Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 30th April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    Killing a player should award XP - but only in instanced PVP (or possibly tower wars). There are other people there, so dual-logging will not really be profitable - aside from the fact that it's breaking the EULA. (other people already mentioned that)
    The notum miner instance is instanced PvP. Which is where I would expect everyone to go to farm themselves.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    The notum miner instance is instanced PvP. Which is where I would expect everyone to go to farm themselves.
    people get mad if you kill anyone there. maybe i just missed you're only supposed to kill your own alts there?!

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    people get mad if you kill anyone there. maybe i just missed you're only supposed to kill your own alts there?!

player log in newly created froob accts to level up his/her main acct. for new "pvp xp experience"

yap i see it now

/petition being harrassed by other players in me trying to level my toons, since i'm getting pvp in pvp zone. all i want to do is just get some quick levels killing off my alts
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Eyeballing the past couple of pages of this thread made me go all "are you kidding me?". :|
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I haven't been there for awhile but last time I went (about a year ago, I guess) it wasn't instanced.. just an open playfield. Has something new been done to the area (or are you referring to something on test?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Not instanced but will spawn additional playfields similar to shops if too many players in one at same time. Although I do not think this has happened in a looong time.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

So much short-sightedness here.

Killing your own alts in PvP battlestations or other similar places (for whatever effect) is NOT allowed by FC.

There was a chat bot in RK2 that allowed people to organize arranged runs. It was taken down due to it not being allowed. Now.. if people can't kill their friends/random people in an arranged fashion... they surely can't kill their own alts in an arranged faction! It's basic logic!

All these "omg multiboxers will level with their alts in pvp!" claims are baseless (again!) and mean nothing due to their misinformed roots.
    More so, you also can't get 20 org mates/friends with neutral/another faction chars and farm the hell out of each other! It's actually not allowed!

Please, before making claims, check if you're right in making them. Is it that hard?

Have a nice day!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Not instanced but will spawn additional playfields similar to shops if too many players in one at same time. Although I do not think this has happened in a looong time.
    Yeah I understood that part, I was asking about Wakizaka's statement.. is that something on test?
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    There was a chat bot in RK2 that allowed people to organize arranged runs. It was taken down due to it not being allowed.
    Best thing we ever did over on RK2. I got so much VP on my Engineer, it was fantastic.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Everyone is free to do 3x BS dailies a day until the patch hits. Best time to stock up is now
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I haven't been there for awhile but last time I went (about a year ago, I guess) it wasn't instanced.. just an open playfield. Has something new been done to the area (or are you referring to something on test?
    It's always been an instanced playfield, or did you never notice you were always segregated out into BS level range instances ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

It's always been an instanced playfield, or did you never notice you were always segregated out into BS level range instances ?
    Tbh, I've never seen anyone actually in there to make that distinction.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Killing your own alts in PvP battlestations or other similar places (for whatever effect) is NOT allowed by FC.

More so, you also can't get 20 org mates/friends with neutral/another faction chars and farm the hell out of each other! It's actually not allowed!

Please, before making claims, check if you're right in making them. Is it that hard?
    You mean they can track how many times I kill the same person in pvp for xp? Even though pretty much same people show up for bat station all the time right?

Or maybe it will be policed sort of like credit selling for real money. That's still not allowed right?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Tbh, I've never seen anyone actually in there to make that distinction.
    It's surprisingly enough in the PF name when you zone in.

I've only gone in there on 220 toons on a couple occassions. Once was like some drunken friday event and the other time I believe I was there by myself. Same applies to my non-220 toons. I think I've gone maybe a couple times but was always alone. So as Raggy said, I guess I haven't seen enough people in there to realize there was a level range or more than one instance. I've also never seen any information on instance name, but again.. I wasn't looking for it.

I would say good to know but I guess since no one goes there.. I"ll file it in the useless random AO fact file.
    You can find me at:

There was a chat bot in RK2 that allowed people to organize arranged runs. It was taken down due to it not being allowed. Now.. if people can't kill their friends/random people in an arranged fashion... they surely can't kill their own alts in an arranged faction! It's basic logic!

All these "omg multiboxers will level with their alts in pvp!" claims are baseless (again!) and mean nothing due to their misinformed roots.

Have a nice day!
    Ok, I'm honest, this post irritates me. Yes, it is against the rules. So what?

I've said this before: A law not enforced is no law at all!

The last time I remember FC cracking down on anything significant was when S10 was introduced and it happened to have the loot tables from S42.
    People would get the loot fair and square, but FC went through every account and removed any ACDCs anyway.

That was in 2007.
    Since then, they might have fixed exploits, but haven't bothered with punishment or damage control.

What makes you think they would suddenly enforce this law?
    Who's really shortsighted here?
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    You mean they can track how many times I kill the same person in pvp for xp? Even though pretty much same people show up for bat station all the time right?

Or maybe it will be policed sort of like credit selling for real money. That's still not allowed right?
    I'll just tell you FC ended that practice, as they would do with XP farming.

It actually happened.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    Ok, I'm honest, this post irritates me. Yes, it is against the rules. So what?

I've said this before: A law not enforced is no law at all!

The last time I remember FC cracking down on anything significant was when S10 was introduced and it happened to have the loot tables from S42.
    People would get the loot fair and square, but FC went through every account and removed any ACDCs anyway.

That was in 2007.
    Since then, they might have fixed exploits, but haven't bothered with punishment or damage control.

What makes you think they would suddenly enforce this law?
    Who's really shortsighted here?

They did it before, they'll likely do it again. Some "laws" are hard to enforce, this one is not.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

They did it before, they'll likely do it again. Some "laws" are hard to enforce, this one is not.
    That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    But there is a mountain of evidence that suggests the exact opposite!
    I have nothing to hide, but I value my privacy!
    I'm not on facebook, twitter or any other social media.
    I will never reveal my in-game characters or organizations on a public forum.
    If that upsets all the virtual exhibitionists, so be it!

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    That's your opinion and you are entitled to it.
    But there is a mountain of evidence that suggests the exact opposite!
    I had very close experience with this arranged pvp bot situation. They acted directly upon it. It's not an opinion, it's an eyewitness account from myself.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>