Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 30th April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    I had very close experience with this arranged pvp bot situation. They acted directly upon it. It's not an opinion, it's an eyewitness account from myself.
    Although FC gave the players the PvP dailies in order to avoid match fixing happening again. So something decent came out of it, which they're taking away again

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Just hopping into this 'xp for pvp' convo for a brief moment because it seems feasible to me. If such a thing were to ever make it into game you'd think that xp for pvp kills would work in a similar manner of diminishing returns as the current pvp point system. I mean right now you can't just farm pvp points off of one toon.. every time you kill someone you get less and less until you stop getting pvp score off of them at all. Additionally, they could add something in where you can only get xp if the toon you kill is not the same faction. These 2 things alone would reduce people taking advantage of the system I'd think.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Actually you're wrong Jill.
    Just die and the diminishing returns disappears.

So again, my point still stands. People would just have 2 teams on both sides of the conflict, and farm themselves.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

Just give xp at the end of every BS round, winning team gets more than the other.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    Just give xp at the end of every BS round, winning team gets more than the other.
    But that would promote... gasp FOUR CAPPING :O
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

How about:

• Rewards of 1/4th of a daily reward for up to 12 solo kills in a 24 hour cycle.
    • Rewards of 1/4th of a daily reward for up to 24 team kills in a 24 hour cycle.
    • Rewards of 1/4th of a daily reward for up to 24 duel wins in a 24 hour cycle.
    • Solo & team kill rewards only applicable to kills made inside Battlestations or Notum War fields that are hot.
    • Duel rewards available anywhere.
    • Rewards of 1/20th of a daily reward per tower destroyed (needs to work within an RI, rewarding every member).
    • Rewards of 1/2th of a daily reward per CT destroyed (needs to work within an RI, rewarding every member).
    • Remove the XP granted from the BS dailies, and leave the tokens & VP reward as well as leaving it 3/day.

With this, if you were to do some BS solo for those kills, then NW for the team kills and do so with just 2 offences, you could end up yielding 3 (solo kills) + 6 (team kills) + 6 (60 towers per site) + 1 (2 CTs) for 16 dailies worth of XP which makes it a viable alternative to PvM for PvPers to gain their XP/SK/Research.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    But that would promote... gasp FOUR CAPPING :O
    And also.... participation! You are right, we should not go down that road!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    How about:

• Rewards of 1/4th of a daily reward for up to 12 solo kills in a 24 hour cycle.
    • Rewards of 1/4th of a daily reward for up to 24 team kills in a 24 hour cycle.
    • Rewards of 1/4th of a daily reward for up to 24 duel wins in a 24 hour cycle.
    • Solo & team kill rewards only applicable to kills made inside Battlestations or Notum War fields that are hot.
    • Duel rewards available anywhere.
    • Rewards of 1/20th of a daily reward per tower destroyed (needs to work within an RI, rewarding every member).
    • Rewards of 1/2th of a daily reward per CT destroyed (needs to work within an RI, rewarding every member).
    • Remove the XP granted from the BS dailies, and leave the tokens & VP reward as well as leaving it 3/day.

With this, if you were to do some BS solo for those kills, then NW for the team kills and do so with just 2 offences, you could end up yielding 3 (solo kills) + 6 (team kills) + 6 (60 towers per site) + 1 (2 CTs) for 16 dailies worth of XP which makes it a viable alternative to PvM for PvPers to gain their XP/SK/Research.
    Not a bad idea.. somewhere between this and Traderjill's diminishing returns idea would be perfect imo.

No XP for duels though, PvP is generally not balanced towards 1v1 in MMO's and duels shouldn't be seen as a means of gaining anything other than false epeen. b's love false epeen.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    did you stop to think for a second that they're not alone up there ?
    Who'd go spawncamping afk's at A or B when a bs is running?

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    people get mad if you kill anyone there. maybe i just missed you're only supposed to kill your own alts there?!
    Customers are always right.

FC really screwed up doing that one, if it was only open every 5th hour and had a endbos with unique loot...
    Last edited by leetlover; May 10th, 2014 at 19:48:33.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Actually you're wrong Jill.
    Just die and the diminishing returns disappears.

So again, my point still stands. People would just have 2 teams on both sides of the conflict, and farm themselves.
    Not sure what you mean by just die. If that clears the games memory of how many times you've killed another player then they can just fix that system memory wipe. Is that how pvp score currently works... that if you've killed someone to the point that you aren't getting pvp score then die and kill them after you get score from them again immediately?
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

What on Earth is people's moral objection to farming xp for yourself?

I'm fine with allowing the possibility if there's anyone crazy enough to want to do it because:
    It would probably be slower than heckler levelling
    It's against the rules

If people want to do it despite that, why not...let them? Either FC will crack down on it, or they won't, in which case a bunch of stubborn people will sloooooooowly cheat their way to 220.

Big deal. No need to get fixated by cheating. I mean, after people have duped trillions of credits, there's this furore over someone logging a bunch of alts to farm killing their alts for a minor xp reward?

Seems like impotent vigilantes fuming over minor crooks because they got screwed over by the mafia.

Let me out it this way: soloing is allowed.

These guys would be soloing, but slower, and at the risk of getting banned. Big deal
    Last edited by Encyros; May 11th, 2014 at 00:10:39.
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Who'd go spawncamping afk's at A or B when a bs is running? .
    Those who don't spend all of their time in sneak. Pretty much everyone I see on bs is roaming around, most of the time it's running there's only a few people on so players are kinda forced to look for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Encyros View Post
    What on Earth is people's moral objection to farming xp for yourself?

I'm fine with allowing the possibility if there's anyone crazy enough to want to do it because:
    It would probably be slower than heckler levelling
    It's against the rules

If people want to do it despite that, why not...let them? Either FC will crack down on it, or they won't, in which case a bunch of stubborn people will sloooooooowly cheat their way to 220.

Big deal. No need to get fixated by cheating. I mean, after people have duped trillions of credits, there's this furore over someone logging a bunch of alts to farm killing their alts for a minor xp reward?

Seems like impotent vigilantes fuming over minor crooks because they got screwed over by the mafia.

Let me out it this way: soloing is allowed.

These guys would be soloing, but slower, and at the risk of getting banned. Big deal
    Stop, you're making sense.

Please Funcom lower the Monthly Subscribe or turn it off ur PAIN to play at a empty server !!!

no one in europe is willed to pay 17,19€ monthly or sub for 3,6 or 12 month without any patch,
    with content or to fix the economy back from ur greedy drop rate where ever we hunt for.

The cost free ARK r to lazy to remove the cred spam from the chat but into the forum they r the fastest in removing posts and spending infaction points like a salt shaker, one get the next not for the same thing.

ps.
    explain me how to get "Inferno Sanctuary Quest - Omni" quest updated in killing
    "Redeemed Lord Galahad" and his bazzillion add´s ?
    looks like fail patched the dmg we get in there and only with a community raid a goal in view range.

Move or u can pic up in future returnable bottles to pay ur bills.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    No XP for duels though, PvP is generally not balanced towards 1v1 in MMO's and duels shouldn't be seen as a means of gaining anything other than false epeen.
    I disagree, duels are the ultimate test of pvp. If you are going to reward xp for getting gang-banged by 5 multi-box toons vs 1 player, or by backyard hopping AS ganks, there is absolutely no reason not to reward an actual stand up toe to toe fight.

In fact duels are the only version of pvp xp I would support.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    ps.
    explain me how to get "Inferno Sanctuary Quest - Omni" quest updated in killing
    "Redeemed Lord Galahad" and his bazzillion add´s ?
    looks like fail patched the dmg we get in there and only with a community raid a goal in view range.
    Learn pulling techniques that have worked since SL inception ?

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I disagree, duels are the ultimate test of pvp. If you are going to reward xp for getting gang-banged by 5 multi-box toons vs 1 player, or by backyard hopping AS ganks, there is absolutely no reason not to reward an actual stand up toe to toe fight.

This would all be true if this game had anything close to class balance, as it is any experienced player knows how a duel will end before it even begins.

Learn pulling techniques that have worked since SL inception ?
    it´s not the first time we did it in there and ur a Clan and dont know how it is now.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. [attributed to Albert Einstein]

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    This would all be true if this game had anything close to class balance, as it is any experienced player knows how a duel will end before it even begins.
    If you are talking about the top 1% of pvp players I agree however, many a times I have won duels that on paper I should have lost.

On a side note perhaps pvp for xp done on a limited fashion such as inside arenas? Or only in mayhem 0% zones like the bar in mort "could" bring life back to those areas.

It also seperates pvp v pvm players as those are zone you must actively enter to participate. Not just be at wrong place at wrong time waiting to be ganked.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post

PvP in most MMO's is not balanced for 1v1. Duels do not reflect anything of skill or quality, they're just fun to do. There's no "toe-to-toe" in most MMO's because one class's paper, another rock and another scissors. They even often have their "nemesis" like on AO.

This alone makes XP in Duels pointless, despite how much fun they are.

Also, given AO's mass pvp nature, the focus on "team pvp" and balancing around it makes perfect sense.. so no reason to change it.

EDIT: Note that I'm not defending AO's balance. It's done HORRIBLY, but the ideology is the right one.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; May 17th, 2014 at 00:07:48.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Would be cool of those collectorboxes could be bought for 50k vp or so.

Edit:
    and let all access any of the ofabshops since is yesdrop.
    Last edited by leetlover; May 16th, 2014 at 23:55:00.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast