Quote Originally Posted by capncaveman View Post
    tower wars changes.... lock gas to site level range .. period.. no pockets no more tl 7 gimps ganking tl 5 at a 170 tower wars
    yerp... lots of potentially very nice fixes. but this doesn't help the ridiculous multibox situation.

However, it still is a relevant issue - just less than it was before.

McknuckleSamwich the multi boxing is a few people from both sides.. very minor in the grand scheme of things for overall participation
    what if the hokey pokey?...is what its all about
    I AM BORED!!!!
    Capnsfix, Capncaveman, Denamari, Monkeylips, and boatloads of others
    Insanity inc. still waiting on our in game strait jacket

Quote Originally Posted by Weathermaker View Post
    I voted for a new instance. On a grand scale of things I think it is a wise choice if we want to gain more interest in this game. Many people have left due to pure lack of new content. It has been over 3 years since LoX... and that content and lore is getting sad and tiring. Perhaps something completely new and original... Rubi-ka does have 2 moons if I am not mistaken. Perhaps new content on the moons. It would give you guys a new excuse to expand the game levels. I am merely saying that for a game that is set 30,000 years in the future it seems sad that all we have to play on is one planet.
    Yeah definitely need other options for leveling 200+ if not before new engine then at the same time it's released....

Think about it.. if the goal is to get interest in the game and funcom succeeds at that.. whats going to happen when people get to an overcrowded Ely like back in the day.

Or.... get tired of Inf missions

This game is over 10 years old.. there are a lot of people with multiple 220's, if the game gets popular a lot will come back and pretty sure they and the vets that are still here will help newbs level, so there might be a bunch of new 200+ newbs that get bored of doing tons of inferno missions ... especially at 210-218....

How many times has someone come back to the game after many months away and couldn't stick around more then a month because most of their toons where 201+ and needed to do inf to level, got tired of inf missions or not being able to get a team for one and quit until next time.

This has happened to me so many times since 2010, I been back a little over a month , this is the first time since 2010 that I came back hoping I could fall in love with the game again and stuck around more then 3 weeks.

I don't even know why I am playing right now and having fun, a lot of things are even worse then when i quit in 2010... back then bs actually ran, first week back I stayed qued for hours on my 180-210 toons and almost never got in and the few times i did get bs it ended right away because of people leaving..And a lot of the time lft is dead.. those few hours of "prime" time aren't even that good.

Quote Originally Posted by fixoj View Post
    How bout something new a solo able leveling system ?. i am tired of having to find a team every time i want to level.. and inferno missions are getting old. A entire new zone maybe ?. something new not something FC can do in a week.
    I always thought it would be cool if pandezod was xp for 201-214 and tnh/scourge-run was xp for 215-220.

Then go straight to beastlair via pandegarden.

Quote Originally Posted by drluva View Post
    i am now old man with family played this game since day dot and i now realise that to keep players 6 hour wars ar not feasable.
    mhm, enough if this 'wait hours for 10 seconds of pvpcombat' or 'spend most time rezzing, buffing and traveling'.
    Last edited by leetlover; Apr 10th, 2014 at 07:01:10.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peltiperse View Post

^_^ also maybe make xfer/sharing possible, and towers for vp plz. i h8 pvm
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

It seems like, we are getting only pvp updates from now on.
    Dragocz RK1

Quote Originally Posted by Lheann View Post
    1. New Instance
    No to more 220 only content. The rush to 220 because "that is where the game is" madness is STUPID. Also 3-6 months for this is being really optimistic. I seriously doubt it would be a finished instance that was not exploitable and bug ridden. Remember the Collector? Nuff Said.

2. Monthly Boss Event
    If it scales so that it is content for everyone and not just 220's then sure. Otherwise same as above to more 220 content.

3. Path Finding
    And this is why no one believes the team about deliver dates. The poll is for 3-6 month development to live cycle. Um been here since launch and the last two times they attempted to work on path finding it was 9-12 months each time and still did not fix it properly. So NO because I don't believe the team can deliver it in the time frame they are stating.

4. New Shadow Land Missions
    Not in the form you suggesting. I would like to SL missions added to all SL Zones for single players at a min first. Then maybe this new mission type only if it is also added to all zones.

5. Tower Changes
    I don't do NW these days. Did NW beta. If you think this is a 3-6 month project to fix NW then you guys need to see a doctor. Again don't think you can deliver it it in the time frame you specified and it not be anything other than crap.

In short your list is in no way reflective of the time frame you are looking at. The inability of the team to deliver on a schedule has created to much of a history. Whatever you do take on needs to be done, complete, solid and fully debugged with no exploits (Collector!!) at the end of this 3-6 month time frame.

My Ideas:
    Remove the invisible walls in the SL Gardens. Just take some time to walk around the gardens and you will find all of them. Very doable in the time frame you suggested.

Fix the -000 weapons upgrade quest so that it is instanced and scales for players from level 20 to 220. The NPE and store revamp make these weapon front and center from the time you come off NPE till you can get the good loot drop weapons. Would hope a scaling missions series would be doable in 3-6 months.

Fix the LE type system. Change all the types into 3 three types
    Ranged Weapon Upgrade
    Melee Weapon Upgrade
    Armor Upgrade
    Collecting 100+ types and getting 1 that you need over 60 missions is stupid. And that is the average for my farming these days. The system can be better and should be better. It still can take 5 types to upgrade the weapons from MK1 to MK6 and 2 types to upgrade an armor to Penult. Just reduce the number the types so that it is a nicer farming experience. The current system is just one that looks good on paper but sucks when drops are RNG controlled.

In the event that the above fix is not possible or deemed stupid. Can we get an NPC that lets us turn in LE Types on a 5 to 1 ratio for a specific type we need?

Add Perennium weapons fill out the rest of the weapon types. My ideas:
    Pistol
    Shotgun
    Sword (1he)
    Long Sword (2he)
    Bat (1hb)
    Sledge Hammer (2hb) <- really think getting back to AO release roots for enforcers here
    Saber (piercing)
    Claw (ma)
    Crossbow (bow)
    Really no reason to not finish out the weapon set. Why Sol, Fix & agent were ever singled out for such power is a bit odd to me. The basis here is that these would all be 1/1 weapons like the current Perennium weapons. These are in no way endgame weapons but would make for decent options. Base there power on 90% AI Weapons but use the QL to Skill Req scale that the current ones use.

Make the "Not in combat" and "Sitting" heal delta start at 100 for all classes. Leave the tick amount the amount same. Just bring AO a bit more in line with your other games and most MMO's in general with a heal delta that actually noticeable with you are out of combat and sitting.

New AI Zone for solo play. For simplicity copy S10 into a new zone and scale it down for level 45-80 toons. Remove the boss system for this lower level zone. Just a place to go and kill aliens and get AI weapons in the level ranges of 40 to 100. Types could also drop here so the weapons could be typed. No bounties, no relays, no bosses. Just aliens to kills with same mission system that S10 has.

AI Weapon Typing NPC in the NPE. Great that it drops AI weapons in NPE. But really no way to type them. So make an NPC that gives you a mission to collect X number alien weapons in return for typing a weapon of your choice. I don't think a bunch of easily typed QL10-16 AI weapons is going to break the game. But it would be a nice option for new players and low level twinks.

Fix the direction you face when exiting the Daily Mission Shops so that they match every other building in the game. Exiting the one in Bor to find yourself facing the door is really an amaetur mistake at creation. Time to fix it.

Finish Ofab armor so that all professions have shoulder pads.

These are some thoughts. Stop thinking big and take on something that actually can be done in the time you allotted.
    That won't ever happen its too logical and has way too much common sense.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast