Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - 30th April 2014

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    Duels do not reflect anything of skill or quality, they're just fun to do.

This alone makes XP in Duels pointless, despite how much fun they are.

Also, given AO's mass pvp nature, the focus on "team pvp" and balancing around it makes perfect sense.. so no reason to change it.
    Again I disagree, a 4 man team of pistol/smg sol can insta kill every member of opposing team with 4 AS and have enough time during AMS to do it one opposing member at a time. Where is the "skill" in that? Only a team of 4 other AMS sol would have any chance to survive that team alpha for a limited time.

But that is worth xp in your opinion? pfft
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Again I disagree, a 4 man team of pistol/smg sol can insta kill every member of opposing team with 4 AS and have enough time during AMS to do it one opposing member at a time. Where is the "skill" in that? Only a team of 4 other AMS sol would have any chance to survive that team alpha for a limited time.

A good team can easily counter 4 pistol/smg soldiers. I don't know what your point is here, but if you can't think up a team composition that would obliterate 4x pistol/smg soldiers with their barrage of specials.. you need to study pvp.

EDIT: I'll add an example to make this clearer. Assuming 8 players of similar skill, 4 are pistol/smg soldiers on Team A, 4 are engi+nt+trader+crat(or doc) on Team B, with a little bit of strategy the soldiers would be rage quitting VERY fast. There are many other examples (most prolly even better than this one!) of teams that would be a good counter to your idea of an apparently unbeatable team.

Of course this implies coordination and an actual "team effort" to have any meaning.. but that applies to the soldier example as well.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; May 17th, 2014 at 12:19:36.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

If you are talking about the top 1% of pvp players I agree however, many a times I have won duels that on paper I should have lost.
    That's another thing wrong with duels, people tend to pick easy targets.

Xp from duel is futile - not only by current game mechanics, but player tendency to exploit anything beyond any borders.

When I read suggestion about XP from PVP, it was ment to be implented into BS to enchance experience (seems legit) and to boost attendency in that pvp instance. Also, it would be alternative for players pvp oriented (like me). Any othe option is just BAD BAD BAD.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

I have the heart of a soldier... in a jar.
    There are no problem that an absence of solution could'nt solve

Wielder of the "IWin" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Also, it would be alternative for players pvp oriented (like me).
    yeah, altho for it to be a alternative it would have to lock out the pvm-version.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

A good team can easily counter 4 pistol/smg soldiers.

Of course this implies coordination and an actual "team effort" to have any meaning.. but that applies to the soldier example as well.
    You seem to like to argue but pistol sol was just an example i could easily have said 4 pistol advy, 4 agent, 4 tigress mp, 4 pistol doc, 4 ofab traders etc etc. Any 4 AS + fling, burst, or perk will insta gib opposing teams 1 player at a time. That is if they even go after teams and not just hunt down greenies/pvm players on BS.

So you can talk all about "skill" you want but that is zero skill team work and can be done by 1 person "legally" with a multi box setup.

If you think that deserves xp for pvp then that speaks volumes about what you consider skill.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You seem to like to argue but pistol sol was just an example i could easily have said 4 pistol advy, 4 agent, 4 tigress mp, 4 pistol doc, 4 ofab traders etc etc. Any 4 AS + fling, burst, or perk will insta gib opposing teams 1 player at a time. That is if they even go after teams and not just hunt down greenies/pvm players on BS.

So you can talk all about "skill" you want but that is zero skill team work and can be done by 1 person "legally" with a multi box setup.

If you think that deserves xp for pvp then that speaks volumes about what you consider skill.
    Blockers.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

You clearly know nothing of multiboxing or proper team PvP (btw, a proper team will easily grind a multiboxer down, that's why multiboxers don't win PvP championships in any game I've ever known, including AO's OOOOLD pvp tourney that I'm not sure many remember).. I'm sorry but I'll have to, yet again, stop replying to you unless you provide anything of substance to the discussion.

Check other people's replies on this very thread as well as mine to see all the basic PvP logic you missed in regards to team PvP.

As for multiboxing.. I've already noticed you're ignorant of the subject (how it works, how it doesn't work, how it can be countered, how it can be legal/illegal in each game and way to do it, etc) in previous threads and until you learn more about it, be it through discussion, study or practice.. you're just not worth answering.

Enjoy!
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Blockers.
    +1
    That was the point, 4 profs that do most of the damage by specials couldn't hurt a well-organized team with blockers.

Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    +1
    That was the point, 4 profs that do most of the damage by specials couldn't hurt a well-organized team with blockers.
    Or just about any team with a crat/trader with max nano range spamming AoE roots during AMS.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

you all assume you can build your team any way you like, not with what happens to run around and is even willing to team.

and even if you could, go watch the final of the team pvp tournament and then post again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    you all assume you can build your team any way you like, not with what happens to run around and is even willing to team.

and even if you could, go watch the final of the team pvp tournament and then post again.
    I never assumed this. But you equally can't assume you'll find the challenge referenced in Psikie's post... goes both ways.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

nah, you just assumed there is engi running around.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    nah, you just assumed there is engi running around.
    Who on Earth does team PvP without an Engy? :s
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

The hardcore!!

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

You can get into decent size conflicts in bore with a flagged engie nearby, and no one ever even thinks twice about teaming up. People need their solo score epeen.

Towers is a different story though.
    Brofist 220/30/70 Engineer
    Techbro 220/30/70 Nano-Technician

So XP for PvP should be based on skill, while XP for PvM is pretty much about what kind of a tedious grind one can bear (or how many credats you have in the bank to pay that kiting NT) 98% of the time?

Wanted: XP for PvM that is actually based on skill. Yeah, it is out there but it is in the minority.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Wanted: XP for PvM that is actually based on skill. Yeah, it is out there but it is in the minority.

THAT BE "CONSLE OR SINGLE RPG OF SCHOOL DAYS"

MMORG...PEEPS WANT DING! DING! MAX LV!
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Blockers.
    You clearly know nothing of multiboxing or proper team Pvp!
    Quote Originally Posted by BytEfLUSh2 View Post
    +1
    You can't figure this stuff out on your own or you just want to argue.

All this not only assumes the multi-boxer is going after a "well organized team" and not just insta ganking people as they pop out of decon or show up at a cap point. It also wrongly assumes that EVRYONE will be able to find and team with an engi at any and all lvl ranges. It also assumes the MB wont just fling/burst to get rid of blockers before killin off your toons with AS.

The point is and was, that you are advocating xp for pvp. My point is that is not xp worthy or skill worthy and should not be even considered. UNLESS it's for duels where open inspect and visable nanos makes it a choice to engage in pvp under whatever odds and roll the dice on xp reward or loss. Not just giving free xp to Bat Stat gank fests or backyard hopping garbage.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast